300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
    Just got back from the Astro's tryout. Hit 89mph on the gun with the FB and as low as 71 with off speed, and they were very impressed. They told me to expect a phone call very soon, dream might come true who knows. Just keeping everyone updated!
    I don't know what I'd rather risk... a fastball coming back at me off a Louisville Slugger or a tinted out cadillac doing 55 at 3am. Good luck man.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Thank you everyone! No juice, I promise. Well I've only experienced once of those 4985 and well lets just say my pants were a bit damp afterwards.

Comment

• Guys here who know me know this...

I kind of know a guy who knows a thing or two about the academy and at this point NOTHING is scheduled tentatively or otherwise. Things may change and they will be ready to whip it together if authorized.

My source is pretty reliable and about as close as you can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
            Guys here who know me know this...

I kind of know a guy who knows a thing or two about the academy and at this point NOTHING is scheduled tentatively or otherwise. Things may change and they will be ready to whip it together if authorized.

My source is pretty reliable and about as close as you can get.
            ya your source is pretty saucy.... id listen to linux.. im not going to give up the source... but if thats the word you got... then thats the word id listen too.. not to mention same stuff weve all been saying..

Comment

• deleted post
              Last edited by Brian23; 04-29-2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Just got back from the Astro's tryout. Hit 89mph on the gun with the FB and as low as 71 with off speed, and they were very impressed. They told me to expect a phone call very soon, dream might come true who knows. Just keeping everyone updated!

Sweet! Post as soon as you hear the good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  Sweet! Post as soon as you hear the good news.
                  Got the call from the scout today, he told me he spoke with my college coach and wants me to have some collegiate experience under my belt. He also said it would be good to learn some more and increase my size. I should be expecting a contract offer if I tear it up next year. Now the real work comes. Will definetly keep all of you updated!

Comment

Got the call from the scout today, he told me he spoke with my college coach and wants me to have some collegiate experience under my belt. He also said it would be good to learn some more and increase my size. I should be expecting a contract offer if I tear it up next year. Now the real work comes. Will definetly keep all of you updated!
                    Congrats Nick! good luck with the rest of the process, oh and watch the speedometer...hahaha just kiding man!

Comment

That's awesome Nick. I really hope that works out for you. Best of luck.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words everyone! I really appreciate it, worked real hard for this so I guess I can kind of relate to some of you as you have with the NYSP.

firm: Will do, I was careful Saturday even though I was all jacked up haha!

SDT: Thank you sir, if I make it and you ever want tickets drop me a pm!

Comment

• Academy

In regards to all the recent posts about the academy...I encourage anyone to email/call their recruitment office, and I bet you will hear the same thing of an academy in Oct/Nov with rumors pushing towards November.

Comment

• The Truth....

Originally posted by NY117 View Post
                            In regards to all the recent posts about the academy...I encourage anyone to email/call their recruitment office, and I bet you will hear the same thing of an academy in Oct/Nov with rumors pushing towards November.
                            Well, I guess we will see. IF the academy is scheduled for November we all should have letters by mid september.
                            sigpic
                            SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• For all those interested, register on line to attend the NY Law Enforcement Expo which will be held at the Javits Center on Wed, Sep 9 & Thurs Sep 10 (from 10-4pm). *Admission is free to the exhibits, Conference and training sessions. You can also register to win a Glock Model Pistol.

http://www.nylawexpo.com/nyNewFiles/exhbtinfo.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                                Well, I guess we will see. IF the academy is scheduled for November we all should have letters by mid september.

Nickelbloom - quick question for you .. where do you get your info from and why are you so sure that what you think you know is right ?

I got a letter 2 weeks before my academy started... so dont get people thinking that they will have a letter of acceptance 1.5 mos before it starts... sometimes things move quick and you dont have much time at all.. My whole processing only lasted 3 weeks... from agility test, backround investigation, psych and polygraph and final medical to the night i took my 1st step into the academy as a recruit... I actually recieved a phone call asking if i would accept a position into the academy and then a letter followed a few days later.

I know what im talking about b/c i lived it .. I hope this helps anyone out there trying to get in.. just stay in shape and be prepared for things to happen at anytime..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12649 users online. 464 members and 12185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X