X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
    Great, and you?

How's the career going?
    it's going good, saving the hood one collar at a time.
    almost had my first gun arrest the other day. but once I put the person in cuff it turned out to be a bb gun. :-(....(no reason why a grown men should be walking around with a bb gun in a robbery prone location)..... I guess my observation skills are getting better. Only 3yrs until I can retake the NYSP test. I had the pleasure to work with a trooper the other day at a detail, good guy.
    Last edited by John2008; 08-08-2009, 09:44 PM.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• http://www.sperrmemorialpark.org/

1st Annual 10k Run & 3k Run/Walk
      TIME TO SPERR
      September 26, 2009 at Sperr Memorial Park

Comment

• Soooo......

How about that weather?

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• A bit muggy for my liking.
            Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              pretty darn nice outside
              Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
              A bit muggy for my liking.

Hahaha great!

Comment

• Academy Nov. 09'

Yes there will be an academy Nov. 09'

Comment

• Originally posted by NY117 View Post
                  Yes there will be an academy Nov. 09'
                  Joking, or serious, and how do you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                    Joking, or serious, and how do you know?
                    Serious, and from talking with two different recruiters, that is what they said..now I'm sure someone will get on here say the opposite...just reporting what I heard..that's all

Comment

• Id be surprised if it was true about a class going in for November. Ive heard from several troopers that the academy is shut down.

My buddys father is a senior investigator for the state police and he basically told his son to go back to school because there is going to be a freeze on the hiring.

I recently went to a funeral for my cousin's mother. He is also a trooper, there was a honory gaurd for her, and about 4 troopers were all saying the same thing.

With that said who knows, id be very surprised however if there was another class before the next fiscal year.

Comment

• Has anyone noticed the update on the website. Basicly all of the exams are graded now and to login in to the system to check your ranking. IF they were not planning on any class soon why bother grading the last exam and posting the results. Anybody?
                        sigpic
                        SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                          Has anyone noticed the update on the website. Basicly all of the exams are graded now and to login in to the system to check your ranking. IF they were not planning on any class soon why bother grading the last exam and posting the results. Anybody?
                          To avoid getting phone calls from all the people that took tests after. I don't think they would give a test and then just not grade it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                            Has anyone noticed the update on the website. Basicly all of the exams are graded now and to login in to the system to check your ranking. IF they were not planning on any class soon why bother grading the last exam and posting the results. Anybody?
                            i believe its been posted before... that its not up to the NYSP when an academy is held. They are going to have everything ready for when they get the ok from Govn't to put one through. Division will be prepared to put a class through as soon as the money is available to do so. that is why they are grading exams, and making sure candidates are up to date on everything. It wouldnt be very professional to be told yes, you can put a class through but it has to start by this date and not be prepared or have enough candidates ready to fill the numbers. Nickebloom i know its hard but you just need to be patient and try not to think too much about it.

The word around my Zone stands the same... No Academy in the near future.. i know its not what you want to hear but its whats being said

Comment

• RIP

Travis Capen was a real good guy and a tremendous athlete. He ran a 7:56 for the 1.5 mile in our academy and if memory serves me well he was active duty in 11B in FT Drum (Maybe 1/32 - my unit) and Alaska. I ran into his father a few years back and he was a real nice guy too.

Thoughts and prayers with the family and friends.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/break...225134557.html

Trooper killed in midday crash

By ANDREA VanVALKENBURG
                              Staff Writer

PERU — Area law-enforcement are mourning the death of one of their own, killed in a motorcycle crash Thursday.

Trooper Travis Capen was off-duty midday Thursday when he rode his bike through the intersection of Dashnaw and Lapham Mills roads and was struck by an oncoming car.

After a preliminary investigation, State Police believe the other driver, Michael Keenan, 61, of Peru, was driving his Chevy Impala north on Dashnaw Road around 11 a.m., when he stopped at the stop sign and pulled into the intersection.

Police said Keenan didn’t see the eastbound motorcyclist when he pulled into the road and smashed into Capen’s 1999 Suzuki.

Capen, a 29-year-old local father, suffered extensive injuries when he was thrown from his bike.

Both drivers were taken by ambulance to CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh, where Capen was pronounced dead on arrival.

Keenan was later listed in stable condition.

The notorious intersection —the site of several serious accidents in the past — was blocked for several hours Thursday afternoon as authorities continued their investigation.

Capen had been on the force since 2005 and resided in Morrisonville with his wife and young children.

He was most often on highway patrol based out of the State Police station in Valcour, Capt. Robert LaFountain said.

Capen was also head varsity wrestling coach at AuSable Valley High School and was active with his team throughout the year.

He was a graduate of AVCS, where he had been a member of the wrestling team.

After the crash, Troop B Commander Maj. Richard C. Smith Jr. called Capen’s death a tragic loss.

“On behalf of all New York State Police members and civilian personnel, I would like to extend my condolences to the family of Travis A. Capen, who proudly served the Division of State Police since 2005,” Smith said in a statement.

“He was a dedicated public servant, and this is a great loss to our organization and the community Trooper Capen served. ”

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
                                i believe its been posted before... that its not up to the NYSP when an academy is held. They are going to have everything ready for when they get the ok from Govn't to put one through. Division will be prepared to put a class through as soon as the money is available to do so. that is why they are grading exams, and making sure candidates are up to date on everything. It wouldnt be very professional to be told yes, you can put a class through but it has to start by this date and not be prepared or have enough candidates ready to fill the numbers. Nickebloom i know its hard but you just need to be patient and try not to think too much about it.

The word around my Zone stands the same... No Academy in the near future.. i know its not what you want to hear but its whats being said
                                I understand what your saying, but the 09-10' budget includes a 6 million dollar increase for SP. The year before that they took a 67 million dollar decrease and still ran academies. WHo knows what that money is going towards, but I guess we will wait and see...I wish an official word would be said one way or another

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11138 users online. 476 members and 10662 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X