Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They got above 10,000 last test from what I heard.
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
      They got above 10,000 last test from what I heard.
      Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the last test State Police didn't have a budget problem and every year they had two classes per year. So far they only had two classes off of this test and the first class had candidates from the 04 exam. Sooooooo I can't really see it going up to 10,000. But I hope they do.
      NCPD-93.813
      NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
      Passed The Weekend Processing
      SCPD-89.7
      PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
      NYPD-PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by OneDay View Post
        Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the last test State Police didn't have a budget problem and every year they had two classes per year. So far they only had two classes off of this test and the first class had candidates from the 04 exam. Sooooooo I can't really see it going up to 10,000. But I hope they do.
        Well with the whole country in a economic bind, there is a chance that alot of people will be taking other jobs and may move on from the SP process since it has been extended so much. Just a thought, you never know what is going to happen.

Comment

• FYI.......

July 29, 2009 by WILLIAM MURPHY / [email protected]

Police departments in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City lost their bids for a share of nearly $1 billion in federal stimulus grants that the Obama administration doled out Tuesday.

The grants will enable 1,046 police departments across the nation to hire or rehire 4,699 police officers for three years, with the localities promising to pick up the tab for at least one additional year.

The $19.9 million for New York State went to 12 local police departments from Poughkeepsie to Utica, but the applications from New York City, Nassau and Suffolk did not qualify based on a formula involving crime levels and budget needs.

The selection process left some localities unhappy. It was "disappointing, to put it mildly," New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said. The city had applied for $650 million.

Suffolk County Executive Steve Steve Levy, who was seeking $12 million, said "it looks like we are being punished for managing our budget well and keeping crime low, which is unfortunate."

Nassau officials had been so confident of getting at least some money that they budgeted $12 million over the next three years. "I can't imagine us not getting the grant," the county's labor negotiator, Daniel McCray, said in March.

"We are surprised that we did not receive this funding and are still unaware of the reasons why we did not receive it, as details of the award have not been provided," said Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi.

Cash-strapped localities flooded the Justice Department during the past several months with applications, more than 7,000 in all.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, speaking at a news conference Tuesday in Philadelphia with Vice President Joe Biden, said the money was allocated "based on crime rates, financial need and community policing activities.

"These officers will go to where they are needed most," Holder said.

The Justice Department said it ranked each application on a 100-point scale, with half the points awarded for fiscal need and half based on crime statistics and community policing plans.

Half the $999.955 million was allocated for jurisdictions with populations of more than 150,000 people, and half to smaller jurisdictions, so big cities competed against big cities and small towns competed against small towns.

Most of the winning applications were rated in the 90s, while New York City got 64.8 points, Nassau County 62.4, Suffolk sheriffs 44.7, Suffolk Police 25.3 and Suffolk Park Police 8.6.

The Village of Hempstead police missed the cut with 84.1 points, while tiny Malverne Village was awarded only 6.6 points.

The city of Chicago, President Obama's political and home base, got $13.25 million of the $25.9 million awarded within Illinois. Ohio localities got $79.3 million and Utah got slightly more than $5 million. Each state was guaranteed a minimum of $5 million.
          NCPD-93.813
          NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
          Passed The Weekend Processing
          SCPD-89.7
          PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
          NYPD-PASSED

Comment

• im glad i started my career in a local town department while i wait i guess. i suppose the xperience cant hurt

the process seems so unpredictable that theres no point in trying to figure it out. just wait and maybe oneday it will happen

Comment

• Originally posted by OneDay View Post
              Only one class from this list, the one that was half old list and half new list....

Comment

• Academy, what else.....

I am still gonna be the optimistic one on here. I think that if NYS was not planning on having the 198th session this fall that they would have posted it on the website. In doing so it would prevent the calls to troops and albany regarding the status of the academy. This is purely my opinion and as with any government, local or federal, common sense does not always prevail.
                sigpic
                SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• i feel like i'm right back in the boat w/ all the hopefuls........i'm waiting for a DT instructor school, and it doesn't seem like they can have one unless they have a recruit class in....

can't wait to start front falls again

Comment

• Ok, let me start by stating that this is pure speculation on my part, and in no way reflects any inside knowledge or rumors. This is just my hunch.

But I think we won't see a new class until April, which is a new fiscal year.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                      i feel like i'm right back in the boat w/ all the hopefuls........i'm waiting for a DT instructor school, and it doesn't seem like they can have one unless they have a recruit class in....

can't wait to start front falls again
                      If I never do another front fall again it will be too many...seriously, nothing like kicking your own ***...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        Ok, let me start by stating that this is pure speculation on my part, and in no way reflects any inside knowledge or rumors. This is just my hunch.

But I think we won't see a new class until April, which is a new fiscal year.
                        SDT, if what you say is the truth, will the state have to re-do all of our processing due to expirations of each phase? Thanks
                        sigpic
                        SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                          If I never do another front fall again it will be too many...seriously, nothing like kicking your own ***...
                          yeah i know.....i wouldn't be surprised if they made me reprocess for the psych exams

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                            yeah i know.....i wouldn't be surprised if they made me reprocess for the psych exams
                            I'll take another psych exam
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• This thread is still going strong.

How you been SDT?
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                                This thread is still going strong.

How you been SDT?
                                Great, and you?

How's the career going?
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12368 users online. 458 members and 11910 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X