300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=6935608

Maybe there's a chance that State Police could benefit from this.

"New York City will get $7 million from another grant program. New York was almost certain to get those funds anyway, since that program delivers money based mostly on a pre-set population-based formula."
    NCPD-93.813
    NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
    Passed The Weekend Processing
    SCPD-89.7
    PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
    NYPD-PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      We would be at a skeleton crew within six months. That's bad for morale, bad for productivity, bad for your health, bad for the family life, etc., etc., etc.
      But good for my wallet

With Ford bring back the famous 302ci engine in aluminum (read 347 stroker) for MY 2011... I would gladly give up 50-60 pass days over a years time so the family guys don't have to be away from home any more then they want to. 2006 was a horrendous year for us but I wouldn't mind another 600+ hour OT year without any of us being shot or killed.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Anybody else catch the Emerald Society email?
        Last edited by reils49; 07-31-2009, 03:43 AM.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• damn computer
          Last edited by reils49; 07-31-2009, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            Anybody else catch the Emerald Society email?
            Kinda gutsy email as it didn't seem like it was approved by anyone. I am thinking someone might get an ear full... Or maybe it is my Troop but most emails like that should be approved by a Troop Commander or in this case higher...

What do you think SDT?

Comment

• It's funny, what, 5 years ago they were begging for troopers because of all the retirees. Now were knocking down the door and we cant get in. It's like that for any NY agency right now.
              Trying to get on in NY...
              PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                Kinda gutsy email as it didn't seem like it was approved by anyone. I am thinking someone might get an ear full... Or maybe it is my Troop but most emails like that should be approved by a Troop Commander or in this case higher...

What do you think SDT?
                Yeah, I thought so too.

Anyone joining? It's kind of hard to do, being such a large state. What do we do, meet in Buffalo one month, then Yonkers the next?
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• With the way the talks are going, I'm kind of glad that I'm going the route that I'm going. I've wanted to go into LE for quite a while, but got a little bit of a late start, and looks like it's the end of the road for me now. I'll be leaving in a few weeks to attend BCT and then onto OCS via the Army. I'll still be able to help people less fortunate than myself, which was my main reason for wanting to join an LE agency. I'll still be lurking around these threads, as I have been for the past few years. I wish everyone the best and hopefully there will be classes upcoming for the ones right on the fence of getting in.

Comment

• Training

So do any of the Troopers on here have any advice for the duration and type of running that one can expect while in the academy?

Currently I am running 3 miles a day and occasionally some weights when I get a chance. Thanks.
                    sigpic
                    SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

What do we do, meet in Buffalo one month, then Yonkers the next?
                      Maybe having regional meetings with an annual meeting somewhere central -- like the Governors house

Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
                      I'll be leaving in a few weeks to attend BCT and then onto OCS via the Army. .
                      Good luck to you!

Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                      Currently I am running 3 miles a day and occasionally some weights when I get a chance. Thanks.
                      You run the loop which is around a 5K. As you get close to an actual academy date stick with pushups, situps, mountain climbers, squat thrusters, and I think they have added burpees.

Here is a good demonstration
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM

Comment

Anyone joining?
                        Sarge,
                        Im in it for the beer. Ya know, Irish cops. Why else would you join.

Comment

• You run the loop which is around a 5K. As you get close to an actual academy date stick with pushups, situps, mountain climbers, squat thrusters, and I think they have added burpees.

Here is a good demonstration
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM[/QUOTE]

Will she be there to help us at the academy if we don't understand them at first?

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

Will she be there to help us at the academy if we don't understand them at first?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry someone will be there to help you, just not her!

She actually has great form; lands on her heels and takes off from them again. Most people lean forward onto the balls of their feet which takes away from the exercise...

Comment

• read back a few pages.

looks like my 8000 on the list is not ever gunna happen

Comment

• Originally posted by therook View Post
                                read back a few pages.

looks like my 8000 on the list is not ever gunna happen
                                someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they got above that # last test...

you're not sunk yet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9400 users online. 264 members and 9136 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X