300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY117 View Post
    I don't know who you got that info from, but as of 07/23/09 Albany has said like they said all along the academy is in October, and that is also confirmed on the same day by an instructor who teaches there. I know things change but just in in the last 5 days there apparently is no academy? Knowone really knows until their is official word.
    I think he got the info from someone working at the academy that was sent back to his troop.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
      I think he got the info from someone working at the academy that was sent back to his troop.
      That is what I read also.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• yea i caught that file 14.... its crazy that they are sending those 2 Sgt's back to the field.. That right there should be enough evidence the Academy is on shutdown for a while. I also saw one of my ATO's from last class he was sent back to his station and was told the same, that its been shut down till 2011.. he also felt that it wouldnt stay shutdown for that long.. but again who knows..

Comment

• Originally posted by NY117 View Post
          I don't know who you got that info from, but as of 07/23/09 Albany has said like they said all along the academy is in October, and that is also confirmed on the same day by an instructor who teaches there. I know things change but just in in the last 5 days there apparently is no academy? Knowone really knows until their is official word.
          Seeing as how he is employed by the NYSP I would trust him more than someone in Virginia? Just a suggestion.

Comment

• Look at it this way. If there is an october academy they need to conduct a medical 30 days prior and they mail you the invite about 2 to 3 weeks prior. so for an october academy invites should get out with in the month of august.so the first person to get an invite let us know

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
                I also saw one of my ATO's from last class he was sent back to his station and was told the same, that its been shut down till 2011.. he also felt that it wouldnt stay shutdown for that long.. but again who knows..

Maybe something like this could help: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/...lus/index.html

Whow knows, maybe the NYSP police will get the money they need.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                    See my previous post. RPD made out well though... maybe they won't need Impact troopers anymore heh.
                    Damn, must have posted about the same time.

Comment

• I don't know about 2011 post ponement. I know that the economy is bad, but almost 2 year delay? I don't know, sounds like rumors are taking over this board.

P.S-This is me hoping the rumors are false.
                      sigpic
                      SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        Dont lie. Your a buff in hiding.
                        Alright alright I can't tell a lie...it was actually a gift for you for having to stand directly down wind of me for 6 months.

Comment

• Your the man thanks so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                            I don't know about 2011 post ponement. I know that the economy is bad, but almost 2 year delay? I don't know, sounds like rumors are taking over this board.

P.S-This is me hoping the rumors are false.
                            I hope the rumors are false too, and I have to believe they are. A two year stretch without new hires would be devastating, because retirements continue right along. We would be at a skeleton crew within six months. That's bad for morale, bad for productivity, bad for your health, bad for the family life, etc., etc., etc.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              I hope the rumors are false too, and I have to believe they are. A two year stretch without new hires would be devastating, because retirements continue right along. We would be at a skeleton crew within six months. That's bad for morale, bad for productivity, bad for your health, bad for the family life, etc., etc., etc.
                              It's actually not a 2 year stretch. I talked to a trooper friend of mine the other day and he heard that academy was suspended for a year. He also said he does not know if it is rumor or not. I though about this last night and there could indeed be a class going in October as the March letters some received stated, and that may be the last class for a year, therefore bringing us to 2011. If fiscal 2009 was budgeted for 2 classes, then that may actually happen. 2010 is a whole different story, which some are predicting will be worse than 2009, and this may be where we don't see any classes. And that would make some sort of sense because when would the Oct. class end; March 2010. When does New York's 2009 fiscal year end; that's right March 31, 2010.

Wow, I just overanalyzed everything, but it does make sense.

Comment

• Those letters actually state tentatively scheduled for Fall 2009....meaning this can change and is certainly not set in stone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10830 users online. 359 members and 10471 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X