300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acap View Post
    Ok so I'm not sure how things work but. They are sending troopers back to the field because they don't need them to assist with processing. But what if you are already processed and waiting to get in. are the instructors troopers also? Are they sending them out also?
    Yes, they are sending Troopers that work at the Academy back to their troops. The ATO's are Troopers. What I was saying is like everyone else said, the evidence is showing there will not be a class anytime soon unfortuanetly.

Comment

• Like Nick331 said no class anytime soon. I heard from Albany that no classes coming up. This is because they do not start classes in Aug or Sept. Now don't kill the messenger, this is what I was told. So that being said they thought the next class would be in october.

For all of us who processed LAST fall, this would definately be good news.
      sigpic
      SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by acap View Post
        I ment to say I picked an awsome time to try and become a cop. I was being sarcastic. When itried to edit assume with awsome it wouldn't let me fix it. But I ment awsome not "assume"
        i figured......my statement was 50% me being an a-s-shole, 50% me wanting to quote the simpsons....

can anyone name the episode??

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
          This is because they do not start classes in Aug or Sept.
          my eod is 08/16/07
          and for sept, the first class to contain females was 09/70.....but you'll learn all that soon enough....

Comment

• Originally posted by MPUSMC View Post
            This doesnt make a whole lot of since, why spend the money and hold another proccesing weekend in march and conduct backrounds on new canidates and not have an academy? .
            They are going to conduct business as usual. What if they had not had a processing weekend and funding became available for another class??? They will always prepare as if there will be a class.

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
            my eod is 08/16/07
            Just 18 and change to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
              my eod is 08/16/07
              and for sept, the first class to contain females was 09/70.....but you'll learn all that soon enough....
              I don't even want to state my eod. Let's just say Reagan was President.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                I don't even want to state my eod. Let's just say Reagan was President.
                Lol.

Comment

• Everybody is saying the march processing might mean they're planning a class but don't the "prepare for a fall 2009 academy class" letters present stronger evidence that there would be an oct class? I know funding and things change quickly but would they send out those letters without strongly expecting a class?

I mean some people have posted that they received those letters as recent as this month did they not?

This process is so rough. I feel bad for the guys who got those letters recently and planned around it. Now I'm in a way glad I haven't received one yet.

Also have they sent academy staff home in the past and then turned around and started an academy only months later? Is sending staff back to their zone routine?
                  NYSP
                  2008 Exam Score - 97.64
                  Rank- 6xx

Comment

• I recently spoke with a co-worker, who's husband is a zone sergeant and
                    according to her he has not heard anything about there not being an academy this fall sometime, (october-ish)

I'm not sure whether he made some calls or it’s just an assumption? I figured I pass what I heard and feed the fire.....

Comment

• Letters

Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
                      Everybody is saying the march processing might mean they're planning a class but don't the "prepare for a fall 2009 academy class" letters present stronger evidence that there would be an oct class? I know funding and things change quickly but would they send out those letters without strongly expecting a class?

I mean some people have posted that they received those letters as recent as this month did they not?
                      I got one of those "letters" back in March stating to be ready for an academy class in the Fall of 2009.
                      sigpic
                      SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Does anybody know of a good site to have replica shields (even if they are mini) made up? I haven't had any luck finding one that will do our style. I'd like to get one for my fiance.

Comment

• http://www.statetroopergifts.com/Qst...7&BACK=A0001A1

Comment

• More Academy rumors

One of the guys who was there and was sent home, said they were told no more classes till 2011. Did anyone catch the File 14 yesterday re-assigning two Sgt's back to Troop G?
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                              Does anybody know of a good site to have replica shields (even if they are mini) made up? I haven't had any luck finding one that will do our style. I'd like to get one for my fiance.
                              Dont lie. Your a buff in hiding.
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                One of the guys who was there and was sent home, said they were told no more classes till 2011. Did anyone catch the File 14 yesterday re-assigning two Sgt's back to Troop G?
                                I don't know who you got that info from, but as of 07/23/09 Albany has said like they said all along the academy is in October, and that is also confirmed on the same day by an instructor who teaches there. I know things change but just in in the last 5 days there apparently is no academy? Knowone really knows until their is official word.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12312 users online. 440 members and 11872 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X