Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father is one of the Albany County Coroners and on a scene today he was talking to several of troopers. They were telling him that within the next year the state is losing close to 300 troopers, so depending on the budget... that sounds pretty good for anyone going through the processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
      One of the guys who was supposed to be permanently assigned to the academy on this next rotation has been sent back to zone and word is that the academy is shut down for more than just a couple of months.
      I heard just about the same kinda thing today. sounds like the academy is closing down for more than a lil while..

Comment

• Looks like some of the NCOs are headed back to zone too....not a good sign for sure..

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
          Looks like some of the NCOs are headed back to zone too....not a good sign for sure..
          Yea im feeling luck as hell right now to be part of the 197...

If the NCO's are headed back to Zone things at the Academy will be quiet for sure..

Comment

• Well I guess this explains why my investigator was pushing for me to use my GI bill and hinting for me to go to college soon during my updated investigation. He talked more to me about college then the academy so I guess he knew this would happen

Comment

• My friends mother said things are quieting down and most of the Troopers working out of the Academy are heading back. Sorry for those processing.

Comment

• Ok so I'm not sure how things work but. They are sending troopers back to the field because they don't need them to assist with processing. But what if you are already processed and waiting to get in. are the instructors troopers also? Are they sending them out also?

Comment

• Originally posted by acap View Post
                  Ok so I'm not sure how things work but. They are sending troopers back to the field because they don't need them to assist with processing. But what if you are already processed and waiting to get in. are the instructors troopers also? Are they sending them out also?
                  No, they are sending the guys that actually work the academy classes back out to their troop.

Comment

Ok so I'm not sure how things work but. They are sending troopers back to the field because they don't need them to assist with processing. But what if you are already processed and waiting to get in. are the instructors troopers also? Are they sending them out also?
                    They are sending guys back to the road because they aren't needed at the academy. They aren't needed at the academy because there isn't going to be an academy class going through anytime soon.

BTW... just because 300 guys are eligable for retirement this year... (1) it doesn't mean they are going to and (2) it doesn't mean NYS has to replace a single one of them, if they do retire.

Don't mean to sound like a cynic but I always look at thing worst case scenerio so I'm never disappointed. This policy hasn't failed me yet.
                    Last edited by Trooper4985; 07-24-2009, 12:00 PM.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                      Don't mean to sound like a cynic but I always look at thing worst case scenerio so I'm never disappointed. This policy hasn't failed me yet.
                      Thats my outlook also, I expect the worst so that in the end if something doesnt work out in my favor im not as disappointed.

My concern right now isnt really when the next class will go through its the damn polygraph, freaking losing sleep over the thing. Not because ive lied or have something to hide just because ive been waiting for this since i was 17 and now here it is. Ive been overly honest during this processing but it would be just my luck to fail that thing. Basically if I fail im done if i pass I go on, I think thats what is freaking me out the most.

Comment

• Great. I picked an assume time to be a cop.. well hopefully this academy will open up with in the next 2 and half years so I don't have to take this exam again
                        Last edited by acap; 07-24-2009, 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
                          Thats my outlook also, I expect the worst so that in the end if something doesnt work out in my favor im not as disappointed.

My concern right now isnt really when the next class will go through its the damn polygraph, freaking losing sleep over the thing. Not because ive lied or have something to hide just because ive been waiting for this since i was 17 and now here it is. Ive been overly honest during this processing but it would be just my luck to fail that thing. Basically if I fail im done if i pass I go on, I think thats what is freaking me out the most.
                          Don't sweat the polygraph (although you may sweat while taking it) if you are going to be completely honest, you should be fine. As far as the next academy class, def sounds grim from what everyone is saying... but just gives everyone more time to get in better shape and maybe win the lotto

Comment

• This doesnt make a whole lot of since, why spend the money and hold another proccesing weekend in march and conduct backrounds on new canidates and not have an academy? I know the economy is not great but they knew that in march before they processed as well.... Sorry just grumbling I had to defer (college ended dec 4th) from the last academy, backround updated in april and praying for a fall academy.

Comment

Great. I picked an assume time to be a cop..
                              i recognize all these words....but this makes no sense to me

Comment

• I ment to say I picked an awsome time to try and become a cop. I was being sarcastic. When itried to edit assume with awsome it wouldn't let me fix it. But I ment awsome not "assume"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7464 users online. 370 members and 7094 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X