300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmoney718 View Post
    Hope4, that's definetly good news that you got the initial call. Just out of curiousity about what rank # are you around? I'm trying to gauge when they're going to reach the low 3000's.
    My current rank is 921.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      And never be ashamed of what you may have done with your dog and a jar of peanut butter......after all it is your dog
      yea its not wrong if its your dog :P

Comment

• Confused...

Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
        My current rank is 921.
        That's what I dont understand. The nytrooper website says they reached rank # 2303 in the candidate processing held in Albany on March 28, 2009.

But yet you're saying you just got your initail call, and your rank is 921... How does this work, I'm confused???

Going buy the website I was guestimating that the next processing would be about 6 months after the March 28, which would be sometime in Sept. Based on what I thought was a normal class size I would say they'll be processing 1,000 to 1,500 in the next processing (100 to 150 people [10 to 1]). So that being said I'm here thinking... sh*t I may be starting my processing this Fall. Is that safe to say based off these facts???

Hope4's 921 just threw a monkey wrench into my equation..

Comment

That's what I dont understand. The nytrooper website says they reached rank # 2303 in the candidate processing held in Albany on March 28, 2009.

But yet you're saying you just got your initail call, and your rank is 921... How does this work, I'm confused???

Going buy the website I was guestimating that the next processing would be about 6 months after the March 28, which would be sometime in Sept. Based on what I thought was a normal class size I would say they'll be processing 1,000 to 1,500 in the next processing (100 to 150 people [10 to 1]). So that being said I'm here thinking... sh*t I may be starting my processing this Fall. Is that safe to say based off these facts???

He got a call for the background investigation, not a call to go to processing. He has already processed.

Don't assume anything about the next processing, or the next class, you will drive yourself crazy. Hope4 is ranked in the 900's and has talked to a BI. I am ranked in the 600's and I know others that are also, and we haven't talked to a BI yet.

the only thing you can get out of all that info is that, when they need another class and it is approved, they will process more people. Who knows what number it will be and when. It will happen sometime between now and 2012, at which point they will give another test.
          Last edited by thefirm5; 07-21-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Considering they had to process more people in march that tells me #1 they have money for another academy and #2. That everyone who was left over from the first processing passed and completed everything has a spot in the next academy or else why would they need to process more candidates. However I could be totally wrong. They could just be processing more people to keep the hiring unit in albany employed. I just hope I'm in the next academy I want to put that uniform on. I'm. sure that goes for everyone here

Comment

• gmoney,

Yeah the contact that im referring to is the inital by the BI. I was originally contacted to do the processing in september but had to defer because I had a foot injury that would have prevented me from being able to run. I was then contacted again to do the processing in march which I went to and successfully passed.

The fact that i deferred ranked me higher then alot of people that were at the processing in march because I should have gone through in september. If they process every 6 months the next wave would probally get the invite in aug or sept.

Hopefully that gets the monkey wrench out of your equation
              Last edited by Hope4Badge50; 07-21-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                Don't assume anything about the next processing, or the next class, you will drive yourself crazy... It will happen sometime between now and 2012, at which point they will give another test.

I know, but we've got to do something while we wait! Talk of next processing keeps our heads above water in this economy (to some extent anyway!).

Comment

Im out of the last class I took the same test you guys did and i was ranked 180... whats really throwing a wrench in your equation is that only 45 of the 197th were from the new list the other 45 were from the old list. also there are a quite a few guys that i processed with that are just waiting for the next acadmey. ranked in the low 200's - 300's ive talked with a bunch of em and many of them have begun their follow up investigations with their BI's to update their files with any changes that might have occured over the last six months. Also my class graduated only 88 .. and started with 95.. the classes have been a smaller recently. Just stay patient.. and try not to drive yourselves crazy... good luck.. if you have anymore questions, ill do my best to give an answer to the best of my knowledge...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                    I know, but we've got to do something while we wait! Talk of next processing keeps our heads above water in this economy (to some extent anyway!).
                    Haha true. Speculation is a good time filler!

Comment

• Do you know what the highest rank in your class was ? I'm 566 and had my updated investigation already and just waiting. I hope they have a class before the end of the year

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                        Don't assume anything about the next processing, or the next class, you will drive yourself crazy. Hope4 is ranked in the 900's and has talked to a BI. I am ranked in the 600's and I know others that are also, and we haven't talked to a BI yet.
                        I think your situation sums it up perfectly. It's useless to try and assume when you may get called. You're in the 600's, but Hope4 is ranked in the 900s, processed 6 months after you in March, and has already got a contact from his BI. I also know a person who was in the 600s and received the DQ letter back in March (processed in September). The fact that you and others have heard nothing yet defies all logic, but that is just how the process goes. Despite this I still have some confidence there will be both a class and another processing before this year is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                          Despite this I still have some confidence there will be both a class and another processing before this year is over.
                          the last few weeks of my class they were talking - and just talking about having to update/change the cirriculum which would take a few months. i would agree with you though that they would try to push another class through before January.. I also THINK that if they did have above said class then it would primarily be filled with those who have already processed. and my roommate was the last backfill in our class and i believe he was ranked 326... but there were people i know who had to defer last class and ranked fairly low.. in the 200 -300's -

Comment

• One of the guys who was supposed to be permanently assigned to the academy on this next rotation has been sent back to zone and word is that the academy is shut down for more than just a couple of months.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• My best friends mom is a civilian employee of the state police. She works directly out of the academy. I will have my friend ask her for another source.

Comment

• One of my ATO's is coming back to the station next week.
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8987 users online. 395 members and 8592 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X