300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
    Obviously! Thank you, really took me by surprise. August 15th at Joe Bruno Stadium. Hopefully with all the adrenaline I'll get some more mph on my fastball and not my speedometer!
    Yeah, don't get pulled over on the way!

Comment

Got a call to try out for the Houston Astro's today
      Wow, that's great. Good luck and let us know how it turns out, will you?
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        Wow, that's great. Good luck and let us know how it turns out, will you?
        Thank you! Will do, I'm sure they are going to work my you know what off!

And firm I will try not to but after exit 24 on I90 and 787, the speed limit needs to be changed to 65!

Comment

Thank you! Will do, I'm sure they are going to work my you know what off!

And firm I will try not to but after exit 24 on I90 and 787, the speed limit needs to be changed to 65!
          Good luck man!

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
            Good luck man!
            Thank you sir!

Comment

• Finally...

Finally got contacted by the background investigator, and had my initial interview with him today. Only took about 3 months but whos counting. I have my polygraph on July 28th, anyone got any advice or what to expect. The obvious one is not to lie ... lol, anything else though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
                Finally got contacted by the background investigator, and had my initial interview with him today. Only took about 3 months but whos counting. I have my polygraph on July 28th, anyone got any advice or what to expect. The obvious one is not to lie ... lol, anything else though?
                Wear a suit. Consider it a job interview, and dress the part.
                You would be surprized what some slobs show up wearing.

Good luck
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Don't laugh or show embarassment when questioned about doing things you shouldn't with farm animals... professionalism at all times.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                    Don't laugh or show embarassment when questioned about doing things you shouldn't with farm animals... professionalism at all times.
                    and in addition get whatever he needs back to him asap... get your paperwork stuff all squared away.. help his job become alot easier by being organized... make sure to say " yes sir , no sir" etc.... and be early... like 1/2 an hour early with your shoes shined. also keep a clean house.. I met with my BI then right from the initial interview he followed me home to check out my house and interview my neighbors... and of course dont lie.. there is nothing that the state police disapproves more than integrity issues.

Comment

• He said the poly was going to take 2-4 hours to complete. Is that 2-4 hours of being wired up and asking quetions or is the poly on turned on for certain questions. Because a buddy of mine had a poly for a local police force and they asked him a bunch of questions but had the poly on for a select number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        And never be ashamed of what you may have done with your dog and a jar of peanut butter......after all it is your dog
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
                            lol - My FTO calls me his Highly Motivated Mini-me - im all about writing tickets and getting into cars/ making arrests and grabbing every poll i can.. But i really just want to learn. i wont mind a slower station after im on for a while but while i got someone else in the car with me all i wanna do is get into stuff...

what station do you work at now that you had 8 pending calls ... thats nuts..

If you are where I think you are and who I think you are, but my senses are foggy, then you are training in a busy enough station.

8 calls was the most that I (we - 2 shift) have ever had pending walking in the door. I have had 5 pending before working by myself but not as soon as I walked in the door. The problem is people call the station directly and if no one is there the call goes to Zone and they call the Trooper working letting them know about the pending call. Now since the 1 Trooper working is tied up then these calls wait for the 2 shift and we are dispatched from our county not Zone, so we then have the calls pending from County too because the deputies are usually tied up on transports at 7:00pm. To be honest if it was another Trooper working some of those calls would have been taken care of. Some can clear calls faster than others!

The following night there was only 2 calls pending and my partner took them because I had to make arrests and I was talking with the investigator figuring out are my suspects responsible for some open cases for the BCI. Within 20mins 2 larcenies and an harassment came in so I get further backed up!!! Not every night is like that but on the slow nights you are catching up and trying to close cases. I didn't write a ticket the past 3 nights and if it wasn't for DWIs I would barely write tickets.

I came from a station that was virtually dead; some guys would only get 1 CFS in an entire month. I made around a dozen Penal law arrests in 8 months there whereas I have made almost twice that so far this month and I was off the road on a detail in the beginning of the month. Funny thing is they have more people assigned for their patrol area than we do...

Just venting

Nick331: Good luck August 15th...

Comment

• Thank you Patriot!

Comment

He said the poly was going to take 2-4 hours to complete. Is that 2-4 hours of being wired up and asking quetions or is the poly on turned on for certain questions. Because a buddy of mine had a poly for a local police force and they asked him a bunch of questions but had the poly on for a select number.

Hope4, that's definetly good news that you got the initial call. Just out of curiousity about what rank # are you around? I'm trying to gauge when they're going to reach the low 3000's.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4445 users online. 196 members and 4249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X