Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when a civilian complains about a trooper? Are you given some type of punishment or reprimand? I imagine that gets old after a while.

On another note, I was reading that the NYSP is switch to a .45 glock instead of 9mm. How do most guys feel about it? I carry a 9mm berretta (M9) as my duty weapon, and cant stand it. I would love to carry a .45
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49
      On another note, I was reading that the NYSP is switch to a .45 glock instead of 9mm. How do most guys feel about it? I carry a 9mm berretta (M9) as my duty weapon, and cant stand it. I would love to carry a .45
      I'll go out on a limb and speak for the group. We are looking forward to it a great deal.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• A friend and I have both received calls from our respective Background Investigators about getting our packets updated. I've heard the various rumors about a class in the July time frame, early class overlapping the current class starting June possibly, as well as the possibility that no classes will be scheduled until the new Governor appoints a new Superintendent.

That being said. Does the fact that we are being re-reviewed now lend itself to the possibility of an early class? It seems a little early to start an background update with a prospective class of July/August.

Thoughts?

Comment

• It seems like about the same timeframe as I had. I certainly hope it starts early for you guys though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio
            A friend and I have both received calls from our respective Background Investigators about getting our packets updated. I've heard the various rumors about a class in the July time frame, early class overlapping the current class starting June possibly, as well as the possibility that no classes will be scheduled until the new Governor appoints a new Superintendent.

That being said. Does the fact that we are being re-reviewed now lend itself to the possibility of an early class? It seems a little early to start an background update with a prospective class of July/August.

Thoughts?

I have been hearing the same thing about a June/July class. I hope this means they will be calling me soon, but I don't see how they would process me in just 3-4 months. Has anyone been processed in this short of time frame?
            sigpic
            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Don't want to hurt your hopes for the next class but the current class was supposed to be about 3 times bigger than it ended up being, which means all those guys who didn't get in have processed and are awaiting the next class.

Comment

• Does anyone know if once you start your processing and the eligible list expires, does it mean you will no longer process? Or once you start processing, do they continue until you are finished regardless of the list date?
                sigpic

Comment

• Hi,
                  I have been reading the posts on this thread for a while and I finally registered for an account. I am also processing for the New York State Police. If you here anything new please let me know. I have been in contact with my BI and he said that there is a class most likely going in either July/August. If I hear anything else, I'll post it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                    Does anyone know if once you start your processing and the eligible list expires, does it mean you will no longer process? Or once you start processing, do they continue until you are finished regardless of the list date?
                    It's early (working nights right now) but if I'm understanding what you are asking, once the list you are on expires you must start over again with the new test. I assume what you are asking is that if you are 'on the bubble' for the last class off the list and you don't make it into that class, Division then says that the list is expired and is testing again to form a new list of candidates.

Using the current situation as an example, many more candidates were proscessed that offered appointments to the academy. If something happened that the 4 years or whatever the limit is for the list elapses before the next class is proscessed, everyone who is not in the academy right now would need to retest and start over from step one no matter if they have already been to albany for the final physical. BI's might just need updates instead of starting over but you would definately need to retest.

Originally posted by reils49
                    What happens when a civilian complains about a trooper? Are you given some type of punishment or reprimand? I imagine that gets old after a while.
                    An investigation is conducted and depending a lot of variables, you might end up standing tall on the carpet. I've been to the Major's office once or twice.

Originally posted by reils49
                    A day late and a dollar short.
                    Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-06-2007, 04:14 PM.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Has anyone heard of a class size yet for the summer 07 class?

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperCand
                        Has anyone heard of a class size yet for the summer 07 class?
                        I spoke with a recruiter a week or two ago and was told they are expecting another small class because of budget constraints. I wasn't given a specific number as to how small a class, but it seems that the trend for a small class is between 80-100 recruits. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Can anyone give me some info on the NYSP tatoo policy? I asked the recruiter and he hasnt got back to me yet. I have alot of tattoos, but none are visible in a short sleeve shirt or my PT uniform.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I sent you a PM.

SDT
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• In my processing the biggest concern was whether or not the tattoos on my arms were visible when wearing a short sleeved uniform shirt. On 2 separate occasions I was photographed wearing a uniform shirt by a Trooper.

Other than the visibility, I believe there would be concern if you had any tattoos which would be considered racist or offensive by some standard. I remember a question about that on the 'Body Art' form we had to fill out during the processing weekend.

Comment

• Mleggio, how long ago did you start your processing (PAT weekend)? How far did you get into the processing and did they call you for further processing? I'm just curious because I have spoke with quite a few guys that say they went through all of the processing and were never called back for the academy etc.

Thanx,
                                Bob
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7218 users online. 370 members and 6848 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X