Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post

Originally posted by Holltim4103
    The last medical I was in and out pretty quick. Go in and do a breathing apparatus/gas mask questionaire, then moved on to the weight and height measurements, situps and pushups, stripped down to underwear/met with the doctor and then a lieutenant gave a quick end of day debrief. I think I was there for about 3 hours.
    Last edited by Troophopeful; 01-13-2006, 07:20 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Yes

That was how the August one was conducted. (Saturday at the Academy)
      Last edited by Holltim4103; 12-20-2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Don

Comment

I heard the same thing as well from a friend. This is probably one of the reasons why: http://www.rnews.com/story_2004.cfm?...pe=18&id=33133

I can't wait for the academy!

Comment

Gratton,

Makes 2 of us.

Comment

This is wonderful news I hope I see you guys up there in April have all of you guys taken your polygraphs yet.

Comment

The article, and a longer on in the NY Post, doesn't make it clear, but it seems like the Gov. is talking about 100 new positions, in addition to normal hiring, since they will be Investigator positions.

http://officer.com/article/article.j...ion=1&id=27640

Good news indeed, for any one on the current list.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by RGratton
                  I heard the same thing as well from a friend. This is probably one of the reasons why: http://www.rnews.com/story_2004.cfm?...pe=18&id=33133

I can't wait for the academy!
                  "The New York State Police is to hire 100 new State Troopers". Does anyone know what this actually means? I read different articles saying different things. Some say 100 new Investigators, some say 100 new Troopers. If it is new Troopers, is that in addition to the anticipated size of the spring academy?

Comment

Originally posted by mike the marine
                    "The New York State Police is to hire 100 new State Troopers". Does anyone know what this actually means? I read different articles saying different things. Some say 100 new Investigators, some say 100 new Troopers. If it is new Troopers, is that in addition to the anticipated size of the spring academy?
                    It means that 100 new positions are authorized. They will be Investigator positions. They will hire 100 new Troopers to replace the 100 Troopers who will get promoted to Invesitgator.

Overall, the size of the Division will be 100 larger, which makes them hire 100 additional people. But the number of Troops in uniform will not go up.

Clear?
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Randall29 - Will you have to come up to participate in the final medical before the academy? Or did they accommodate you when you came up last time to save you the trip?

Comment

I have not taking my medical yet does anyone have a timeline when we will be called up for hour medical exams.

Comment

From looking at how things have been done in the past, timeline (my opinion here) should play out something like this.

1. Med invites should start arriving in mid January
                          2. The medical should be taking place either mid to late February (med invites usually arrive 3-6 weeks prior to the actual medical).

Originally posted by RANDALL29
                          I have not taking my medical yet does anyone have a timeline when we will be called up for hour medical exams.

Comment

Originally posted by Troophopeful
                            From looking at how things have been done in the past, timeline (my opinion here) should play out something like this.

1. Med invites should start arriving in mid January
                            2. The medical should be taking place either mid to late February (med invites usually arrive 3-6 weeks prior to the actual medical).
                            Thanks for your answer have you taking your poly yet

Comment

Yeah, took poly a while ago. I know you had your poly in Nov

Originally posted by RANDALL29
                              Thanks for your answer have you taking your poly yet
                              Last edited by Troophopeful; 12-24-2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Merry Christmas

I know this is kind of late, but I wish everyone Merry Christmas and a happy new year and I also wish that everyone's wish of getting into the spring academy comes true for all who are still alive in this post from the bottom of my heart to all

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9786 users online. 422 members and 9364 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X