• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    dutchessNY89
    Forum Member

• dutchessNY89
    commented on 's reply
    A quick turn around is the least they can do. Getting tired of covering other areas because the lack of bodies. It’s 100 % April.
  • Del C
    Forum Member

• Del C
    commented on 's reply
    Good luck. I’ll take it probably by end of Feb or March.
  • Shakados
    Forum Member

• Shakados
    replied
    Taking the new 2022 test tomorrow. Heard from a few guys that it isn't too bad

Leave a comment:

• 845Trooper
    Forum Member

• 845Trooper
    commented on 's reply
    April has always been said throughout this whole process . The medical will most likely be in March .
  • jaguarshark
    Forum Member

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    Schedule a graduation? Instructor time off??? What are you going on about?

It's April 3rd. Huge class.
  • JustHopeful
    Forum Member

• JustHopeful
    replied
    are you sure? 27 weeks from the current class starting ( I think it was September 13th) means it ends the week of March 21st 2022.
    that means another class starts 13 days after the other class ends? That leaves no time for them to schedule a graduation day and give instructors time off. I would love the date to be as soon as possible, I just expected them to give a larger gap between the classes. Thank you for the information!!! Excited

Originally posted by redzone View Post
    April 3rd, it's a go. 100% confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• redzone
    Forum Member

• redzone
    commented on 's reply
    April 3rd, it's a go. 100% confirmed.
    redzone
    Forum Member
    Last edited by redzone; 01-13-2022, 10:53 PM.
  • dutchessNY89
    Forum Member

• dutchessNY89
    commented on 's reply
    You don’t put it out over the radio. Maybe I wasn’t clear on that part. You’re out on your computer when the reg is ran. Everyone in Troop sees you’re out with what vehicle at what mile marker. Glad to see you’re so paranoid that you think every stop you’re going to get killed. Hope you don’t have a heart attack year 19 right before retirement living like that.

Now I can’t speak for the rest of Division because in my troop we use a different computer system then the rest of the state. So I’m not sure how they use the other software and it’s up to their discretion with T stops.

That aside, want to know WHAT is more stupid than not calling out stops over the air every 2 seconds during a 12 hour tour? Working for CHP and commenting on a NYSP forum when you are unfamiliar with any practices by Division.

Also, On the road which I work I’m more concerned about being hit by another motorist more so than the people I am stopping.

Cheers!
    dutchessNY89
    Forum Member
    Last edited by dutchessNY89; 01-12-2022, 02:56 PM.
  • CCCSD
    Shadowman

• CCCSD
    replied
    Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
    JustHopeful
    Forum Member
    JustHopeful State police does everything differently. Alpha, Bravo isn't used. Instead it’s Adam, Boy, Charles, David, Edward etc. You don’t say things like 10-4. Radio chatter is bare minimum. At least where I work, no traffic stops are called out. Getting used to target practice isn’t bad. But again you can’t really prepare for the range with the stresses of the red shirts behind you. Penal law and constitutional law stuff is a maybe. But if you don’t have context about say arson 3rd and you read it, are you really going to know how it applies in a criminal context?

Best advice is to be physically and mentally prepared. Everything else just learn there.
    You don’t put out car stops. So when you get shot, your SOL. Stupid. Really Epically STUPID.

Leave a comment:

• nyblue0613
    Forum Member

• nyblue0613
    replied
    Is there for sure going to be an academy in april? Budget approved? Covid? When will we know?

Leave a comment:

• jaguarshark
    Forum Member

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    Just be in tip top shape. All of the other things you listed the Academy is going to want to teach you. Any time you spend studying would be better spent doing cardio.
  • lunatico86
    State cop

• lunatico86
    commented on 's reply
    I never went to the NYSP Academy, but I completed a 33 week Police Academy led by 7 Marine DIs. Best advice is to get there in the best shape you can be, and to run. a lot. Everything else you'll be taught, but if you cannot withstand PT you won't have the mind for everything else.
  • dutchessNY89
    Forum Member

• dutchessNY89
    replied
    JustHopeful
    Forum Member
    JustHopeful State police does everything differently. Alpha, Bravo isn't used. Instead it’s Adam, Boy, Charles, David, Edward etc. You don’t say things like 10-4. Radio chatter is bare minimum. At least where I work, no traffic stops are called out. Getting used to target practice isn’t bad. But again you can’t really prepare for the range with the stresses of the red shirts behind you. Penal law and constitutional law stuff is a maybe. But if you don’t have context about say arson 3rd and you read it, are you really going to know how it applies in a criminal context?

Best advice is to be physically and mentally prepared. Everything else just learn there.
    dutchessNY89
    Forum Member
    Last edited by dutchessNY89; 01-11-2022, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JustHopeful
    Forum Member

• JustHopeful
    replied
    Anyone have any suggestions what I could do before the academy starts to be better prepared? Should I buy the constitution and penal code books to study? Maybe study the police alphabet “alpha,Bravo…”. Should I shoot at the range a little? Any of these helpful or would it just be no different than if I jump in in April/May without preparation (other than being physically fit of course) thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nycnyspolice
    Forum Member

• nycnyspolice
    commented on 's reply
    The medical itself is a month before academy start date, but the letters are usually sent a month before the medical date. Hopeful first or second week of Feb as well. Praying Covid does not effect this again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5331 users online. 297 members and 5034 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X