Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has probably been asked and answered, but this thread is getting too big.

About how many people completed processing and didn't get called for this last class? Presumably a bunch of those folks will be towards the front of the line for the next class.

Comment

• Hey this is B Beck I have been reading this site for about a year now and it has been very helpful. I want to congratulate all the new troopers. Be safe and enjoy the best career out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
        This has probably been asked and answered, but this thread is getting too big.

About how many people completed processing and didn't get called for this last class? Presumably a bunch of those folks will be towards the front of the line for the next class.
        I have been through the whole proccess. I remember back in september at the initial processing I heard some troopers in albany talking About how they invited about 1000 people to process and how suprising it was that only around 500 showed up and from the looks of it about 300 made it to the next day and in november during the medical they put in an academy of 88 and on top of that you have all the people who might have failed their poly ,investigation and or psych. So that's my break down of it. So who ever is in the same boat as me ( processed but still waiting). I'm sure we have a good chance of being in the next class

Comment

• Originally posted by NMSPJustice
          Hola!
          I tried to read as many pages as I could before replying... I hope I dont ask something thats posted but I missed...

My hubs is a officer of 9 years in another state. We are looking to relocate to NY (my home state). He was told by a NYSP recruiter that the next test, etc wont be until 2010 - which is past his 35 bday. BUT there is a propsed change in front of the legislature to chg the age to 40...
          Any who...
          Is there another agency that you can recommend that he can try to get on with just to get us into NY and pray they pass the age change? He really only wants to work for NYSP.

We are a family of 6 (no cable - heehee) so salary or at least OT potential is an issue.

He's a highly decorated officer/detective/SWAT here... with many certs...

TIA!
          i'm pretty sure NYPD gives a test almost monthly....their starting pay recently went up so it might not be a bad idea to head there

Comment

• Originally posted by NMSPJustice
            He was told by a NYSP recruiter that the next test, etc wont be until 2010 - which is past his 35 bday.
            You might want to have him check on that again. The last test was in 2008 and from what I understand that test is good for 4 years, meaning the next one is 2012. And at the rate they are pulling people off that 2008 list, I'm not sure they'll have any need at all to do a test again in 2010 (or 2012 for that matter).

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
              . im liking it except PP is slllloooooowww...
              Slow is good for learning. busy can drives you insane

I go to work Sunday night with 8 call pending. The 1 shift was by himself arresting a family after being called to a domestic and ending up getting jumped by a few ot them and their pitbull but the nearest back up was an interstate guy 30+ miles away.

If you want a busy station get used to getting off the 2 shift at 8:00am without any OT and without eating anything since you left home at 6:00pm the previous night

Can't complain really because we only had 5 calls pending on Saturday...

All SP stations were not created equal

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                Slow is good for learning. busy can drives you insane

I go to work Sunday night with 8 call pending. The 1 shift was by himself arresting a family after being called to a domestic and ending up getting jumped by a few ot them and their pitbull but the nearest back up was an interstate guy 30+ miles away.

If you want a busy station get used to getting off the 2 shift at 8:00am without any OT and without eating anything since you left home at 6:00pm the previous night

Can't complain really because we only had 5 calls pending on Saturday...

All SP stations were not created equal

lol - My FTO calls me his Highly Motivated Mini-me - im all about writing tickets and getting into cars/ making arrests and grabbing every poll i can.. But i really just want to learn. i wont mind a slower station after im on for a while but while i got someone else in the car with me all i wanna do is get into stuff...

what station do you work at now that you had 8 pending calls ... thats nuts..

Comment

• Originally posted by acap View Post
                  I have been through the whole proccess. I remember back in september at the initial processing I heard some troopers in albany talking About how they invited about 1000 people to process and how suprising it was that only around 500 showed up and from the looks of it about 300 made it to the next day and in november during the medical they put in an academy of 88 and on top of that you have all the people who might have failed their poly ,investigation and or psych. So that's my break down of it. So who ever is in the same boat as me ( processed but still waiting). I'm sure we have a good chance of being in the next class
                  Let's hope so.. I'm in the same boat as you acap... playing the waiting game..

Comment

• There are still quite a few of us playing the waiting game. But since we have been through all of the steps and they are now processing additional people I would think we are in the next academy. Also I got a letter saying that my rank number has been reached and to be prepared for the fall academy. Did you guys get the same letter around the time of your background update?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiemer32 View Post
                      There are still quite a few of us playing the waiting game. But since we have been through all of the steps and they are now processing additional people I would think we are in the next academy. Also I got a letter saying that my rank number has been reached and to be prepared for the fall academy. Did you guys get the same letter around the time of your background update?
                      Yes around march I got a letter saying my investigator will contact me in the near future for an updated interview ( which took place in may ) and a medical update will be sent to me by mail . I'm guessing I have to take another medical . And it also said be prepared for a fall 2009 academy

Comment

• Got a call to try out for the Houston Astro's today

Comment

• Originally posted by acap View Post
                          Yes around march I got a letter saying my investigator will contact me in the near future for an updated interview ( which took place in may ) and a medical update will be sent to me by mail .
                          I'm guessing I have to take another medical . And it also said be prepared for a fall 2009 academy
                          So for all those who are worried about whether or not they will be in the next academy who received that letter should definitely just stay in shape and be mentally ready. That was a very exciting letter to get. I am not worried when it will happen but I am ready for it and working on being 100 percent prepared for the day I get the medical invite once again. Because we all know what happens within 30 days after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                            Sounds like a good gig to pass the time until you can test for us. Obviously nobody plays MLB when they can work for the NYSP.

Good Luck.
                            Obviously! Thank you, really took me by surprise. August 15th at Joe Bruno Stadium. Hopefully with all the adrenaline I'll get some more mph on my fastball and not my speedometer!

Comment

• Academy

My recruiter said a while back, "if there is no class in July it will be October as there are no classes starting in August or September...." Well as we all know....no July class. So we will see.
                              sigpic
                              SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
                                lol - My FTO calls me his Highly Motivated Mini-me - im all about writing tickets and getting into cars/ making arrests and grabbing every poll i can.. But i really just want to learn. i wont mind a slower station after im on for a while but while i got someone else in the car with me all i wanna do is get into stuff...

what station do you work at now that you had 8 pending calls ... thats nuts..
                                I just like living here, its Mayberry. Working here....not so much I dont mind the station Im at now, except for the commute.
                                Last edited by reils49; 07-17-2009, 02:12 AM.
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11421 users online. 470 members and 10951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X