300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
    Point/Insurance Reduction Program is now being offered online in New York State: http://www.nysdmv.com/pirp.htm

The cheapest site looks like this one at $39.00: http://www.newyorksafetycouncil.com/
    Good resource GrayState. I don't have points but the reduction would be nice.
    Thanks!

Comment

• That course and more should be required for everyone driving in my locale. Drivers between NYC and Albany are just plain ole crazy compared to the rest of the state. I feel like I am going to have a tailgater ram me off the road everyday I drive to work. And now summer, with all the "awesome drivers from my age group" on the road. If Troopers in Troop K ever want to know where to pick up an insane amount of traffic violations, just ask me. Not even speeding, but downright reckless, aggressive driving behavior. Sorry to get on my soapbox.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
        Well whats with the combat wings and the SGT? Did you skip out on the DI or Recruiter school?
        The Combat Wings are from my time in Iraq. The Sergeant stripes were a gift (god only knows I didnt deserve them). I bailed out on Uncle Sam 4 months before he could make me a recruiter, and thankfully I never had the desire to be a DI or I'd probably still be wearing green to work instead of gray.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
          If Troopers in Troop K ever want to know where to pick up an insane amount of traffic violations, just ask me.
          Consider yourself asked.

Comment

• M.D. Reilly - that you ? if it is this is the kid who stood in fromt of you everyday at 5:35 am for pt in the am.. hows FTO .. im liking it except PP is slllloooooowww...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1192Hunter View Post
              M.D. Reilly - that you ? if it is this is the kid who stood in fromt of you everyday at 5:35 am for pt in the am.. hows FTO .. im liking it except PP is slllloooooowww...
              PP is slow, thats the way us local woodchucks like it. You got my #, gimme a call sometime.

By the way, catchy s/n. U hunting any drunks in town? Most of them are probably my in-laws Lock em up!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                By the way, catchy s/n. U hunting any drunks in town? Most of them are probably my in-laws Lock em up!!!
                I'm hoping your wife doesn't monitor this website.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                  I'm hoping your wife doesn't monitor this website.
                  That makes 2 of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    PP is slow, thats the way us local woodchucks like it. You got my #, gimme a call sometime.

nah ive gotten 3 in 2 weeks over in New Lebanon though... no penal law arrests yet.. but lots of VTL.. ill be back in pp starting the 23rd working flex 11's - shoot me an email w/ your number i seem to have lost it. if you got mine still give a call.. ive been lifting w/ b. beck i think he should be golden for the 198th... if and when they have one..

Comment

• First time posting. Just quick question. I have been through the whole hiring process even the updated Investigation in may .. is there a hold or somthing on state police or should an acacademy be going in later this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by acap View Post
                        First time posting. Just quick question. I have been through the whole hiring process even the updated Investigation in may .. is there a hold or somthing on state police or should an acacademy be going in later this year?
                        not really sure - there are lots of rumors buzzing around. Just know that when you go for your medical, if they are going to have an academy it will be within 30 days of that.

Best of luck -

Comment

• Ok thanks. Yea I took the medical in november but I guess I was just extra so hopfully I'll get in the next class

Comment

Ok thanks. Yea I took the medical in november but I guess I was just extra so hopfully I'll get in the next class
                            I took that medical in November as well (my rank is in the 500's ) and have just been waiting.. But just an FYI to all those who are in the same boat... I heard from a good source today that they have postponed the next academy class for an undetermined amount of time due to budget issues... I know its not good news... but wanted to share the info with you guys as I have gained a lot of info through this site as well...

Comment

• Yea I'm in the 500's also. So I guess when you hear somthing I'll hear somthing..just got to wait now. Do you think we'll have to take another medical?

Comment

Yea I'm in the 500's also. So I guess when you hear somthing I'll hear somthing..just got to wait now. Do you think we'll have to take another medical?
                                I'd like to add that...even the people in the "know" really aren't in the know at this point. The old virtue of patience is all that'll help get through the speculation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12213 users online. 456 members and 11757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X