Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
    I processed in September, went to my Psych interview, and have been waiting ever since. I have contacted my recruiter as well as member hiring. They have told me they are reviewing everyones packet and when they are complete they will contact me. So you haven't had communication since April, don't feel bad, I haven't had any since like November, and I know they are others on this board that are in the same boat as I am so I am sure there are plenty from the March processing. Read back over the past 15 pages or so and you will see plenty of discussion about this.

    Everything I have heard is, If I haven't received a decline so far, I probably won't now. So you may be in the same situation.
    Actually just look back 4 pages. We discussed this on June 16th and I think you were part of the conversation. You will learn patience will be your best friend for a while, or you will go crazy.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
      Actually just look back 4 pages. We discussed this on June 16th and I think you were part of the conversation. You will learn patience will be your best friend for a while, or you will go crazy.
      Yeah I know Ive been part of the discussion, it just gets frustrating when I go to family functions and everybody is asking me whats going on, and thats what happen on friday and sunday so I got nervous all over again.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
        Yeah I know Ive been part of the discussion, it just gets frustrating when I go to family functions and everybody is asking me whats going on, and thats what happen on friday and sunday so I got nervous all over again.
        Get used to it. I have been answering those questions since I took the test and it only got worse after the processing. You just need to be patient and let everything take its course. Worrying about it isn't going to change anything, it is all out of your hands right now so don't make it harder on yourself.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
          My recruiter has told me Im not disqualified but I keep thinking how much are they really allowed to disclose.

          Any advice?
          Didn't I discuss this with you too, just last week?

          As I stated before, when people are DQ'd, they are notified.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

          Comment


          • I currently work in a restaurant and answer "those questions" two or three times a week to my regular customers. Then I answer to my family and my girlfriend's family. There's got to be hundreds of us waiting for news and updates. Some of us are 8 months deep with no update be thankful you're only 2 or 3. Some people will be waiting four years and won't make it as far as we have.

            So we know how you feel man and it sucks for all of us but hey i'd rather be protected by and working with the best possible candidate than have them rush through and say "eh these guys work."
            NYSP
            2008 Exam Score - 97.64
            Rank- 6xx

            Comment


            • Saw a slicktop charger today for the first time ever. Sucks it was right behind me with the lights on

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                Saw a slicktop charger today for the first time ever. Sucks it was right behind me with the lights on
                I know it's impolite to laugh at somene else's misfortune. But they way you phrased that, I had to chuckle.

                At least I won't put up a smiley face.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                  Saw a slicktop charger today for the first time ever. Sucks it was right behind me with the lights on
                  Have a little bit of a lead foot do we? Didn't you get pulled over after visiting the academy?

                  Comment


                  • Well there was a slight update on the trooper employment site:

                    http://www.nytrooper.com/hiring_status.cfm

                    At least this will end the speculation of what number they got to in the last processing. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come, i.e. a fall class.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      I know it's impolite to laugh at somene else's misfortune. But they way you phrased that, I had to chuckle.

                      At least I won't put up a smiley face.
                      Haha, well atleast someone got a laugh. No ticket though

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                        Have a little bit of a lead foot do we? Didn't you get pulled over after visiting the academy?
                        Yes, only been pulled over twice though. Last night and back then.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                          Well there was a slight update on the trooper employment site:

                          http://www.nytrooper.com/hiring_status.cfm

                          At least this will end the speculation of what number they got to in the last processing. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come, i.e. a fall class.
                          I like how they say it like a class just went in:
                          As in the past, we processed more applicants than we were able to appoint. This was done to ensure that we could accommodate last minute class changes, such as candidates who decided not to attend the academy or any budgetary issues that arose which affected class size.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                            I like how they say it like a class just went in:
                            As in the past, we processed more applicants than we were able to appoint. This was done to ensure that we could accommodate last minute class changes, such as candidates who decided not to attend the academy or any budgetary issues that arose which affected class size.
                            That is the same thing I was told when there was no website for the candidates to check. Should you ever become a Division employee... you will find wording and policies that are from when Corprals rode horses.
                            sigpic

                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Trooper4985's official theme song

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              That is the same thing I was told when there was no website for the candidates to check. Should you ever become a Division employee... you will find wording and policies that are from when Corprals rode horses.
                              Fun! I can't wait!

                              Comment


                              • Email from the PBA President...

                                He has done a pretty solid job!!! Tough job and hard to please everyone...

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8466 users online. 364 members and 8102 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X