Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
    That made me laugh, but at the same time is so very true. Any ideas?
    Umm, I was wondering er have been wondering the same thing. In recent news the Governor signed the pay bill, so maybe he'll give the go ahead for another class. I am gonna call my recruiter again tomorrow.
    sigpic
    SSgt US Marines 99-07

    Comment


    • Why not NY

      A friend of mine who served with me in the Marines recently went through processing to be an officer with the CHP. He processed last fall just like most of us. Here is the point to this post, California is on the verge of bankruptcy and he started his academy this month. So why not NY?
      sigpic
      SSgt US Marines 99-07

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
        A friend of mine who served with me in the Marines recently went through processing to be an officer with the CHP. He processed last fall just like most of us. Here is the point to this post, California is on the verge of bankruptcy and he started his academy this month. So why not NY?
        I think relis was checking out CHP at one stage too.

        Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
        Umm, I was wondering er have been wondering the same thing. In recent news the Governor signed the pay bill, so maybe he'll give the go ahead for another class. I am gonna call my recruiter again tomorrow.
        I am sure there are people on this site who will find out sooner than your recruiter... If you keep calling them you might be put on the secret squirrel sh$t list

        Shoot an email if anything!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
          I think relis was checking out CHP at one stage too.


          I made it to the last step with CHP, and got rejected... Needless to say, I'm happy to be where I'm at now

          GP, you have some memory.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            I made it to the last step with CHP, and got rejected... Needless to say, I'm happy to be where I'm at now

            GP, you have some memory.
            So you guys are going into week 2 of FTO.

            I had recruits from the 195th and 196th and it was fun times. Both were super smart and will be my boss in a few yrs so I had to be careful not to give them too much crap!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
              So you guys are going into week 2 of FTO.

              I had recruits from the 195th and 196th and it was fun times. Both were super smart and will be my boss in a few yrs so I had to be careful not to give them too much crap!
              Yeah, week 2, I'm excited. Working F-12's out of a busy station. I love it so far.

              Don't worry about me, I'm neither smart nor inclined to become a boss.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                Umm, I was wondering er have been wondering the same thing. In recent news the Governor signed the pay bill, so maybe he'll give the go ahead for another class. I am gonna call my recruiter again tomorrow.
                No more classes. Didn't you see the new state policy... we get paid more money now so we have to do more than we did before. The state is saying that the guys that are currently on the road can handle roughly a 20% work load increase so they are going to let our numbers drop by 20% before hiring any new recruits.
                sigpic

                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                Trooper4985's official theme song

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  No more classes. Didn't you see the new state policy... we get paid more money now so we have to do more than we did before. The state is saying that the guys that are currently on the road can handle roughly a 20% work load increase so they are going to let our numbers drop by 20% before hiring any new recruits.

                  I really hope a fall academy is still in the works I had to defer (college ended Dec 5th) for the last academy. Not looking forward to another 6-10 month wait.....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                    No more classes. Didn't you see the new state policy... we get paid more money now so we have to do more than we did before. The state is saying that the guys that are currently on the road can handle roughly a 20% work load increase so they are going to let our numbers drop by 20% before hiring any new recruits.
                    I really hope that is not the case, for more reasons than the simple fact it will delay me even more.

                    Comment


                    • Ive posted my concerns before but I think its the fact that I havent heard anything and people keep asking me whats up that keeps me up at night.

                      This current post is for people who have gone through the processing or current troopers.

                      I went through the processing in March and then took the psych in the end of April. I have yet to get any form of communication. Im ranked in the 900's and Ive talk to people who are ranked in the 1000's and so on who have recieved a call and gone through the background information.

                      My question is what are the chances that I have been disqualified, because I just find it very odd that I havent heard anything yet people rank below me have gone through further processing. I realize the processing is long and stressfull but it doesnt make any sense that I havent heard anything. My contact info is also up to date.

                      My recruiter has told me Im not disqualified but I keep thinking how much are they really allowed to disclose.

                      Any advice?
                      Last edited by Hope4Badge50; 06-22-2009, 07:23 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
                        Ive posted my concerns before but I think its the fact that I havent heard anything and people keep asking me whats up that keeps me up at night.

                        This current post is for people who have gone through the processing or current troopers.

                        I went through the processing in March and then took the psych in the end of April. I have yet to get any form of communication. Im ranked in the 900's and Ive talk to people who are ranked in the 1000's and so on who have recieved a call and gone through the background information.

                        My question is what are the chances that I have been disqualified, because I just find it very odd that I havent heard anything yet people rank below me have gone through further processing. I realize the processing is long and stressfull but it doesnt make any sense that I havent heard anything. My contact info is also up to date.

                        My recruiter has told me Im not disqualified but I keep thinking how much are they really allowed to disclose.

                        Any advice?
                        It wouldn't hurt to call the member hiring unit and see if they are missing anything for your package. Alot of people in my rank group were getting letters for the BI update and I had heard nothing. I called Albany and they needed a copy of one of my transcripts. As soon as they got it, I got my update letter.
                        sigpic
                        SSgt US Marines 99-07

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                          It wouldn't hurt to call the member hiring unit and see if they are missing anything for your package. Alot of people in my rank group were getting letters for the BI update and I had heard nothing. I called Albany and they needed a copy of one of my transcripts. As soon as they got it, I got my update letter.
                          Do you happen to have the number or where I could get it because Ive got several but I want the right one.

                          Comment


                          • I wouldnt worry about it to much, I processed last fall and had to defer. I was not contacted again untill April for a backround update, and have not been contacted again. I ranked 45 and had many canidates that processed ahead of me, you may just be waiting for your BI to get to you.

                            Comment


                            • ..........
                              Last edited by NNYSquad; 07-13-2009, 10:16 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
                                Ive posted my concerns before but I think its the fact that I havent heard anything and people keep asking me whats up that keeps me up at night.

                                This current post is for people who have gone through the processing or current troopers.

                                I went through the processing in March and then took the psych in the end of April. I have yet to get any form of communication. Im ranked in the 900's and Ive talk to people who are ranked in the 1000's and so on who have recieved a call and gone through the background information.

                                My question is what are the chances that I have been disqualified, because I just find it very odd that I havent heard anything yet people rank below me have gone through further processing. I realize the processing is long and stressfull but it doesnt make any sense that I havent heard anything. My contact info is also up to date.

                                My recruiter has told me Im not disqualified but I keep thinking how much are they really allowed to disclose.

                                Any advice?
                                I processed in September, went to my Psych interview, and have been waiting ever since. I have contacted my recruiter as well as member hiring. They have told me they are reviewing everyones packet and when they are complete they will contact me. So you haven't had communication since April, don't feel bad, I haven't had any since like November, and I know they are others on this board that are in the same boat as I am so I am sure there are plenty from the March processing. Read back over the past 15 pages or so and you will see plenty of discussion about this.

                                Everything I have heard is, If I haven't received a decline so far, I probably won't now. So you may be in the same situation.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6689 users online. 356 members and 6333 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X