300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

I also have to say thanks, to all of the veteran troopers, the guys who just graduated and to all the other prospective troopers. It is nice to have a support group of people who know what it is like to be going through this. You can tell your friends, family, co-workers all about it, but they have no idea what its like to analyze every little crumb of information, even though we shouldn't. We just need to relax and let everything take its course.

All the information I have received on here has been great and very helpful.

That being said, I'm gonna go back to work now and analyze all the posts I have just read.
    Here's to the 198th

Comment

• Keep up the 'chat'

Without the kindness of the current NYSP willing to 'spend' their valuable off duty time to answer our questions and quell the doubts and fears there would be little value to this site.

Thank you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
        I also have to say thanks, to all of the veteran troopers, the guys who just graduated and to all the other prospective troopers. It is nice to have a support group of people who know what it is like to be going through this. You can tell your friends, family, co-workers all about it, but they have no idea what its like to analyze every little crumb of information, even though we shouldn't. We just need to relax and let everything take its course.

All the information I have received on here has been great and very helpful.

That being said, I'm gonna go back to work now and analyze all the posts I have just read.
        Here's to the 198th
        Agreed, thanks to all current troopers for their info, messages, encouragement, definately helps shed some light when it seems there isnt much going on.

Comment

• I attended both processing sessions last fall only to have to defer due to college. In late April my background was updated, my background investigator was unsure but did not think I would have to attend the upcoming medical again? Not sure if anyone in the same boat and has a concrete answer?

NYSP Exam, Jan. 19 = 104.46
          Rank 45

Comment

• I did not have to attend the last processing weekend in March, so I guess I'll wait and see if I have to redo the medical portion.

Comment

• Hey Illini, Patriot, GrayState, 4289, and other incumbents....
              ....you know what happens tonight at midnight?

That's right, the coach turns into a pumpkin.

You know what I mean, right?
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                Hey Illini, Patriot, GrayState, 4289, and other incumbents....

I know what you mean

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Processing

Originally posted by MPUSMC View Post
                    I did not have to attend the last processing weekend in March, so I guess I'll wait and see if I have to redo the medical portion.
                    Hey, I went through last fall as well in case you haven't seen some of my previous posts. I was told by my BI that I would have to do a medical update, already had the BI update. Just waitin to see if they start another class soon.
                    sigpic
                    SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

SDT,
                      I have a question about this...
                      Last edited by reils49; 06-19-2009, 04:46 PM.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• "You know what" just happened
                        Last edited by phoenix23; 06-19-2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Good news on the PBA website.

Comment

i certainly would not have known...had i not just checked my email......

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                              "You know what" just happened
                              GOV. DAVID PATERSON HAS SIGNED THE PAY BILL!

Congrats people we deserve this. When other agencies complain about what we earn they need to reevaluate and see it is not us being paid too much it is them being paid too little.

Two people from my class were involved in officer related shootings already and a third from my station has been in the same situation in recent times. We do put our lives on the line everyday with little or no appreciation. Those from the 197th will realize very quickly you are almost always wrong but you have to take the abuse with a smiling face, but not a condescending smiling face or you will be PC'ed, so a non threatening non condescending smile.

Hats off to the PBA for negotiating this contract and keeping us updated even though I know we were all bitching about them
                              Last edited by GrayPatriot; 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                                I totally agree with this statement. I understand when the general public complains after all that is what they do. They have no idea what we do day in and day out but I never understand other agencies. I have always felt that we don't get paid too much but that other agencies do not make what they deserve. I hope our state brother's in correction can finally get what they deserve as well. It would be nice to see their contract completed before the summer break.

Deleted post. Mistake.
                                Last edited by Driven; 06-20-2009, 09:12 PM.
                                "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8080 users online. 431 members and 7649 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X