Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    I still dont understand the tier systems.... but then again I'm special
    You are in Tier 2, which is good. It's not as good as Tier 1 was. And I'm not sure if there are any Tier 1 people around anymore, at least in our agency. I think they would have to have been hired prior to 1983 (going just from memory).

State emplyees of other agencies are in either Tier 3 or 4, which have less generous pension plans.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code21 View Post
      I know nobody knows for sure, but does anyone have an educated guess as to what number they may reach before the next testing cycle?
      Civil Service lists are good for 4 years or till they are exhausted. Based on the current economy and the impending political future.... I expect this list will die of old age before it is used up. Beyond that... You better hope that Rudy wins or that Andrew Cuomo is more cop-friendly than his father was.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      You are in Tier 2, which is good. It's not as good as Tier 1 was. And I'm not sure if there are any Tier 1 people around anymore, at least in our agency. I think they would have to have been hired prior to 1983 (going just from memory).
      I'd bet there are some dinosaurs left in Troop A or maybe even Troop B. I know when I finally get tired of crackheads and the interstate... I'm putting in for somewhere like SP Tupper Lake or SP Machias.
      Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-17-2009, 12:06 PM.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Anyone who lives or works in D3 please PM me... specificly guys who like the outdoors.
        Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-17-2009, 12:05 PM.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          I'm not sure if there are any Tier 1 people around anymore, at least in our agency. I think they would have to have been hired prior to 1983 (going just from memory).
          I checked with the Comptroller's website. To be in Tier 1, you had be be hired prior to July 1, 1973. That would give you 36 years on the job now.

I hope he's not still humping calls on the road.

Probably some crusty old zone sergeant eh?

Comment

• Do zone sergeants wear black uniforms?

Edit: Looked it up and found out the answer to my question is no. Reason I asked is because I once saw a Trooper (at least I figure it was because he was behind a desk at a Troop) wearing a black uniform once and couldn't figure that one out. Do some Troopers wear a black uniform or do some Troops house LEOs from different organizations?
            Last edited by VeeDubs86; 06-17-2009, 02:26 PM.
            Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                If I were to put money on it I would guess there won't be a processing before year end. Again none of us know anything near definite, however they did have a processing weekend in March, and there are guys left over from processing in September that haven't even started with BI, and none of us have been invited to an academy class as of yet.
                Wow, that is surprising, but I still have hope this can change if (and that's a big if) an academy class happen this fall. I can't imagine there is a large amount of people left over from last September, and I think it's been discussed here that the turnout from the March processing was fairly weak. But realistically, no one really knows. I'm just itching to get my number called.

Comment

• The K9 guy that I work with locally is always in black BDUs.

Though that doesn't throw me off nearly as much as watching a couple of MRT guys get out of a van wearing khaki pants and black polo shirts.
                  Last edited by hxd; 06-17-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                    Wow, that is surprising, but I still have hope this can change if (and that's a big if) an academy class happen this fall. I can't imagine there is a large amount of people left over from last September, and I think it's been discussed here that the turnout from the March processing was fairly weak. But realistically, no one really knows. I'm just itching to get my number called.
                    I am left over from last falls processing, I am in the 500's and I heard that when they called up candidates for the 197th they reached the 400's. So that being said, I have heard from my BI and recruiter that I should be in the next class.

I am sure that some of you Troopers that post hear reguarly are probably getting tired of us askin and talkin about when and if the next class will be. So many thanks to you for your help and patience with all us who desperately want to be one of you. Thanks.
                    sigpic
                    SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                      I am sure that some of you Troopers that post hear reguarly are probably getting tired of us askin and talkin about when and if the next class will be. So many thanks to you for your help and patience with all us who desperately want to be one of you. Thanks.
                      2nd. that!

Comment

• this IS in the employment section... you're guys's posts are more well placed then most of ours...if anything, its been hijacked by sworn members and turned into a chatroom.

good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                          I still dont understand the tier systems.... but then again I'm special
                          yes, yes you are. but then lots of us from 197 are

To all of the prospective recruits out there, just keep holding on, flying straight, AND DON'T QUIT WHATEVER JOB YOU HAVE!! I am living proof (along with other on the board) that it can take a few years to get through the system. I took my entrance exam in Feb '04. I finally got through processing to the academy in APRIL '08 only to have the class size cut at the last minute and get left out. And then 4 months later find out they are throwing another class together last minute and join the 197th in DECEMBER of 08. It is worth the wait, this is the best job out there!
                          Last edited by arls116; 06-17-2009, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• I have a "decent" in at the academy so I will let all of you know anything I hear as soon as I hear it.. I remember the waiting game and it's the WORST part!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                              You are welcome, but no, we are not tired of it. When that happens, we'll just stop posting.

Frankly, we all want all of you to get hired, as we need the manpower. While I enjoy the weather in summer, the amont of SA is overwhelming us.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                                If you are itching, imagine us guys who got processed really fast for the last academy and then everything came to a screeching halt because of the state. We have already got a taste of forward progress and now we have to wait. You guys have just waited.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5063 users online. 241 members and 4822 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X