300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
    Great positive outlook on when you will be in the Academy. Lets hope things progress that quickly for you. I got a 98 and am still waiting my turn.
    I hear that, I scored just under 97 and I havent heard a peep since the psych inerview. Hopefully I havent been dqed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
      I hear that, I scored just under 97 and I havent heard a peep since the psych inerview. Hopefully I havent been dqed.
      Those who have been DQ'd get notified of that, so I wouldn't worry about that.

97 is a very good score. What was your ranking? Have you moved? Keep the SP informed of the current contact information?

Contact your recruiter if you have questions.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
        Don't worry I and others on this board are in the same boat. We have not heard anything since the psych.

Comment

• Yeah Hope4 theres several of us in the same boat. If what SDT says is right [ which everything so far has been so no reason to doubt ] no news seems to be good news.

When you think about it it would be pretty logical that they'd make an evaluation pretty quickly after a psych interview. They wouldn't wait 8 months and then ask the doc what he thinks about you.

Thats too long to recall one interviewee far less hundreds. That's just my logic, I'm a candidate just like you so don't take my word as a guarantee.
          NYSP
          2008 Exam Score - 97.64
          Rank- 6xx

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
            Don't worry I and others on this board are in the same boat. We have not heard anything since the psych.
            I made it past the medical exam, my number wasn't reached for appointment this last class. Yeah like SDT said, if you were dq'd they would have told you by now.
            sigpic
            SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• What are you guys ranked on the exam list?

Comment

• Hey they might be holding out for the extension of the tier 2 retirement plan. You dont want to be hired as a temp tier 3 than put into tier 5. You are better off waiting, im a city cop at tier 2, and I wouldnt leave the city if everyone went to Tier 5, however if everyone went to Tier 2 again I would be jumping ship to the troopers quicker than you can say goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                  Great positive outlook on when you will be in the Academy. Lets hope things progress that quickly for you. I got a 98 and am still waiting my turn.
                  From what I've read, they've processed up to about 2300. I am currently ranked less than 3000, so based on the fact that they normally invite 1,000 candidates to process for a class size of 100, I should be called for the next round. Here's to hoping that processing weekend happens late 2009 or early 2010

P.S. Thanks to all of you that have served.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beatcop10 View Post
                    Hey they might be holding out for the extension of the tier 2 retirement plan. You dont want to be hired as a temp tier 3 than put into tier 5. You are better off waiting, im a city cop at tier 2, and I wouldnt leave the city if everyone went to Tier 5, however if everyone went to Tier 2 again I would be jumping ship to the troopers quicker than you can say goodbye.
                    This is creating a strange system (er, non-system) right now. Someone hired after July 1 has no tier to go into. The Tier 2 authorization expires, and Tier 5 does not yet exist. I don't know What tier they would be in.

Do you know of some reason that they would automatically go into Tier 3?

Comment

• I still dont understand the tier systems.... but then again I'm special
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        This is creating a strange system (er, non-system) right now. Someone hired after July 1 has no tier to go into. The Tier 2 authorization expires, and Tier 5 does not yet exist. I don't know What tier they would be in.

Do you know of some reason that they would automatically go into Tier 3?
                        As of right now Tier 5 does not exist, that is what the debate is. Bloomberg and Patterson both want to create a Tier 5. Normally Police and Fire fall under Tier 2 since 1981. Since Patterson vetoed the extension, everyone hired after July 1 is in Limbo. So they would fall into Tier 3 (considered temporoary) status until either A. The extension is passed or B. Tier 5 or some other Tier level is approved for Police and Fire unions. Which we all know Tier 5 is bad for everyone. So what im hoping is that the extension gets approved so that I can go to the best agency in the country... *cough *cough NYS Troopers *cough ...

and Thank you to the trooper who got me on the northern state Pkwy 2 days ago on my way home from work and than took 45mins of his time to tell me about being a trooper and the daily life of a trooper (not just in L troop). Being a cop I can honestly say you guys are the most professional and courteous law enforcement I have ever dealt with!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                          From what I've read, they've processed up to about 2300. I am currently ranked less than 3000, so based on the fact that they normally invite 1,000 candidates to process for a class size of 100, I should be called for the next round. Here's to hoping that processing weekend happens late 2009 or early 2010

Damn we're in the same boat. Definitely hoping for a late 2009 processing.

Comment

• I know nobody knows for sure, but does anyone have an educated guess as to what number they may reach before the next testing cycle?

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                              Damn we're in the same boat. Definitely hoping for a late 2009 processing.
                              If I were to put money on it I would guess there won't be a processing before year end. Again none of us know anything near definite, however they did have a processing weekend in March, and there are guys left over from processing in September that haven't even started with BI, and none of us have been invited to an academy class as of yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beatcop10 View Post
                                . So what im hoping is that the extension gets approved so that I can go to the best agency in the country... *cough *cough NYS Troopers *cough ...

Since you are established in Tier 2 now, you would continue to be in Tier 2, even if you changed to the Troopers after Tier 5 is created.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9592 users online. 367 members and 9225 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X