300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYIllini
    Probably not anytime soon. The Dems are going to fight and pout and I would count on a whole lot on nothing getting done between now and their summer break.
    But maybe, just maybe, some of the new gun control legislation that hit the Senate floor will get stalled for the summer. At least I'd be able to get one good summer of shooting in before things get ugly.

And hell, maybe they'll find a way to overturn the new AWB (Assault Water Bottle) law.

Comment

• Graduating class

Congrats to the 88 troopers that graduated today. Good luck in FTO.
      Last edited by Worthless1; 06-09-2009, 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• hello everyone! Long time no see

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
          hello everyone! Long time no see
          Welcome back and congratulations to you and all the 197th.

Advice I give to all the new guys:

Leave the egos at the door especially if you had prior LE experience. Nobody likes the guy who spouts off about how his dept did things better or more efficiently.

FTO is your first line supervisor so do as they say even if you have more LE experience than them, which is sometimes the case. Remember they have worn the gray longer than you...

Don't be a hero writing everyone and the mother once off FTO. Everyone makes a mistake and doesn't see a stop sign or speeds up every now and again.

Station duties: Don't leave you station looking like crap and clean up what you are supposed to clean up and the same thing goes for your car. When it snows makes sure you are shoveling the snow. Not like the one guy at my station who would be out writing tickets avoiding calls and watching the guy with 20+ yrs on clearing off the snow. Thankfully he is no longer working for our dept...

If you are sitting at the station and a call comes in you are taking it even if the other guy working there only has one class on you. You will gain a lot of respect if you are out there jumping calls and getting to know your patrol area not writing tickets like it is going out of fashion...

Done with my rant.

Welcome to the ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            Not like the one guy at my station who would be out writing tickets avoiding calls and watching the guy with 20+ yrs on clearing off the snow. Thankfully he is no longer working for our dept...
            for some reason i think i know who you're talking about.....did he leave because he couldn't go immediately from academy to BCI, and there not being enough 'action' for him?

Comment

• disregard.....
              Last edited by Dr. Peebody; 06-09-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Congrats to the newly anointed bearers of the Garb of Justice.. (AKA "The Bag")

Comment

• Congrats 197th!

Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                  Congrats to all the newly appointed Troopers!! Great Post Gray ! As recent grads, any advice or thoughts/good stories from the training would certainly be interesting to hear ! Good Luck during FTO !
                  Last edited by Yankees13; 06-09-2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Congrats guys! Welcome back.

Comment

ditto for me too

Comment

Hey Linux, none of my business, but if I were you I'd contact the moderators and get my name changed.

Congratulations, BTW.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                            reils49 it is okay you can post now. Congrats to all.
                            Checking in
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                              Congratulations everyone that just graduated! I see some photos are online: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...storyID=808612
                              I'm in picture 10....

What's up Reilly?

Comment

• Congrats, 197th! Good post, GrayPatriot. Stay safe all.
                                Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6702 users online. 352 members and 6350 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X