300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYIllini
    I'm not sure I understanding the change. Just about everybody in my class that did FTEP in B, F or K stayed there. Are you saying it is different becuase nobody is starting outside of B, F or K (with the small exception of those in C) and then transferring into those troops after FTEP? Basically you have to do FTEP and your first assignment in the same Troop from now on instead of FTEP in your home Troop and then transferring out only to work your way back? If so won't that be putting a huge burden on the FTOs of those three troops and the FTOs in Troops like Troop A that never get new recruits may never have a recruit again under that system.

The updates on the PBA site have seemed promising.

So a change was made to send all recruits to B,F & K from now on? Or will the FTEP assignments rotate through all the troops?

Comment

• IMHO, that's the way it should be... train at your first duty assignment... or at least the zone you are going to be working in. We all know that things are done diffrent ways across troops and zones. Plus... why spend FTO learning one patrol area then... just when you kinda have it down... move to another patrol area and a new way to do things.

I also think that only stations that meet certain activity requirements should have recruits. I trained at the old A411 and although my Senior man did a great job because he had just spent 9 years in F2... there is only so much you can do with a recruit at a slow paced station that very little happens at. I went from A411 to F321 for my first duty assignment and was behind the guys I graduated with that trained in F and even further behind the 2 guys I graduated with that trained at F321.

With that said... I'm a very happy "roadkill" guy and have no ambition to take a promotion test so I'm sure that my brain isn't capable of comprehending why things are done the way they are... I just do what I'm told (for the most part) and write a few tickets and arrest a few people once in a while
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          I've always been of the opinion that FTO's should get some extra money.

They used to... something we gave back to get more money. I would like to see that and sick leave pay come back.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

If so won't that be putting a huge burden on the FTOs of those three troops and the FTOs in Troops like Troop A that never get new recruits may never have a recruit again under that system.

This is very true.

Comment

. I think if you do FTEP in B and then spend one rotation there only to transfer to D for the rest of your career you would be better of training in D to begin with.

With that said I too am not capable of comprehending why things are done the way they are.
              There are Pros and Cons to both.

I went to a slow station in Troop B first and another guy I started with came from the interstate and never handled a real complainant. He had never completed an information or filled out a DIR. This guy is really smart and an excellent Trooper, but the beginning was really tough for him due to his FTO training location.

My last recruit's head didn't stop spinnig for both phases and now he is also in a slow station where he gets almost no calls. He will come back here and will be thrown right back into the deep end.

There is a method to their masdness I am sure

Comment

• Paybill update

Check the 2nd Vice President's page.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  Check the 2nd Vice President's page.
                  One more step

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                    Do you foresee this change taking place for subsequent classes? What would you say is the % of new troopers in FTO stayed in their same troop once completed?

Thanks
                    Yes I do. This is the new normal.

The percent has been low in the past, probably 30% or so (those that trainined in B, F, K). Now that everyone is training in their first permanent troop, the number will be 100%.

Keep in mind, that when we say "permanent" troop, we mean until the next round of transfers, which typically happens every six months.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      Yes I do. This is the new normal.

The percent has been low in the past, probably 30% or so (those that trainined in B, F, K). Now that everyone is training in their first permanent troop, the number will be 100%.

Keep in mind, that when we say "permanent" troop, we mean until the next round of transfers, which typically happens every six months.
                      Thanks SDT!

Comment

• On another note, the Governor has veto'd legislation that would keep future police officers (those hired after July 1, 2009) in Tier 2 of the retirement system. This is something that has to be done every two years, and in the past was considered almost automatic.

The Governor has also propsed creating a Tier 5 for new hires. It's unclear what that would look like.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• He knows he's not going to be re-elected so he's just trying to cause as much damage as possible... just like when he proposed that police officers be charged with murder if they shot and killed a perp.

On another note... Ford is really bringing back the 302 to replace the 281... Sounds like we are getting a 400 horse - 400 tq motor for our patrol cars.... I'm going to try to keep the mileage down on my '08 now so I can score a 2011 with a 302.

My source

Found it here first though.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

He knows he's not going to be re-elected so he's just trying to cause as much damage as possible... just like when he proposed that police officers be charged with murder if they shot and killed a perp.

On another note... Ford is really bringing back the 302 to replace the 281... Sounds like we are getting a 400 horse - 400 tq motor for our patrol cars.... I'm going to try to keep the mileage down on my '08 now so I can score a 2011 with a 302.

My source

Found it here first though.

thats good, hopefully it makes up for the extra 900lbs added to 09 troop cars...i was assigned to one before i was told they were holding a seat w/ my name on it behind a phone in communications.

Comment

He knows he's not going to be re-elected so he's just trying to cause as much damage as possible...
                              You hit the nail right on the head with that one. Just when I thought he couldn't do worse, he surprises me day after day. I just hope and pray his decisions don't continue to delay my chances at getting into the Troopers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                                This veto will be overturned.

The politicians don't want to p*S* off 2 powerful unions.
                                http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090609/...7KJgYx3Bl0fNdF

Looking a little better for the working man.
                                Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-09-2009, 03:02 AM.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8543 users online. 382 members and 8161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X