" Looks like you shined those shoes with a chocolate bar !"

...or with a brick.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• and it looks like you shaved with a hot rock

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
        " Looks like you shined those shoes with a chocolate bar !"
        Dirty boots are the sign of a guy who works... I have boots for when I have to goto Troop and I have the boots I wear every day on patrol. You can only get a cut up, scraped up piece of leather to look so nice.

Plus... putting wax on a leather boot does not allow it to breath as it is supposed to and is bad for your foot. The $200+ Matterhorn's I bought while stationed in Minot had a tag attached that said not to put polish on them... hence I had issued boots for guardmount and I had real boots for working.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• No recruit this time! All the new recruits will be heading to B, F, and K with about a dozen going to C. This will be the first class where the recruit will train with the FTO and stay in that Troop.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            No recruit this time! All the new recruits will be heading to B, F, and K with about a dozen going to C. This will be the first class where the recruit will train with the FTO and stay in that Troop.
            OUCH! I was hoping that this class would stop the bleeding but apparently not! Oh yeah... I forgot that Division adopted the military's motto... Do more with less! Oh well... only 10 more years of this before I spend every day fishing and brewing.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              OUCH! I was hoping that this class would stop the bleeding but apparently not! Oh yeah... I forgot that Division adopted the military's motto... Do more with less! Oh well... only 10 more years of this before I spend every day fishing and brewing.
              Ahhh the good life....

When is their official last day at the academy, the 29th?

Comment

No recruit this time! All the new recruits will be heading to B, F, and K with about a dozen going to C. This will be the first class where the recruit will train with the FTO and stay in that Troop.
                No getting home on their FTO?? I know a guy in right now who I think wants to be in D. He lives in the City of Oswego.

Comment

Did the last class already graduate? If not, does anyone know when are they scheduled for graduation?

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                    No getting home on their FTO?? I know a guy in right now who I think wants to be in D. He lives in the City of Oswego.
                    He is not going there then. I know a guy from D who is heading to B for FTO and his first assignement. Graduation is June 9th, but don't assume the next class will start soon after this date...

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                    Yeah, people are retiring and moving on towards Buffalo and our numbers are dwindling...

Comment

• [QUOTE=GrayPatriot;1822158]He is not going there then. I know a guy from D who is heading to B for FTO and his first assignement. Graduation is June 9th, but don't assume the next class will start soon after this date...

Yeah I know not to assume anything! I will start to assume, when I hear, xx/xx/xx is the starting date

Comment

• Like an idiot I didn't take the test last year, hopefully they will have another in a couple years I can take. Hopefully hiring will improve by then as well. You need a really good grade on this exam to get hired.
                        Trying to get on in NY...
                        PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                          ...or with a brick.
                          "Did you shine those boots with sandpaper?"
                          That has been my favorite

Comment

• Gigs

My favorite gig is when the Napoleonic complex DI stands under you and gigs you for having nose hair....as I mentally say, "only a short little sh**er like you could see up my nose"...

Never a great marcher with my long stride, as I led the platoon to lunch one day, "You march like you're behind a plow, get back in formation !"

My prep school was an honor military school assigned regular Army instructors for marching and military courses (could never figure out how to use a compass, and got lost frequently on cross country marches.). The football team would arrive early for fall double sessions and we had to learn to drill and the manuel of arms between practices. My first year a very senior E-9 was starting us off for our first close order drill session. Only problem was that nobody could understand what he was screaming at the top of his lungs ! Result, 50 guys going everywhere, doing anything.

Later in the year we had tactics in the field. We would take our issued M-1 Garands and as the attacking unit run towards the emplaced unit, screaming BANG, BANG, BANG at the top of our lungs. Blanks being too expensive to waste on us filthy cadets.

Comment

Yeah, this is new. I was the FTOC before I was re-aligned. Now that i've been re-realigned, I am the FTOC again. This change occured during my hiatus.

It's both good and bad, I suppose. But I can see why the change was made.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                                Yeah, this is new. I was the FTOC before I was re-aligned. Now that i've been re-realigned, I am the FTOC again. This change occured during my hiatus.

It's both good and bad, I suppose. But I can see why the change was made.
                                Do you foresee this change taking place for subsequent classes? What would you say is the % of new troopers in FTO stayed in their same troop once completed?

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4554 users online. 251 members and 4303 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X