Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
    an update for those in the same boat as myself...rec'd a call today from my BI asking for an update and scheduled a follow up interview. I was told they need to get the info within the next couple weeks back up to Albany... hopefully a good sign that things are moving in the right direction and the state is adding people not removing them.. fingers crossed.
    What is your rank number? PM me.
    sigpic
    SSgt US Marines 99-07

    Comment


    • Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
      Pretty sure since he got a follow up call from his BI that he was at the processing in September.
      Correct. I went up back in September and my rank was never reached for the Dec class, hoping to get into the next one.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
        Correct. I went up back in September and my rank was never reached for the Dec class, hoping to get into the next one.
        Have you guys seen this from the public site?

        http://www.nytrooper.com/hiring_status.cfm

        Hiring Status Update - 2008 Examination

        Initial candidate processing took place on September 13, 2008 in Albany, and we reached rank number 1,116 for this processing. If your rank is 1,117 or higher, you did not get reached for processing.

        As a result of this processing, and subsequent background investigations, the first Basic School Academy class from the 2008 exam started December 1, 2008 at the New York State Police Academy in Albany.

        As in the past, we processed more applicants for this class than we were able to appoint. This was done to ensure that we could accommodate last minute class changes, such as candidates who decided not to attend the academy or any budgetary issues that arose which affected class size.

        Reasons that you did not get called for appointment after processing are either (1) we did not reach your rank or (2) your background is still being reviewed. All applicants who processed on September 19, 2008 and did not get called will be advised of their status, via U.S. Mail, as soon as that status is available.

        Candidates are processed in rank order, which is based upon exam score and any applicable Veteran's Preference credits. We cannot predict at this time when further processing will be conducted from the 2008 examination list. Candidates reached for the first phase of the selection process will receive an invitation by U.S. mail, e-mail and/or text message. The first phase of the selection process includes college credit review, physical ability test, height/weight check, vision test, and document review. Do not wait to receive an invitation to prepare for the first phase. All requirements are on this site, including what is required for the physical ability test. Failing the physical fitness portion of the first phase stops any further processing steps, and may lead to disqualification for consideration of employment as a NYS Trooper. Click here for more selection process requirement information.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

        Comment


        • yeah I did see that. For those who went to the medical in November, my rank was low 500's and I am told that I missed the December class by less than 15 spots.. 45 (or so) spots were off 04's list and the remaining spots (45-50 spots) were off the new 08 list. I am told that if you were at that last medical in November and did not get into the December class and have not rec'd a DQ letter... than you should be in position to get into the Fall class... all hear say but I hope this helps anyone who is in that position.

          Comment


          • ..........
            Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:37 PM.

            Comment


            • To all who are in the same boat..... Sounds like a familiar way to start a post, I heard from a recruiter class should start either July or September. I also got the call from my BI today for the update. I am so ready to go to the academy and anxiously await the next processing letter to come back for medical again.
              Last edited by nickebloom; 04-23-2009, 08:46 PM.
              sigpic
              SSgt US Marines 99-07

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                Have you guys seen this from the public site?

                http://www.nytrooper.com/hiring_status.cfm

                Hiring Status Update - 2008 Examination

                Initial candidate processing took place on September 13, 2008 in Albany, and we reached rank number 1,116 for this processing. If your rank is 1,117 or higher, you did not get reached for processing.

                As a result of this processing, and subsequent background investigations, the first Basic School Academy class from the 2008 exam started December 1, 2008 at the New York State Police Academy in Albany.

                As in the past, we processed more applicants for this class than we were able to appoint. This was done to ensure that we could accommodate last minute class changes, such as candidates who decided not to attend the academy or any budgetary issues that arose which affected class size.

                Reasons that you did not get called for appointment after processing are either (1) we did not reach your rank or (2) your background is still being reviewed. All applicants who processed on September 19, 2008 and did not get called will be advised of their status, via U.S. Mail, as soon as that status is available.

                Candidates are processed in rank order, which is based upon exam score and any applicable Veteran's Preference credits. We cannot predict at this time when further processing will be conducted from the 2008 examination list. Candidates reached for the first phase of the selection process will receive an invitation by U.S. mail, e-mail and/or text message. The first phase of the selection process includes college credit review, physical ability test, height/weight check, vision test, and document review. Do not wait to receive an invitation to prepare for the first phase. All requirements are on this site, including what is required for the physical ability test. Failing the physical fitness portion of the first phase stops any further processing steps, and may lead to disqualification for consideration of employment as a NYS Trooper. Click here for more selection process requirement information.
                I did come across that on the public site, thanks SDT ! If anyone hears updates regarding medical invites or firm next class start dates feel free to PM me or drop a note on here.. eagerly awaiting !!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                  I also got the call from my BI today for the update.

                  I know the BCI squad at my station is also doing BI's. It's a good sign that they are doing background investigations at all, given the state of the state.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

                  Comment


                  • Proscessing new candidates is all well and good but I'm going to think about myself first for a minute... I better get my back pay before a new class starts!
                    sigpic

                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    Trooper4985's official theme song

                    Comment


                    • ..........
                      Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:35 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NNYSquad View Post
                        So what kind of boots do the current Troopers recommend to wear in the academy?
                        maaaan....wear sneakers every opportunity possible....you'll be wearing boots soon enough if you get in

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NNYSquad View Post
                          So what kind of boots do the current Troopers recommend to wear in the academy?
                          Highly polished black dress shoes.
                          sigpic

                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          Trooper4985's official theme song

                          Comment


                          • Processing

                            So even though my BI called me last week to discuss the update, I got a letter today from Albany informing me that I had been reached for processing and the BI would be contacting me for an update. So maybe there will be a class soon since they called me the day the letter was mailed out. HOPE SO!
                            sigpic
                            SSgt US Marines 99-07

                            Comment


                            • ..........
                              Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:36 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NYIllini
                                . When you leave there all your Uniform shoes/boots will be nice and broken in

                                Except the summer boots. It's my experience that they don't break in.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7181 users online. 399 members and 6782 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X