Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the only thing that makes an AR-15 New York State compliant (aside from no bayo-lug) is having a 10 round magazine? I did not know that. I was looking in to buying one myself and thought that New York State compliant meant they messed around with the mechanicals of it so it wouldn't accept a mag that holds more than 10 rounds. Does that mean any AR-15 that has no bayo-lug and comes with a 10 round mag is NYS compliant?
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
      So the only thing that makes an AR-15 New York State compliant (aside from no bayo-lug) is having a 10 round magazine? I did not know that. I was looking in to buying one myself and thought that New York State compliant meant they messed around with the mechanicals of it so it wouldn't accept a mag that holds more than 10 rounds. Does that mean any AR-15 that has no bayo-lug and comes with a 10 round mag is NYS compliant?
      No bayonet lug and no collapsable stock are the only physical things that are diffrent. Mine shipped with a 30 round mag that was swapped for a 10 round mag by the dealer. My M1A came with a 10 round mag but I know where to obtain mil-spec 30 round mags if I want one but I don't need to get jammed up and I can only take 3 (if I'm lucky) deer a year so I ripping off ten rounds into the herd gets me what I need quickly
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        No bayonet lug and no collapsable stock are the only physical things that are diffrent. Mine shipped with a 30 round mag that was swapped for a 10 round mag by the dealer. My M1A came with a 10 round mag but I know where to obtain mil-spec 30 round mags if I want one but I don't need to get jammed up and I can only take 3 (if I'm lucky) deer a year so I ripping off ten rounds into the herd gets me what I need quickly
        Good to know. Thanks.
        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
          I could burn through a couple 10-round mags in one night just on coyote around here. Once those things start growing thumbs, they'll start shooting back. I think they're conspiring with the Zombies and a killer cows.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
            Once those things start growing thumbs, they'll start shooting back. I think they're conspiring with the Zombies and a killer cows.
            So......How did you do on the psych. test?
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              So......How did you do on the psych. test?
              Shhhhhh..... they're out to get me....

Comment

• I am a left over from the last medical (nov 08')... my recent update letter said Fall 09 for the next academy... just curious if anyone who went down for processing last weekend got a better idea of the month they are aiming at for the start.

Comment

• I heard maybe July....

Originally posted by Justanotherdep View Post
                  I am a left over from the last medical (nov 08')... my recent update letter said Fall 09 for the next academy... just curious if anyone who went down for processing last weekend got a better idea of the month they are aiming at for the start.
                  NCPD-93.813
                  NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
                  Passed The Weekend Processing
                  SCPD-89.7
                  PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
                  NYPD-PASSED

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...storyID=788050

The governor also revealed a list of the proposed cuts, ranging from 2,021 at Corrections to zero at his executive chamber. Other big hits targeted; 1,434 at the Office of Mental Retardation; 1,054 at Mental Health; 386 at State Police; 366 at Health; 317 at Taxation & Finance; and 245 at Children and Family Services; 100 at General Services.
                      Not good news. Hopefully not sworn members.
                      Last edited by dirtyduce; 04-08-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyduce View Post
                        http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...storyID=788050

Not good news. Hopefully not sworn members.
                        It just says State Police. It makes no mention of what types of positions, whether sworn or not. The NY Division of Budget also released this:

"Offset Increased State Police Costs with Dedicated Revenue. The Executive Budget maintains the state’s commitment to ensuring safety on roads and highways by forgoing reductions to state police member strength and instead offsetting those costs with dedicated revenues. To that end, the Executive Budget continues the use of cell surcharge revenue for State Police operations ($26 million) for two additional years, and increases the Motor Vehicle Law Enforcement fee that is assessed on each vehicle insurance policy, from $5 to $10 ($65 million)."

I don't know if things have changed since this was released, but I can't see how it could make any sense not to fill 300+ sworn member vacancies that would retire or otherwise leave. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, especially since my rank should be included in the next processing call.

Comment

• Smoke and mirrors

Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                          It just says State Police. It makes no mention of what types of positions, whether sworn or not. The NY Division of Budget also released this:

"Offset Increased State Police Costs with Dedicated Revenue. The Executive Budget maintains the state’s commitment to ensuring safety on roads and highways by forgoing reductions to state police member strength and instead offsetting those costs with dedicated revenues. To that end, the Executive Budget continues the use of cell surcharge revenue for State Police operations ($26 million) for two additional years, and increases the Motor Vehicle Law Enforcement fee that is assessed on each vehicle insurance policy, from $5 to $10 ($65 million)."

I don't know if things have changed since this was released, but I can't see how it could make any sense not to fill 300+ sworn member vacancies that would retire or otherwise leave. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, especially since my rank should be included in the next processing call.

They may just cut line numbers that aren't even filled right now. Each barracks has a specific number of Troopers that it is allowed. I will assume that my barracks isn't the only one that has been operating well under that number for a long time.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Great idea. Lay off people who are only going to be filing for unemployment. Way to go Gov. Helen Keller.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO1259 View Post
                              Great idea. Lay off people who are only going to be filing for unemployment. Way to go Gov. Helen Keller.
                              Politics and budgets aside, that comment is not called for.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                                Politics and budgets aside, that comment is not called for.
                                Second that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7817 users online. 348 members and 7469 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X