300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piggyback Academy?

Over the last week or so I've heard rumor from a few different places that the State Police are considering starting another academy midway through this class. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I heard they may be considering this because the class going through right now was cut in size so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by willeck
      Over the last week or so I've heard rumor from a few different places that the State Police are considering starting another academy midway through this class. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I heard they may be considering this because the class going through right now was cut in size so much.
      I haven't heard that yet, but I did receive a letter form Trooper Candidate Processing unit last weekend, basically telling me that the next class is tentatively scheduled for Summer 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio
        I haven't heard that yet, but I did receive a letter form Trooper Candidate Processing unit last weekend, basically telling me that the next class is tentatively scheduled for Summer 2007.
        Hi Mleggio, was the letter you received to start processing like the PAT, background etc... ? or did you already process and were awaiting the next academy?

Thanx
        Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 12:59 PM.
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

Hi Willeck, which sites or places did you get that info from. and do you know if that means they will start processing for the PAT etc. ? or they will just call people who have already processed and missed the last academy?

Thanx
          Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 12:59 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
            Hi Mleggio, was the letter you received to start processing like the PAT, background etc... ? or did you already process and were awaiting the next academy?

Thanx,
            Bob
            I did my PAT, BI, Written Psych, Oral Psych and Poly last summer. Then I did my medical in November.

I was processing for the class that started on January 15th which had originally been planned for 200+ candidates and was later downsized to 70-80.

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio
              I did my PAT, BI, Written Psych, Oral Psych and Poly last summer. Then I did my medical in November.

I was processing for the class that started on January 15th which had originally been planned for 200+ candidates and was later downsized to 70-80.
              Oh, okay thanx. I was trying to get an idea if I would be called to start processing (PAT etc.) some time soon for this next academy class. I guess you wouldn't have any idea how many more candidates there are like yourself who have already processed and are waiting to get into this next class. I'm hoping not too many. I'm gonna give Human Resources a call Monday and see what they have to say.
              sigpic

Comment

I've heard that too, the rumor I heard is the second class was going to start around the current classes 22 week, so more towards the end rather than the middle, but who knows, more than half the stuff I hear turns out false.

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew
                  I've heard that too, the rumor I heard is the second class was going to start around the current classes 22 week, so more towards the end rather than the middle, but who knows, more than half the stuff I hear turns out false.
                  I don't know guys... I spoke with Human Resources today and they said no processing or letters have been sent out in recent weeks. They said the next processing will not start til atleast after April. I hope they are wrong and one will start sooner, but who knows. Maybe Spitzer will have an affect on some doubled up classes to get more troopers out there ASAP.
                  sigpic

Comment

• By the way, hope everyone has fun moving this week

Except for the few lucky ones that got to stay in their home area.
                    Last edited by GrayState; 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I don't know guys... I spoke with Human Resources today and they said no processing or letters have been sent out in recent weeks. They said the next processing will not start til atleast after April. I hope they are wrong and one will start sooner, but who knows. Maybe Spitzer will have an affect on some doubled up classes to get more troopers out there ASAP.
                      Not going to happen... although he professes to be pro-LE... I don't see many good things coming from him in the way of better pay and more guys on the road. Thankfully we have binding arbitration.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Psych---again

For those interested -
                        I received a nice little letter from the New York State Police yesterday notifying me that I need to take another written and oral psychological test.

JOY

I guess I'm going to have to dig out my 'Sanity for Dummies' book again, but if you guys help me out with a few questions that stump me regularly I'd appreciate it.

Do I believe my thoughts control the actions of others?

Do I believe that there are those in the government who plot against me and wish to do me harm?

Do I sometimes never always once have a headache?

Seriously... This will be the fourth time I've had to take a psych eval and each time I get a little closer to applying for a job as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Would it be a bad idea for me to show up wearing my 'Rehab is for Quitters' T-shirt?

I'm done venting now. I know psychological exams are typically only good for 6 months. It still doesn't keep me from giggling as I read the questions through the test.

Comment

• Does anyone know of other NYSP related websites, blogs or chatrooms etc...?
                          I'd like to see what other info I can dig up on the upcoming processing?

Thanx
                          Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 12:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'll send it to you in a private message

Comment

Does anyone know of other NYSP related websites, blogs or chatrooms etc...?
                              The topic occasionally comes up in our break room, over morning coffee.

Just stop in some time.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState
                                By the way, hope everyone has fun moving this week

Except for the few lucky ones that got to stay in their home area.
                                I hope the new guys coming to my station like doing DIRs and accident reports... We just got hit with 70" of snow in 24 hours. These guys are going to have an eye opener this weekend ;-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10698 users online. 395 members and 10303 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X