Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An estimate on the rank reached would be sweet too if anyone knew.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      How many people would estimate processed?

I heard turnout was horrible, which is good news for anyone who actually showed up and passed.
      I heard from someone at the barracks that knows someone who went up... 800+ invited and high 3's made it through to Sunday.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I work with a guy that works in the forensic department for the state police and he did pee test on saturday. According to him 1300 people were invited and 300 deferred, out of the remaining thousand about 600-700 people showed up. Out of that he said they sent out about 500 pee tests for further processing. However it seemed there were around only 300 people on Sunday so I dont know if people elected to take the psych test at a later date or my guys numbers are just off.

Comment

• Thats sounds about right.... I spoke to a trooper while I was up there and he told me that about 500-600 showed up and about 300-400 made it though Sunday. Thats probably why everything went so smooth..LOL. I thought there was about at least 1000 people that attended there on Saturday.

Originally posted by Hope4Badge50 View Post
          I work with a guy that works in the forensic department for the state police and he did pee test on saturday. According to him 1300 people were invited and 300 deferred, out of the remaining thousand about 600-700 people showed up. Out of that he said they sent out about 500 pee tests for further processing. However it seemed there were around only 300 people on Sunday so I dont know if people elected to take the psych test at a later date or my guys numbers are just off.
          NCPD-93.813
          NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
          Passed The Weekend Processing
          SCPD-89.7
          PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
          NYPD-PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            How many people would estimate processed?

I heard turnout was horrible, which is good news for anyone who actually showed up and passed.
            And good news for us guys from the first processing.....

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/photo-...7083975159302b.

If I were him I would feel a little better with a rifle in my hands. At least one has one. Maybe someday soon we will all be that lucky.
                yeah, i was just saying to my dad...'that poor [email protected] is going to have that shotgun in his hands for the next 8hrs'

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                  yikes... well, the plan, according to the PBA, is to have everyone with rifles eventually.
                  Yeah... We were promised new barracks after a Colonel saw our place shortly after Andy was murdered... Still working in the same mold infested dump. And they were telling us that we were going to have a new radio system when I was in the academy. I'll believe the rifle thing when I'm allowed to carry my Bushmaster on patrol without risking a PC or being fired.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• If I win the lotto, every trooper will have an AR-15 per my donation. Do troopers need to have the "less than intelligent" New York State compliant AR-15s with the 10 round magazine welded to the gun? Or can you actually have non-fixed mag AR-15s? I would think that law enforcement would be exempt from that "less than intelligent" law.
                    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                      If I win the lotto, every trooper will have an AR-15 per my donation. Do troopers need to have the "less than intelligent" New York State compliant AR-15s with the 10 round magazine welded to the gun? Or can you actually have non-fixed mag AR-15s? I would think that law enforcement would be exempt from that "less than intelligent" law.
                      Im curious as to how you would load an M4 with the magazine welded to the weapon.

To answer your question... Police officers may possess other than legal weapons and magainzes for work and must surrender the weapons when they no longer hold police officer status. Is anyone in Division going to give me a letter saying I can legally possess a Beta C-mag for my M1A?.... not likely. Do guys possess hi-cap magazines that they have procured on their own... It's not that hard to obtain hi-cap magazines from people who don't ask questions.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

If I win the lotto, every trooper will have an AR-15 per my donation.
                        You'd be surprized how many already have one (I was).

They are more common than mustaches in my zone.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                            yeah, i use the word eventually very loosely... even those of us without much time on all know it may mean, "you could be retired by the time it happens".
                            GS, you'd better come to work early tonight. And pack a bag in case you are sent to Bingo.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              Im curious as to how you would load an M4 with the magazine welded to the weapon.
                              Aren't NYS Compliant AR-15s only designed to hold a 10 round magazine? Not the magazine physically welded, but rather the receiver I guess. I wouldn't have been surprised if NY found someway to weld the magazine on to not be an "assault weapon" anymore.
                              Last edited by VeeDubs86; 04-03-2009, 02:39 PM.
                              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

Aren't NYS Compliant AR-15s only designed to hold a 10 round magazine? Not the magazine physically welded, but rather the receiver I guess. I wouldn't have been surprised if NY found someway to weld the magazine on to not be an "assault weapon" anymore.
                                The capacity of the magazine is by design... and has nothing to do with the rifle. The basic AR-15/M-16/M-4 design is standard across all platforms and companies... the weapons all come apart the same way, they all function in the same way. NY says hi capacity magazines are illegal and has set the number at 10 to define hi capacity.

The idiots in Albany don't understand that gun laws only affect the law obiding citizen and I'm not concerned with the law obiding citizen.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5273 users online. 211 members and 5062 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X