Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
    All is fine when your prepared.
    It all comes down to, you never know when you need protection.
    I have told countless college students in the past to get loss, BUT IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT. If this can happen in Troop B, what about other Troops?
    Always expect the worse when you leave your superman suit in your locker!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
      No but he was arrested for the menacing as well as discon and 16.9 grams of upm.
      !

I don't know how your DA's office works or how the local PD works but I know if you had identified yourself as a LEO and displayed your shield in my county, and that knife didn't immediately disappear he would have been charged with the D Felony Menacing a Police Officer.

It is not a solid fit but who cares let him get it dismissed or reduced to and E Felony or more probably an A Misd; otherwise, el douchbag will probably get max 1 yr probation and court fines, or ACOD after 6 months and plea to the violations because he is a college kid who was "turning his life around" ...

Stay on top of the ADA assigned to the case and make sure he doesn't accept a cake plea like they always hand to suspects...

Comment

• Today was a good day

Started the day off with a short pursuit and ended it with 15 UTT's, 2 UPM's 2 ABC's and a DWI.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Today was a good day

Damn interweb - Double post
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
            Damn interweb - Double post
            IT'S THE INTERNETS
            (BUSH October 8, 2004)
            Last edited by sgtmccarty; 03-28-2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I don't know how your DA's office works or how the local PD works but I know if you had identified yourself as a LEO and displayed your shield in my county, and that knife didn't immediately disappear he would have been charged with the D Felony Menacing a Police Officer.

It is not a solid fit but who cares let him get it dismissed or reduced to and E Felony or more probably an A Misd; otherwise, el douchbag will probably get max 1 yr probation and court fines, or ACOD after 6 months and plea to the violations because he is a college kid who was "turning his life around" ...

Stay on top of the ADA assigned to the case and make sure he doesn't accept a cake plea like they always hand to suspects...
              Local PD thought it wouldn't fit. Also the University PD is getting him expelled from school.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• "The selection process is job-related and competitive in nature." - From NYtrooper.com

-Can someone please elaborate on this quote? I do not know what to make of it.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpshooter518 View Post
                    "The selection process is job-related and competitive in nature." - From NYtrooper.com

-Can someone please elaborate on this quote? I do not know what to make of it.

Thanks
                    The quote seems straight-forward to me.

It means the selection process involves skills/traits that are required on the job. I'm thinking of good vision, good health, fitness, reasoning skills, reading skills, etc.

It also is competitive. Thousands of people are trying for a few hundred spots.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                      Are we allowed to use the P word in troop E?
                      Not when I'm working.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Started the day off with a short pursuit and ended it with 15 UTT's, 2 UPM's 2 ABC's and a DWI.
                        Trooper 4985, What does UTT, UPM and ABC stand for?

Question for you and any other NYS troopers, what would be considered a busy day in terms of # of tickets written on any given shift. (5, 10, 20, more?)

Thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                          Are we allowed to use the P word in troop E?
                          I'll look for the admin message when I go back into work on Monday.
                          Official radio traffic was "12 - Fail to comply north on Judson from Church" but pursuit sounds so much cooler

Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                          Question for you and any other NYS troopers, what would be considered a busy day in terms of # of tickets written on any given shift. (5, 10, 20, more)?
                          As has been discussed many times before... "busy" is a subjective term and varies from post to post and barracks to barracks.

Slow in Highland would be considered a ball beating in Amity. Busy in Amity would be considered a walk in the park in Plattsburg.
                          Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-29-2009, 12:43 AM.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Haha... Nice. I haven't seen that in years. Makes me want to go rent it.

Comment

Official radio traffic was "12 - Fail to comply north on Judson from Church" but pursuit sounds so much cooler

As has been discussed many times before... "busy" is a subjective term and varies from post to post and barracks to barracks.

Slow in Highland would be considered a ball beating in Amity. Busy in Amity would be considered a walk in the park in Plattsburg.
                              You know it!! When your at a complaint and dispatch informs you that you have a PDAA and three pending complaints! And it's only an hour into your shift.

Comment

• Glocks

Any decent spot to purchase Glocks in NYC metro area ? Looking for a G-26 in .9mm. NYPD off duty allowed.

Story; Buddy played semi-pro football in Binghamton and lived in 'Cuse. He had a LT-1 Vette and was usually pretty quick back and forth on I-81. One night enroute back to 'Cuse he was moving and got pulled over by NYSP.
                                Trooper was semi-irate as he exclaimed on the stop; "Do you know that you passed me while I was in pursuit of another car ?"
                                They started talking about the Vette, both gear heads, the Trooper drove it a bit and let my buddy go with a stern warning. (You have to realize this was several years ago and traffic on 81 can be empty/none in that section of NY.)
                                Eventually buddy accumulated enough tickets and points to be suspended and his Wife took the car away and she drove it.

How about this one;

Different buddy made SD Chargers as a rookie and went to car dealership in SD to buy a car. He wanted a real Shelby Cobra 427 (back in the day when they were semi-affordable.) and was ready to write the check when his Wife sat in the driver's seat and found she didn't have the leg strength to depress the clutch. She whined and moaned enough that he bought a Vett with automatic tranny instead. $500,000 mistake, I always tell him that he should have taken her to a gym and done leg presses and kept the Shelby.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11599 users online. 440 members and 11159 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X