300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
    If you get the deferment, you will then need to send another letter stating you are available again to process.

I am not sure how strict NYSP is with deferments but they realize that somethings in life pop up. Injury, family death, hit by a bus, etc.

Good luck.
    I just got off the line with HQ, and I'm sending out my letter today. Thanks again to everyone for their prompt responses! I'm kinda bummed to have to sit this one out, but good luck to everyone heading up there, and those waiting for the next wave of processing, I'll be seeing you then!

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
      If you get the deferment, you will then need to send another letter stating you are available again to process.

I am not sure how strict NYSP is with deferments but they realize that somethings in life pop up. Injury, family death, hit by a bus, etc.

Good luck.
      haha, I can just see that letter.

Dear NYS Police,
      I won't be able to make processing this weekend, as I was hit by a bus. Can I please have a deferment?
      Thanks

Comment

• Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to those going up this weekend. It would be great to hear what number in the rank they got to if anyone happens to find out.

Comment

• I'll be leaving at 5:15am on Sat. froM SW NY, see you all up there goodluck

Comment

• Originally posted by taurus9mil View Post
            does anyone know if there is any drug test for the processing coming up this weekend? hair/urine? sorry if already discussed..could not find answer...
            -
            Your first (and only) post is about drug testing? Why don't you be a little more specific as some substances are easier to hide... maybe someone here knows the best way for masking your recent acid trip or your routine 'wake and bake'. Probably shouldn't waste anyone's time, yours included, by even taking the test.

A couple of the newer guys at my station said something about hair follicle testing when they went through... Some moron got fired from that class because he forgot that cocaine is not a legal substance to party with.

I can think of at least 2 times since I have been on that I have been tested.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• ...Good luck this weekend guys

Comment

• Originally posted by taurus9mil View Post
                does anyone know if there is any drug test for the processing coming up this weekend? hair/urine? sorry if already discussed..could not find answer...
                -
                Why would you consider showing up for processing, obviously you do not want it enough.
                sigpic
                SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Home Pistol

You never know what someone else has!
                  Last night when I got home, I confronted a college kid for urinating next to my car in the driveway.
                  Well he pulls a knife, (needless to say I don't carry) but my mind is changed now!
                  Thinking of the Kel-tec p11 to stay at the house or maybe even for CCW?
                  Have kids so I think a shot gun is out of the question.
                  Any suggestions????

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                        I have two depending on what I am wearing. I have the Glock 38 which is the compact of our duty weapon. I also had our trigger pull installed so that the mechanics are the same as our duty weapon. I prefer this one but in summer months I go with the Kahr MK40. Heavier but smaller and easier to conceal. I liked the feel of this one over the Glock 39, which is the sub compact of our duty weapon. IF I had liked the feel of the 39 I would only have one. Also both plus ammo fit in a small office safe. With a rifle you'd need a much more expensive safe.

However, if I had been in your situation neither would have worked as I normally don't carry to and from work as it is only one mile back and forth and I never stop before or after. I guess once I heal I'll be changing that practice.

Glad you are alright. Did you scare him away with your Marine war face on that ugly mug of yours?
                        No but he was arrested for the menacing as well as discon and 16.9 grams of upm.
                        I live in the city so the city PD arrested him and he's going to see the judge today, after his night in a cell for being intoxicated also.
                        I only drive three miles to work also.
                        But I tell you next time I go out my front door at 1am , I will have backup!!

Comment

• I have thought about a Glock but the price is a big factor!
                          There is a sale on Kel-tec right now for $299 plus 10% off.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                            I forgot to add, if you go with Glock, be sure to buy from a place that gives the Glock law enforcement discount, which was $100.00 off when I got mine, in addition to an already decent price that I was getting.
                            What place is that?
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                              I have two depending on what I am wearing. I have the Glock 38 which is the compact of our duty weapon. I also had our trigger pull installed so that the mechanics are the same as our duty weapon. I prefer this one but in summer months I go with the Kahr MK40. Heavier but smaller and easier to conceal. I liked the feel of this one over the Glock 39, which is the sub compact of our duty weapon. IF I had liked the feel of the 39 I would only have one. Also both plus ammo fit in a small office safe. With a rifle you'd need a much more expensive safe.

However, if I had been in your situation neither would have worked as I normally don't carry to and from work as it is only one mile back and forth and I never stop before or after. I guess once I heal I'll be changing that practice.

Glad you are all right. Did you scare him away with your Marine war face on that ugly mug of yours?

I was just looking at a 39 today. They are so wide though, it's still bulky to carry concealed. I've been trying to find a good compact .45 to carry concealed. My other pistols are just too damn big. They stick out like i'm carrying a Contender. I like the size and feel of a Llama Minimax model in a .45 but haven't heard much about the brand. I've found a pretty good price on them too, but haven't jumped on it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
                                Any suggestions????
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8282 users online. 367 members and 7915 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X