Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
    Call your recruiter ASAP.

See y'all there on Sat morning, I am making the long drive to Albany this Friday. I am pretty sure I have another offer in DC but will keep moving forward with both processes until something is 100%.
    No matter what comes of either opportunity, Good luck.

Also good luck to all others at processing this weekend.

Comment

• F-11 Shift?

To the Troopers or anyone else who many know the answer..

I was reading an article on the NYTroopers website and mentioned a Trooper was working an "F-11 shift" ... What is an F-11 shift?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
        To the Troopers or anyone else who many know the answer..

I was reading an article on the NYTroopers website and mentioned a Trooper was working an "F-11 shift" ... What is an F-11 shift?

Thanks.
        From 11a to 11p

Comment

• Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
          I just left her a message. In case it is too late to defer, what would my options be? My stomach issue affects my run a bit, still should be fine for Saturday, but the sit-ups are where I'm affected the most. I do 10 and my stomach is now in a lot of pain from the stitch. If I fail the PT test, is that a definite DQ?
          If you fail this PT test... you will be given an exit interview (after sitting around in front of all the other candidates who passed) where you will be asked if you want an opportunity to come back for the next class.

Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
          What is an F-11 shift?
          Thanks.
          Change the 11 to a 12 and it's called the best shift around... Plenty of ticket writing time when the sun is still up, plenty of drunk hunting time after the sun goes down and you don't have to worry about being paired up with a slug that doesn't like to work.
          Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-25-2009, 02:18 PM.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
            If you fail this PT test... you will be given an exit interview (after sitting around in front of all the other candidates who passed) where you will be asked if you want an opportunity to come back for the next class.

Change the 11 to a 12 and it's called the best shift around... Plenty of ticket writing time when the sun is still up, plenty of drunk hunting time after the sun goes down and you don't have to worry about being paired up with a slug that doesn't like to work.
            Thanks Trooper 4985 and Gray for prompt reply !
            Good luck to all those heading up for processing this weekend !

Comment

I just left her a message. In case it is too late to defer, what would my options be? My stomach issue affects my run a bit, still should be fine for Saturday, but the sit-ups are where I'm affected the most. I do 10 and my stomach is now in a lot of pain from the stitch. If I fail the PT test, is that a definite DQ?
              Don't leave this up to the recuiter, he/she may be away from the station or on vacation. Call Member Hiring directly and do so by Friday. PM me if you can't find the number.
              Last edited by SlowDownThere; 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I was just wondering if the military exam results came back and were mixed in with the 08 exam? Also I haven't been following this thread so has anyone been called off the list?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                  I was just wondering if the military exam results came back and were mixed in with the 08 exam? Also I haven't been following this thread so has anyone been called off the list?
                  Yeah, the supplemental military test results are now with mixed with the rest of us who took the exam in the earlier part of 08. They filled the first academy class from this list back in late Nov early Dec of 08. There is a section on the NYSP website with answers to FAQs and a hiring update section as well.
                  sigpic
                  SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

Is it too late to request a medical deferment? Long story short, I had an operation in October, and since Feb, I've been back in the gym, running, and everything else. Last week, I find out that a stitch is starting to work its way out of my stomach which is causing problems with my PT, probably causing a for sure failure of the PFT. Would it be too late to call and get the process started for deferring until the next wave of processing happens? Also, would I just need something from my surgeon/primary care doctor for the deferment?

Thanks in advance.
                    you probably have nothing to worry about.....i "deferred" before the PT, by simply disregarding the letter. I didn't know that deferment was an option, and just didn't show. I thought it was the end of the line for me, but months later I found out about deferment, sent a letter explaining and apologizing. I immediately got a letter for the next PT.

Just make sure to place that call, or get a letter in the mail asap.

Comment

• Delete Post
                      Last edited by NYSP61; 03-26-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• I follow this thread pretty regularly, so if the following question has been asked and answered, I apologize.

Will there be another round of processing for 2009 (after this weekend), or will the next processing letters be sent out early 2010, for the first 2010 class?

Best educated guesses?

Thanks all.

Comment

• drug question

does anyone know if there is any drug test for the processing coming up this weekend? hair/urine? sorry if already discussed..could not find answer...
                          -

Comment

• Originally posted by taurus9mil View Post
                            does anyone know if there is any drug test for the processing coming up this weekend? hair/urine? sorry if already discussed..could not find answer...
                            -
                            Now I hope there is!

I haven't heard either way.

Comment

• I was always told that the State Police shave a section of your leg for drug testing.
                              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Change the 11 to a 12 and it's called the best shift around... Plenty of ticket writing time when the sun is still up, plenty of drunk hunting time after the sun goes down. [/QUOTE]

Right on that one! F12 is the best shift! Getting the seat belts during the day and the dinner drunks. Also having time in the morning to run errands!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7779 users online. 410 members and 7369 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X