300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't inhale !

Nor should 'wiggle room' be allowed, it's always the people that used CDS that think now they don't use CDS it should be forgiven or forgotten.
    You knew it was illegal and you did an illegal act, now you are looking for employment in a field that arrests persons now DOING that illegal act...
    Look elsewhere, but that's just me

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpshooter518 View Post
      Friends of mine have admitted to using marijuana while in college and it was less than 3 years and most are now police officers. One even admitted to using marijuana about 500 times and was still accepted.
      Were they accepted by the PSP? By the NYSP?

500 times? Are you sure?
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Integrity

I am fine with my "Integrity" with EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE I have ever posted on this site now and in the future

Multiple abuses of the legal system for/with CDS should not be allowed into the system for law enforcement, I am fine with that statement and I am confident my feelings are shared within the LE community, old and new !

Comment

• Well at least my DQ wasn't for drug use. I can honestly say I'm straight edge as can be. Total drug use......0 times ever.

Hopefully i'll find out what caused my DQ soon.

Comment

• Well I officially received my disqualification letter as well. My score was 97.64 (no veterans points) ranked 607, drug use twice. But, I guess my standards aren't what the NYSP are looking for so I'm already in processes with MDSP & PSP.
            Is there any way to find out what I failed? I called albany candidate hotline, my investigator, and my recruiter, they all are on a need to know basis.

Comment

• Asked and answered

Several LE people have access to this computer, I am retired, other relatives are still MOS.

Comment

• more

I find it mildly amusing that I am attacked, some challenging my veracity, by admitted drug abusers trying to deflect from their illegal actions and their resultant disqualification from high quality LE jobs.
                Smoke your doobies, sniff your various powders, but go elsewhere for employment....thank you very much in advance.

Story; Operating unmarked on NJ Turnpike, car passes me and I note the driver appearing to be smoking joint. Since he is speeding, I have cause to pull him over for MV stop. Approach and as driver opens window I get the wiff of the joint. Note that he has on uniform of NJ Turnpike toll collector.
                Search him, find more CDS and place him under arrest, he wants me to forget the CDS because he is a toll collector. Call in arrest on radio (which is monitored in NJ Turnpike HQ), and bring him back to barracks (which is attached to Turnpike HQ), properly restrained. 100's of people are watching out HQ windowqs, as I pull into HQ and I proceed to process him thru the system. Less than 1 week later I was transferred off the Turnpike.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                  So what you are saying is that multiple people use this screen name. That would explain why sometimes we get the BigWill who talks about his dad being retired and his brother at the naval academy and other times we get the retired trooper.

Actually I asked and Up-On-Base asked neither attacked you. WE are current LEOs. Myself I am Trooper with the NYSP, which you would have known had you been the same person to use the BigWill screen name ever time you post. AS LEO we have noticed the large discrepancies in your postings. But hey If a retired NJSP Trooper that is involved in the NYSP testing process that should be interesting.

Since screen names are free how about big Bigwill, little bigwill and all the bigwills in between get their own screen names to avoid the multiple personalities this one screen name has.

I read this forum everyday and NYIllini is right. All they did was ask you a question about something that does not add up and your responses just raise more questions. If some Mutt on the street gave you the same roundabout response you posted here you would continue to ask more questions. You have taken us from Common law right of inquiry to reasonable suspicion...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post

My Brother at USNA is hearing that there is a large backlog for Navy Pilots at the first step, API, in Pensacola, where you are tested, measured and given some basic flying to see if you have the basic qualifications that the Navy wants for Pilots. That usually takes 6 weeks but because of a shortage of Instructor Pilots at the next step in the process over 400 are in the backlog. Because of the huge backlog, ANY lapse in personal discipline is judged very harshly, so much so that even a speeding ticket will mean dismissal from API and reassignment into the Fleet!
                    I apologize for the tardiness of my statement, but your brother is hearing wrong. I am a USNA graduate (2001) and a flight instructor who just, by the way, received a speeding ticket two weeks ago-this sort of transgression will absolutely not cause a prospective aviator/NFO to be dismissed from ANY phase of training. I have flown with many, and by that I mean the majority, of individuals who have smoked pot at some point*, exceeded the speed limit, or acted foolishly in their former lives. Unless their actions exceed the comfort zone of the agency granting them a relevant clearance, they are FINE. I say this not because endeavoring to honor the highest virtues of citizenship is a bad thing, but because your incorrect comments may discourage well qualified candidates from getting to enjoy the benefits of an outstanding career in the Navy/Marine Corps- particularly those prior-enlisted personnel who make up the bulk of the best people to whom a commission might be offered. Sorry to step on your thunder, but be careful of statement like that which may exclude outstanding leaders who may have made a misstep or two before they decided to become military folks.

*Not me, though. You probably won't get a Service Academy appointment with any illegal drug use, but a successful military career, otherwise, will not be hindered by an honest account of past transgressions.
                    "Well, there is a delicate corneal inversion procedure... multi-opti-pupil-op-to-my. But, in order to keep from damaging the eye sockets, they've got to go in through the rectum. Ain't no man going to take that route with me."

Comment

• Does anyone have the number for Albany Member Hiring Services?

Comment

• Pensacola

I re-checked with buds in Pensacola and what I posted is correct about people waiting for API, some USNA grads have been in Pensacola for months and are still waiting to join an API class. Several of my friends are stuck in the pipeline, some are even USMC done with TBS, and are telling me the same instances, ie on speeding on base, dropped from Aviation.
                        My bud now there is one of the 400 in waiting, was TAD in Annapolis, USNA ran out of funding for his TAD slot and he was transferred to Pensacola in mid fall. People are being told that the lack of IP after API is the hangup.
                        Everyone in the Aviation service selection at USNA was just re-measured as they try to reduce the number from Annapolis going to API after Commish Day.
                        Another friend was just transferred to SWO from NFO because of not making weight for NFO, 2008 grad.
                        Two roomies are priors and have no history of M-J at all, so your hypothesis that enlisted personnel are tokers is misplaced IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by mwonger80 View Post
                          Does anyone have the number for Albany Member Hiring Services?
                          It is on the update your contact info of the NYSP website.

A note to all those who processed with me last fall. I was extremely nervous seeing all the message traffic on here about update letters and then soon after DQ letters. I had not received either one, so I called Albany and they informed me that I was missing some paperwork. I sent it to them and two days later got my update letter, No DQ. Thank GOD!!! Point being thanks to everyone for posting updates, really helps out when you are in the situation I was in. Thanks again.
                          sigpic
                          SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• quick question

Is it too late to request a medical deferment? Long story short, I had an operation in October, and since Feb, I've been back in the gym, running, and everything else. Last week, I find out that a stitch is starting to work its way out of my stomach which is causing problems with my PT, probably causing a for sure failure of the PFT. Would it be too late to call and get the process started for deferring until the next wave of processing happens? Also, would I just need something from my surgeon/primary care doctor for the deferment?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                              Call your recruiter ASAP.

See y'all there on Sat morning, I am making the long drive to Albany this Friday. I am pretty sure I have another offer in DC but will keep moving forward with both processes until something is 100%.
                              I just left her a message. In case it is too late to defer, what would my options be? My stomach issue affects my run a bit, still should be fine for Saturday, but the sit-ups are where I'm affected the most. I do 10 and my stomach is now in a lot of pain from the stitch. If I fail the PT test, is that a definite DQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
                                I just left her a message. In case it is too late to defer, what would my options be? My stomach issue affects my run a bit, still should be fine for Saturday, but the sit-ups are where I'm affected the most. I do 10 and my stomach is now in a lot of pain from the stitch. If I fail the PT test, is that a definite DQ?
                                From what I was told when I went through processing and also from my recruiter is that they would give you another chance at the next processing. How much of that is true? I cannot attest to those statements first hand. I passed every phase of processing. I would keep on trying the recruiter.
                                sigpic
                                SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12190 users online. 407 members and 11783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X