Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian23 View Post
      In my letter it says that the next class is tentatively scheduled for the Fall, and I received the letter last Thursday.
      Anyone else receive an update letter???

I haven't heard anything, which I guess no news is good news.

Anyone know if these update letters were sent out all at once for the people still eligible, or are they going through the leftovers one by one and sending out letters a few at a time. 18 months of waiting and the suspense is killing me.

Comment

• Update Letter

Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
        Anyone else receive an update letter???

I haven't heard anything, which I guess no news is good news.

Anyone know if these update letters were sent out all at once for the people still eligible, or are they going through the leftovers one by one and sending out letters a few at a time. 18 months of waiting and the suspense is killing me.
        I, too received an update letter, stating the same... continue with physical training, expect to be contacted for an update with our BI and next class to be tentatively schedule for "Fall 2009" Let's hope Fall 2009 means late summer of 2009

Comment

• I am also a leftover from Nov 2008 processing, but I haven't received a letter yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay718 View Post
            anyone else a little nervous?
            Nope, not nervous at all.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              Nope, not nervous at all.
              lol glad to hear that, keep up the good work on those roads, and thanks for keeping us civilians safe!

Comment

• Well the bad news finally came. Was excited to see a letter from the NYSP today when I got home in the mailbox, but it wasn't the letter I was expecting to see. It was the dreaded DQ letter. Not sure what else to say, other than i'm disappointed because of how hard i've busted my but the last 18 months. Not sure the reason for the DQ, and it doesn't really matter I guess. Oh well, in a way i'm content with finally knowing something. It's time to move on with my future.

Good luck to everyone else pursuing this career.

Signing off....

Comment

• Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                  It's time to move on with my future.

Good luck to everyone else pursuing this career.

Signing off....

Up_On_Base and NYIllini are correct.

Don't give up. If you really want this job, it shouldn't matter to you what agency you get in with.

If you really want to be in law enforcement, take EVERY exam you can, and process with every agency that calls you until you get the job.

Don't give up!

Comment

• Well I gave it my all, lost 70 pounds, am in the greatest shape of my life but i'll be 30 this year, my options are quickly running out. The reason I had pursued the career with NYSP was because it was a LE job that required me to take the smallest paycut. Any other agency in my area would require a huge paycut. Not that money was the only deciding factor, but I have to support my family, I couldn't change careers and make $20,000 less/year.

In a way, I wish I was DQed back during my BI/polygraph/medical processing. At least I wouldn't have waited the last 4 months expecting to be a shoe-in for the next academy. I would have also liked to know at least which phase was the reason for my DQ. Would give a bit of closure to the process.

All I know is for you current troopers, you must have an absolutely perfectly squeaky clean history to have been chosen. I didn't think my history/background could've been any better.

Again good luck to everyone, there's a bunch of great info on here.
                    Last edited by 04RevX; 03-13-2009, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                      In a way, I wish I was DQed back during my BI/polygraph/medical processing. At least I wouldn't have waited the last 4 months expecting to be a shoe-in for the next academy. I would have also liked to know at least which phase was the reason for my DQ. Would give a bit of closure to the process.
                      Sorry to hear about the bad news. It just seems odd that you passed absolutely everything, were just waiting for an appointment, and then got a DQ. From what I understand you don't get to the next phase until you pass the one before it. What was your last phase, the medical?

Comment

• I believe he went to the 2nd medical processing (only 200 candidates) last Nov 2008. I assumed the same thing, if you pass one process, you go to the next process. I suppose they can continually review Backgrounds & update Psych/Polygraph exams comparing with what you reported to the background investigator.

Comment

• Yes I was one of the 200 candidates that went to the Nov. 2008 medical processing. Everything went well, then sometime in January, one of my references said they had been contacted again by an investigator. They said that the investigator just asked some more of the same questions that was asked when they were first contacted back in October. I even heard a couple BI's personally visited the trooper I listed as a reference in October.

Like I said, I thought I was all set, just had to wait my turn.

Comment

• Ah

So ya, I got this update letter too, which is awesome, but I might have to defer because of a vacation Uncle Sam is sending me on. Does anyone know how a military deferment does work? I will only be gone for 12-15 months, so I hope this doesnt screw me out of possibly going to the academy.

and yes by vacation I mean deployment

Comment

• Originally posted by mad22 View Post
                              So ya, I got this update letter too, which is awesome, but I might have to defer because of a vacation Uncle Sam is sending me on. Does anyone know how a military deferment does work? I will only be gone for 12-15 months, so I hope this doesnt screw me out of possibly going to the academy.

and yes by vacation I mean deployment
                              Contact your recruiter, send Albany a letter asking to defer for military reasons then when you are positive you are coming home, send another letter to Albany requesting to be removed from deferment.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Is there anyway to appeal a DQ? Or is there a way to find out the exact reason you were?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9815 users online. 451 members and 9364 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X