300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
    Hammer - thanks for the info, just to clarify, will we have the psych interview on the 2nd day (in which we'll want to wear professional attire), or when we fill out the three booklets, after that we'll get a scheduled psych interview? I just want to make sure, so I know whether or not to bring a suit with me to Albany that weekend.

Thanks
    Hey just to clear confusion for you, on saturday you will do document review, the PAT and height and weight check. If you pass everything on saturday they will invite you back on sunday for the psych test. Very simular to the one you took with the entrance exam. At the end of the exam you will see someone in the hall on your way out and schedule a day in the near future for your psych interview which is completely seperate from processing weekend. After that should be the background check, then medical processing. Each phase has to be passed before being invited to the next etc. Hope this helps.

Also a note to all who processed with me all the way through medical last fall- I was told by my recruiter the next class was going to be june/july 09. Write back if anyone hears different.
    sigpic
    SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
      You take the a pysch background with the 4 packets on sunday, and then sign up for a meeting with a psychologist after you are done. This will take place a few weeks later. The meeting is when you need the suit, you won't need one at processing.
      I was writing my reply at the same time apparently.
      sigpic
      SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Sorry if my answer was worded poorly. Bottom line is show up, do your best, follow all instructions. Repeat these three things until you graduate from the Academy. Best of luck to everyone.
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
          Hey just to clear confusion for you, on saturday you will do document review, the PAT and height and weight check. If you pass everything on saturday they will invite you back on sunday for the psych test. Very simular to the one you took with the entrance exam. At the end of the exam you will see someone in the hall on your way out and schedule a day in the near future for your psych interview which is completely seperate from processing weekend. After that should be the background check, then medical processing. Each phase has to be passed before being invited to the next etc. Hope this helps.

Also a note to all who processed with me all the way through medical last fall- I was told by my recruiter the next class was going to be june/july 09. Write back if anyone hears different.
          That would be fantastic! I'm in the same boat. Does anyone know when we will be contacted by our BI to update?

Comment

• Also a note to all who processed with me all the way through medical last fall- I was told by my recruiter the next class was going to be june/july 09. Write back if anyone hears different.
            Nice...thanks for the heads up

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NNYSquad View Post
                I recently received a letter in the mail that stated they hadn't reached my rank number for the Dec. class, but I was still on the eligibility list and would be considered for the upcoming Fall 2009 class. As well, I will be contacted in the near future to update my BI.

I talked to my recruiter and she said I would be receiving a letter in a few weeks, stating my status, so it seems they are being sent out already.

NNYSquad, did you do your BI and medical already?

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• I received that same update letter..and I am also a left over from the December processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian23 View Post
                      I received that same update letter..and I am also a left over from the December processing.
                      Did these letters come today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian23 View Post
                        I received that same update letter..and I am also a left over from the December processing.
                        Did it happen to mention when the next academy class would be? There seems to be some conflicting statement in the posts. One saying June/July, the other saying in the fall. Unless of course June/July is considered the fall because it runs 6 months long, but that doesn't sound right.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                          Did it happen to mention when the next academy class would be? There seems to be some conflicting statement in the posts. One saying June/July, the other saying in the fall. Unless of course June/July is considered the fall because it runs 6 months long, but that doesn't sound right.
                          In my letter it says that the next class is tentatively scheduled for the Fall, and I received the letter last Thursday.
                          Last edited by Brian23; 03-10-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                            Yea, I was confused about the academy start time as well.... I will not be in this academy but was interested anyways so I called a recruiter. Not to confuse you anymore but the recruiter said that the "academy that is in now, will graduate sometime in June, the next academy will start a few weeks after that because typically we like to do 2 academy's a year." That is confusing in two different ways.... "a few weeks" can mean a few months and everyone is saying that it says "fall" so... I dunno. Just thought I'd throw that out there to confuse you guys even more

Comment

• I guess the real solution is to make a phone call to Superintendent Corbitt, he would be the wealth of knowledge . . . anyone?

Comment

• Call me out if I'm wrong, but typically, the troopers usually do another academy a month or two after an academy graduates. For instance, 92 Troopers graduated in October 2008, the next academy started in the very beginning of December 2008. You could probably list on and on of how they did this in the past. I would IMAGINE that the next academy would be August/September which may be why they are calling it "Fall" because that is the end of the summer/beginning of Fall. Thats just my two cents on the issue. Hope this helps you anxious candidates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8610 users online. 392 members and 8218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X