300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BradyBeck View Post
    That sucks that the academy is set up for the fall.... That means that they will not do anymore processing for the rest of 2009!! If they start one in the fall, they probably won't mail invites out until next march again. They will definitely be calling alot less people off that list as previous years.
    You're right, that would definitely suck. Nothing can be done except to keep waiting. They could move the date up, but I see that as unlikely.

Comment

• Is it possible for the leftover from last processing would start in late May? and the candidates for the upcoming processing in March would start in November? haha, I'm speculating & trying to stay positive!

Comment

• is mamone still there? he was there when i took the pt a while back. we had a guy in our academy just like him. i swear the dude went home every night and googled funny s@$t to say to us during p/t

Comment

• Originally posted by ME1998 View Post
          is mamone still there? he was there when i took the pt a while back. we had a guy in our academy just like him. i swear the dude went home every night and googled funny s@$t to say to us during p/t
          No, Mamone is not there anymore.

Comment

• PBA Website

Check the News for today. Same old same old.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• will anyone here be at the PAT information session at the harlem armory on saturday?

Comment

• Quick Re-introduction

Hello to everyone. I joined this message board a few years ago while waiting for my appointment to the NYSP Academy. I quit posting after they called everyone out who ever posted anything online, ever. They were really talking about the Myspacers and such that were posting info about the training, OPSEC violators. Anyway, I'm a G Trooper and loving every second of it. Got married a few years back and my wife just returned from Afghanistan. We are both still in the Guard, I'm an OIF vet, TF Hunter. Thats where the name Hammer comes from, it was my radio call sign, I am no HAMMER on the road, just ask my Sarge. I am just posting to reintroduce myself and say hello to everyone out there both on the job and aspiring. I am not a subject matter expert on anything but hope I can help whenever needed. Good to be back. Talk to you all soon. Be safe.

B
                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  I am not a subject matter expert on anything but hope I can help whenever needed. Good to be back. Talk to you all soon. Be safe.

B
                  Welcome, again!

We have a lot of people at my station in the guard or reserve but it is good that someone on this forum can better answer questions related to that topic. Not sure if Nyillni is still in the reserves and my enlistment ended a long time ago

Your myspace comment impels me to mention yet again we all should be careful what we write and post on a public forum. It doesn’t matter whether you are a current Trooper or aspire to be one.

Someone on this forum (not this thread) wrote they would automatically write someone a ticket if they had a political sticker supporting a certain candidate on their vehicle. I can guarantee if a member of the state police posted that comment they could possibly lose their job… We wear grey and are supposed to be impartial to everyone regardless of a lot of factors…

Yeah, I am a party pooper in real life too

Comment

• Delete Post
                    Last edited by NYSP61; 03-09-2009, 08:31 PM. Reason: Delete Post

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                      We have a lot of people at my station in the guard or reserve but it is good that someone on this forum can better answer questions related to that topic.

Someone on this forum (not this thread) wrote they would automatically write someone a ticket if they had a political sticker supporting a certain candidate on their vehicle. I can guarantee if a member of the state police posted that comment they could possibly lose their job… We wear grey and are supposed to be impartial to everyone regardless of a lot of factors…
                      I have been in the Guard for almost 12 years and would be happy to help in that arena whenever possible.

People can't put stuff out on the "inter-web-tubes" that they wouldn't be willing to explain in front of a judge or their boss. Once its out on the web there is no control over who views it or how it is used after that point. Its like a bullet, once you pull the trigger it ain't coming back.
                      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Anyone know what Number they are up to on the list of processing people??

Comment

• Anybody who has done the PT test recently know what order the test goes in
                          ie) 1. sit ups 2. push ups 3. run ? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Good luck with MSP... One of the guys I work with now used to work in Maryland and says they are top notch guys. A take home car and being able to buy 5 years of military service kinda evens things out if you ask me.
                            Commandant Cartman has ways of making you talk!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCHPapplicant21 View Post
                              Anybody who has done the PT test recently know what order the test goes in
                              ie) 1. sit ups 2. push ups 3. run ? Thanks in advance.

For my processing it was situps, then push ups, then the run.

Good Luck

Comment

• The sit-ups are given, then the push-ups, and then the run later on.
                                ~good luck
                                Last edited by tmo1114; 03-08-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11162 users online. 442 members and 10720 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X