Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend sent me this video a long time ago. Not really relavant to the push-up conversation, but if you go to about 1:40 in the video the guys does some pretty crazy ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xCs6zxTSE

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
      A friend sent me this video a long time ago. Not really relavant to the push-up conversation, but if you go to about 1:40 in the video the guys does some pretty crazy ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xCs6zxTSE
      I know Sgt Kaufman, and Tpr Mamone would have loved to see this on the harddeck. I think Recruit Trooper Jarred (who failed out of the 187th ((because he cheated)) and got fired from the 189th for cheating) attempted this once.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• 1180(e) is your friend (found this a little late)

Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
        Pending legislation, February 2005... http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?ad=...ry&story=12656

It needs to be a law, that's for sure.
        § 1180 (e)
        The driver of every vehicle shall, consistent with the
        requirements of subdivision (a) of this section, drive at an appropriate
        reduced speed when approaching and crossing an intersection or railway
        grade crossing, when approaching and going around a curve, when
        approaching a hill crest, when approaching and passing by an emergency
        situation involving any authorized emergency vehicle which is parked,
        stopped or standing on a highway and which is displaying one or more red
        or combination red and white lights pursuant to the provisions of
        paragraph two of subdivision forty-one of section three hundred
        seventy-five of this chapter
        , when traveling upon any narrow or winding
        roadway, and when any special hazard exists with respect to pedestrians,
        or other traffic by reason of weather or highway conditions, including,
        but not limited to a highway construction or maintenance work area.

I have never lost a trial on this charge for people who don't move over or reduce their speed when "they can't move over" (that is what your brake pedal for!)
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• I'll have to add that to my cheat sheet.

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-21-2009, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              Are you saying he got caught cheating twice, that is insane.
              Those who were there and those who have been told the stories inside those walls know what he did (and how he got caught). Simply put... after the recruits told the cardre that he not worthy... he proved himself not worthy but recieved a second chance and he failed again.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Wow thats pretty crazy.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SCHPapplicant21;1687002]
                  Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  Like the others have said, you will be told to get up when you do the minimum.

Understood, which is fine.. at least for the mile and a half run we can put it in 5th gear
                  Yea, I will also be in 5th gear the whole way.
                  NYPD Exam - 6011
                  Back Up Exam - 0310

Comment

• i attended the 2nd medical processing back on dec 2008, i was wondering if i need to contact my BI to update my information, or will i receive a letter? also will i receive a letter for my 2nd medical? currently ranked bottom of 600s

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-21-2009, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Pba News

Just a FYI everyone should go to the PBA website and read the news for March 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by NNYSquad View Post
                          For the guys that got the PT weekend invite in March...did your sheets say the tentative class was for summer or fall '09?
                          It said Fall 09

Comment

• Originally posted by SCHPapplicant21 View Post
                            It said Fall 09
                            Damn, I was hoping they could get a class started in the summer and start processing again in the fall. Hopefully they'll get started in early fall with this class. I still wonder how many they called for March, probably around 1,000 would be my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJC999 View Post
                              Damn, I was hoping they could get a class started in the summer and start processing again in the fall. Hopefully they'll get started in early fall with this class. I still wonder how many they called for March, probably around 1,000 would be my guess.

Even though the NYSP is probably getting a smaller check handed to them for the academy, I would imagine they would call atleast 1,000. That sucks that the academy is set up for the fall.... That means that they will not do anymore processing for the rest of 2009!! If they start one in the fall, they probably won't mail invites out until next march again. They will definitely be calling alot less people off that list as previous years...

As for the pushups, I would imagine that it would be physically impossible to do that amount of pushups (in proper form). But then again, its in the guinness book of records, i would imagine they would make sure they were legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by mwonger80 View Post
                                i attended the 2nd medical processing back on dec 2008, i was wondering if i need to contact my BI to update my information, or will i receive a letter? also will i receive a letter for my 2nd medical? currently ranked bottom of 600s

I was actually wondering the same thing. Currently ranked mid 600s, in the same situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10764 users online. 364 members and 10400 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X