Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • is there a time limit on the push ups? doesn't specify whether or not on the nytrooper website so i'm assuming there's no time limit

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
      is there a time limit on the push ups? doesn't specify whether or not on the nytrooper website so i'm assuming there's no time limit
      yeah....there is no time limit for the push ups.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        HAHA! The amusing things that happen when someone leaves Groupwise open. Usually they are about the sender's secret feelings for their 2 shift partner but anything that goes Division wide is amusing no matter the subject.
        Ha Ha, I remember that. It was like a virus, an uncurable one.

        Or the Energizer bunny.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
          . One of those guys also did 320 pushups and surprisingly is now in a SORT team... I am proud of my class and brag about them ever now and again!!!
          I know that guy. And I currently work with the guy who's record he broke.

          But since we are bragging here, someone in my class had run a mile in under 4 minutes before. The staff arranged for him to run in a police-sponsored run for chairty on a weekend, near his home. He agreed to do it, then showed up late. Good grief. He would have smoked the field.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            I know that guy. And I currently work with the guy who's record he broke.

            But since we are bragging here, someone in my class had run a mile in under 4 minutes before. The staff arranged for him to run in a police-sponsored run for chairty on a weekend, near his home. He agreed to do it, then showed up late. Good grief. He would have smoked the field.

            300 something pushups is impressive . . . I can only do 300, just kidding. Now in regards to processing weekend, the state police website says that the individual only has to do 33, for my age group anyway. Do they stop you at 33 or do they tell you to do as many as you possibly can. Is there any way they rank you based on your physical abilities after that processing weekend, or is the bare minimum what they are looking for?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BradyBeck View Post
              300 something pushups is impressive . . . I can only do 300, just kidding. Now in regards to processing weekend, the state police website says that the individual only has to do 33, for my age group anyway. Do they stop you at 33 or do they tell you to do as many as you possibly can. Is there any way they rank you based on your physical abilities after that processing weekend, or is the bare minimum what they are looking for?
              As for the pushups and situps. You can do more, however it does not, andwill not affect your position for selection. The same applies for the run, always give it your 100 percent effort but you do not get "bonus" points for running the 1.5 in 7 minutes. Maybe during an actual academy class, but not for processing weekend.
              sigpic
              SSgt US Marines 99-07

              Comment


              • Don't go overboard and use all your energy on pushups and sit-ups. It will not affect your rank. As long as you pass everything, you're good. Best of luck!

                Comment


                • I got my letter for March 28, I'm going overboard for sure can never hurt to give it your all, especially with a top law enforcement agency like NYSP.

                  Comment


                  • ..........
                    Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • To all who answered my question, thank you!

                      Wish I was in some of your guy's positions and getting the invites now!! I'm pumped, but don't want to wait, haha. Even though we will be talking all month long before processing weekend i'll say it now, GOOD LUCK!

                      Comment


                      • By the way, earlier on, some of the troopers on here mentioned that a guy did 300 something pushups.... Well anyway, that kind of sparked some interest, so I went online and looked at the world record for most consecutive pushups.... it was like 10,000 something. Now thats insane, almost unbelievable actually. Totally random, but thought it was interesting

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BradyBeck View Post
                          By the way, earlier on, some of the troopers on here mentioned that a guy did 300 something pushups.... Well anyway, that kind of sparked some interest, so I went online and looked at the world record for most consecutive pushups.... it was like 10,000 something. Now thats insane, almost unbelievable actually. Totally random, but thought it was interesting
                          The question begs to be asked... did this individual do 10,000 NYSP pushups or did he just bend his arms a little a little each time and call that a pushup?
                          sigpic

                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          Trooper4985's official theme song

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SCHPapplicant21 View Post
                            I got my letter for March 28, I'm going overboard for sure can never hurt to give it your all, especially with a top law enforcement agency like NYSP.
                            Like the others have said, you will be told to get up when you do the minimum.

                            Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                            The question begs to be asked... did this individual do 10,000 NYSP pushups or did he just bend his arms a little a little each time and call that a pushup?
                            You mean excellent form like this

                            Just watch the first 30 secs or so...

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEtm...eature=related

                            Comment


                            • [QUOTE=GrayPatriot;1686952]Like the others have said, you will be told to get up when you do the minimum.



                              Understood, which is fine.. at least for the mile and a half run we can put it in 5th gear
                              Last edited by SCHPapplicant21; 03-02-2009, 10:12 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                                I would be ashamed to have that online, didn't see 1 correct push-up.
                                It looked like he was trying to imitate a worm.

                                When ever friends ask me the standards to get in, and I tell them, they say oh push-ups are so easy, so I have them attempt, I haven't met a single person that would pass.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10899 users online. 462 members and 10437 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X