X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJC999
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
    1 - With the state in financial peril, probably not big
    I wondered about this, however, according to the new budget release from the state they are making no cuts with regards to the Troopers. I read that they are specifically increasing insurance fees to cover the anticipated costs. Plus, I heard they put in more recruits for this class than originally anticipated. We'll have to wait and see I guess, but I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

• Jay718
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Trooper4985
      Dude! What is your rank on the list.
      its in the high 1500s

Comment

• NNYSquad
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2008

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• NyCborn
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2007

there is hope

Originally posted by Jay718
          its in the high 1500s
          I do not like to post anymore but I have gain alot of info so I am going to give some back. I recive my invite for march and my list number is in the low 2000's

Comment

• thefirm5
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MJC999
            I wondered about this, however, according to the new budget release from the state they are making no cuts with regards to the Troopers. I read that they are specifically increasing insurance fees to cover the anticipated costs. Plus, I heard they put in more recruits for this class than originally anticipated. We'll have to wait and see I guess, but I'm hoping for the best.
            If you read back a couple of pages, NYIllini stated that they are replacing troopers, not expanding, so I am guessing it all depends on who retires, so like Up On Base said, lets hope those big classes from the 80's retire soon.

Comment

• BCIACCOUNT82
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BradyBeck
              I saw that one of you candidates that was mailed for processing was ranked 150X . . . how about any of you other guys? Just wondering how many people they are calling. They left off at 1116 last round, wonder if they will get in the 2000's this round.
              I received an invite and am ranked 17xx

Comment

• thefirm5
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NYIllini
                That was GrayState in post 5732. He is the smart one, I'm just the good looking one.
                Yes, yes sorry for the confusion, I was reading another conversation and quoting the one with GrayState.

Comment

• tc05sti
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2008

rank dropped a few im 3000 now.... hopefully theyll reach me by the end of the year

Comment

• pbiddy35
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2007

Snail Mail

Hmm, I'm in the 1100s and I haven't received anything yet. I'm out of state so figure I'll wait til Monday before calling recruiter.

Comment

• Jay718
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2008

i actually hit about 10:15 one time just for fun, wasn't easy and it also helps that i run everyday. im also a bit younger than you lol

Comment

• NNYSquad
                        Forum Member
                        • Dec 2008

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• nickebloom
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2008

Just looking at NYTrooper.com, thank god I am over 30.

10:47 for 1.5 mile is a pretty fast clip, I wonder how many people miss that mark. Probably not many, I am sure most run for their lives at that point or you don't graduate.
                          I ran the PAT this past fall for the first stage of processing, that run time is not that hard actually. I ran it in 9 mins and I am 30. It goes quicker than you think when you are running against others on the track.
                          sigpic
                          SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Trooper4985
                            Enlarged Member
                            • Jul 2003

Just looking at NYTrooper.com, thank god I am over 30.

10:47 for 1.5 mile is a pretty fast clip, I wonder how many people miss that mark. Probably not many, I am sure most run for their lives at that point or you don't graduate.
                            You will be running much faster than that by the end of 26 weeks if you recieve an appointment. I was one of the slow ones in my class and I eventually did a 10:15 final PT test.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• GrayPatriot
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Trooper4985
                              You will be running much faster than that by the end of 26 weeks if you recieve an appointment. I was one of the slow ones in my class and I eventually did a 10:15 final PT test.
                              Yeah, my class was pretty fast too. I remember posting on this site yrs ago, under my old username, and people flat out called me a liar when I told them out of 150 recruits maybe 1 or 2 ran slower than 11:00 in the final run. We had a few female recruits run 10:00 flat or close to it... In my session of 26 (21 at the end) 8 ran faster than 9:00 and 2 ran under 8:00... One of those guys also did 320 pushups and surprisingly is now in a SORT team... I am proud of my class and brag about them ever now and again!!!

Also, spoke to a guy going through the academy right now and he said, and I quote " If you had told me the academy sucks as bad as it does I would have thought you were BSing me" He is hating life and went from 171Ibs to 150Ibs...

Ahhh memories

Comment

• GrayState
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2006

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12164 users online. 68 members and 12096 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...