Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sharpshooter518 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering what the typical profile for a NYS trooper? Are most out of the military or have they gained experience elsewhere? Does the NYSP normally hire recent grads w/o experience? I am worried that I do not have enough experience but a clean background.

Thanks for the input.
    There is no typical profile for a Trooper. I have no degree but served in the Air Force for 5 years. Other guys I work with were fresh out of college with no life exprerience when they got their appointment. Some guys served and went to college and didn't get an appointment till they were almost too old to enter the academy. There is no checklist of things that you have to do to be considered for an appointment.

The best thing you can do is step back and take a look at your life. Don't do things that you know are wrong even if no one will ever find out about it. And second... don't hang out with people who do things that are wrong.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I am in the process of completing the paperwork to bring to processing weekend, I received one ticket which was issued over 5 years ago, I do not remember the exact date which it happened, does anyone know how I could find this information, maybe through DMV? Does it have to be the exact date? Also, should I include a ticket that was issued to me for a out license plate light that was ultimately dismissed because I changed it?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYLCAJ88 View Post
        I am in the process of completing the paperwork to bring to processing weekend, I received one ticket which was issued over 5 years ago, I do not remember the exact date which it happened, does anyone know how I could find this information, maybe through DMV? Does it have to be the exact date? Also, should I include a ticket that was issued to me for a out license plate light that was ultimately dismissed because I changed it?
        List the light ticket. The truth will set you free. Also you probably won't be able to find the exact date. They come off your record at the DMV after a certain amount of time and they told me there was no way for them to get the ticket info. I had to approximate the date on a ticket on my record, and the person that reviewed it at processing said that was fine. Its the matter of listing it. Just order the print out of your record from the DMV

Comment

• Originally posted by NYLCAJ88 View Post
          I am in the process of completing the paperwork to bring to processing weekend, I received one ticket which was issued over 5 years ago, I do not remember the exact date which it happened, does anyone know how I could find this information, maybe through DMV? Does it have to be the exact date? Also, should I include a ticket that was issued to me for a out license plate light that was ultimately dismissed because I changed it?
          Two options for finding out about the ticket you don't remember the exact date. Call the court that the ticket was returnable to and see if they have a record of your appearance or disposition of the ticket, or if a Trooper issued you the ticket... there are ways that we can check on old tickets.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Was anyone who processed through for the last class (Completed the medical in Nov), invited to this processing weekend Mach 28th and 29th???

Comment

• next processing

Originally posted by LandJ5 View Post
              Was anyone who processed through for the last class (Completed the medical in Nov), invited to this processing weekend Mach 28th and 29th???
              I completed processing back in Novemeber (both PATs and Medical) and did not receive anything in the mail for this upcoming processing. I would think that our group of leftovers would join in during the 2nd medical review and update our BI, but just a guess at this point, haven't heard anything else yet, keeping my ears/eyes open and fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                I completed processing back in Novemeber (both PATs and Medical) and did not receive anything in the mail for this upcoming processing. I would think that our group of leftovers would join in during the 2nd medical review and update our BI, but just a guess at this point, haven't heard anything else yet, keeping my ears/eyes open and fingers crossed.
                Yeah from everything I have heard that is true. We won't be invited to the processing weekend. We will just update everything

Comment

• Very excited to hear that processing is picking up again

Comment

• i recieved an invite, my mother called me today and told me, im in california right now until monday....do we have to have any paper work done before we go? i didnt see the letter and my mother told me that i have to be there the 28th nd 29th so i do not know what the letter states exactly.....if i come bak on monday will i have enough time to get everything done? thanks for any feed back

Comment

• Same boat. Completed processing through medical back in November. Have not received an invite for March 28-29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay718 View Post
                        i recieved an invite, my mother called me today and told me, im in california right now until monday....do we have to have any paper work done before we go? i didnt see the letter and my mother told me that i have to be there the 28th nd 29th so i do not know what the letter states exactly.....if i come bak on monday will i have enough time to get everything done? thanks for any feed back
                        You will have plenty of time to get it all done.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                          You will have plenty of time to get it all done.
                          thanks dude

Comment

• I saw that one of you candidates that was mailed for processing was ranked 150X . . . how about any of you other guys? Just wondering how many people they are calling. They left off at 1116 last round, wonder if they will get in the 2000's this round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay718 View Post
                              thanks dude
                              Dude! What is your rank on the list.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian23 View Post
                                Very excited to hear that processing is picking up again
                                I have to agree with this. I don't think my number is good enough to process this round, but I am hoping for the next. Any speculation on the class size they are processing for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10304 users online. 489 members and 9815 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X