Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrayState
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2006

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• NYLCAJ88
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2009

Did anyone else get an invitation to processing on March 28 &29? For anyone who has been through the academy before, are you permitted to go home on the weekends for the first month of being there?

Comment

• thefirm5
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NYLCAJ88
        Did anyone else get an invitation to processing on March 28 &29? For anyone who has been through the academy before, are you permitted to go home on the weekends for the first month of being there?
        So you got an invitation to go to Albany the 28th and 29th? Anyone else heard about this processing weekend?

Your other question has been discussed and it also is explained on NYTrooper.com. You have to leave on Friday afternoon/night and be back on Sunday. You can't stay at the academy.

Comment

• NNYSquad
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2008

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• thefirm5
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NNYSquad
            I'm a leftover from the last medical just waiting for an appointment packet....hopefully they send out the so called "advised of your status" letter with these PT processing letters.

What are the rank numbers for those invited to process?
            I am kind of in the same boat. I went to processing weekend and met with the psychologist, I am waiting for the BI and medical.

I would have thought there would be more activity on here with new invites going out.

Comment

• NYLCAJ88
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2009

Does anyone know if there are exceptions to the Sunday night rule? I am getting married on a Sunday in the fall (when the next academy is predicted to start) and the reception does not end until 9pm, allowing me to get back to Albany by 10pm, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

• NYLCAJ88
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2009

I'm a leftover from the last medical just waiting for an appointment packet....hopefully they send out the so called "advised of your status" letter with these PT processing letters.

What are the rank numbers for those invited to process?
                My rank is 150X

Comment

• thefirm5
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2008

Does anyone know if there are exceptions to the Sunday night rule? I am getting married on a Sunday in the fall (when the next academy is predicted to start) and the reception does not end until 9pm, allowing me to get back to Albany by 10pm, any thoughts would be appreciated.
                  "Lodging is provided free during the training period. Except in cases of extreme emergency, lodging is not provided on weekends.

Recruits are required to report to the Academy before 11 p.m. on the Sunday prior to each training week and be in residence there until 5 p.m. the following Friday."

Directly from the NYS Police website. I stated earlier that it was on NYTrooper, I was wrong it is on the normal www.troopers.state.ny.us. I think a member who is a trooper might be able to clearify the specifics of the rules though.

Comment

• thefirm5
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2008

My rank is 150X
                    When did you get the letter of invite to processing?

Comment

• NNYSquad
                      Forum Member
                      • Dec 2008

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• hxd
                        Regrouping
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by NYIllini
                        I heard a rumor that the numbers will fall somewhere between 1 and 15,000. But it is only a rumor.
                        I've heard the same rumor.

Comment

• BradyBeck
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2008

I heard a rumor that the numbers will fall somewhere between 1 and 15,000. But it is only a rumor.

hahaha. oh man.

Comment

• hxd
                            Regrouping
                            • Jul 2007

The whole process is a 24/7 pins and needle experience that seems to last forever.
                            And the reality is that it doesn't have to be.

I want the job as much as the next person - maybe even more. But I'm not banking my future on it.

If NYSP is your "Plan A" then you should be living your "Plan B" right now. Keep yourself in shape in case you get the call for PAT. Keep your nose clean in case you get to BI. In the mean time, forget about NYSP.

Comment

• nickebloom
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2008

yea, I had my BI and psych complete in about a 2 week span then went down to the medical in Nov. and passes all that good stuff....just waiting for the rank number to be reached now.
                              I am waiting for my number to reached as well. Passed everything last processing. So I am praying to God that I get into this next class.
                              sigpic
                              SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• sharpshooter518
                                Forum Member
                                • Oct 2008

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what the typical profile for a NYS trooper? Are most out of the military or have they gained experience elsewhere? Does the NYSP normally hire recent grads w/o experience? I am worried that I do not have enough experience but a clean background.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11872 users online. 67 members and 11805 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...