300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYIllini
    New PBA email out. Had to know that was coming.
    Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Come on... They stood up and said firmly 'NO'... what more do you think they should do with your dues
    Yeah, this was a real shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
      If I wrote what I am thinking, NYSP would never hire me
      I second that....

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Looking for some insight on a concern of mine, and Troopers would know best, so I thought i'd ask here....

I never really had any tickets in my life. I believe the last ticket I received was in 2005. It was a speeding ticket reduced down to a non moving violation. I learned my lesson and haven't gotten a ticket since then.

But, this month I have run into some bad luck, lol. I have had more police contact than desired. Just in the month of February I received a ticket for equipment malfunction (headlight). I got it fixed within the 24 hour period and got it written off. A week later, I got pulled over again for another headlight problem (the other headlight). I couldn't believe. I got it fixed again within the 24 hour period and got it written off once again. Then, just today I get pulled over for cell phone use, which I was guilty of. This is my first cell phone use ticket, and first "real" ticket in a while, which disappoints me.

I guess my questions are: Do cell phone tickets put points on your driving record? I know it sounds silly but will something like this cause alot of questions and problems for you during the BI. I hear stories from people about getting drilled from past tickets. I just want some insight please.... thanks for the time.

Comment

• I never really had any tickets in my life. I believe the last ticket I received was in 2005

THIS DONT EVEN MAKE SENSE

Comment

• Originally posted by BradyBeck View Post
            Hey everyone,

Looking for some insight on a concern of mine, and Troopers would know best, so I thought i'd ask here....

I never really had any tickets in my life. I believe the last ticket I received was in 2005. It was a speeding ticket reduced down to a non moving violation. I learned my lesson and haven't gotten a ticket since then.

But, this month I have run into some bad luck, lol. I have had more police contact than desired. Just in the month of February I received a ticket for equipment malfunction (headlight). I got it fixed within the 24 hour period and got it written off. A week later, I got pulled over again for another headlight problem (the other headlight). I couldn't believe. I got it fixed again within the 24 hour period and got it written off once again. Then, just today I get pulled over for cell phone use, which I was guilty of. This is my first cell phone use ticket, and first "real" ticket in a while, which disappoints me.

I guess my questions are: Do cell phone tickets put points on your driving record? I know it sounds silly but will something like this cause alot of questions and problems for you during the BI. I hear stories from people about getting drilled from past tickets. I just want some insight please.... thanks for the time.
            What is a real ticket versus an unreal ticket? Each BI in a case by case thing. Will headlight tickets keep you out... no, but if you are having this many equipment problems with your vehicle... maybe you should do a walk around like we do every shift.

Will the cellphone ticket by itself prevent you from an appointment.... I doubt it. BTW... no points for a cellphone violation either just like a seatbelt is no points.

You've heard 'stories' of people being shot down... I'm not calling any current or previous posters on this or any other thread liars but I know at least one person who got shot down for reasons A,B, and C (which were very serious reasons) and he told everyone that he got shot down for X,Y and Z (which seemed kinda cheesy).
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
              I never really had any tickets in my life. I believe the last ticket I received was in 2005

Must have been Sabers tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Worthless1 View Post
                Must have been Sabers tickets.
                HAHA! The amusing things that happen when someone leaves Groupwise open. Usually they are about the sender's secret feelings for their 2 shift partner but anything that goes Division wide is amusing no matter the subject.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
                  I never really had any tickets in my life. I believe the last ticket I received was in 2005

Haha, yea i see what you mean, lol. I guess what I mean is that it has been quite some time since I have been pulled over, and the one time that I was pulled over in 2005, it was reduced thankfully. My bad.
                  Last edited by BradyBeck; 02-21-2009, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                    What is a real ticket versus an unreal ticket? Each BI in a case by case thing. Will headlight tickets keep you out... no, but if you are having this many equipment problems with your vehicle... maybe you should do a walk around like we do every shift.

Will the cellphone ticket by itself prevent you from an appointment.... I doubt it. BTW... no points for a cellphone violation either just like a seatbelt is no points.

You've heard 'stories' of people being shot down... I'm not calling any current or previous posters on this or any other thread liars but I know at least one person who got shot down for reasons A,B, and C (which were very serious reasons) and he told everyone that he got shot down for X,Y and Z (which seemed kinda cheesy).

Yea, its time for a new vehicle. I was told that it wouldn't pass inspection in april anyways. I should be checking the headlights anyways I suppose. I don't mean that there are tickets that aren't "real," I guess I worded that stupidly. What I meant was that the cell phone ticket can't be written off. I will have to pay for that, unlike the equipment malfunction tickets. So it will stick with me, could be worse I guess, I could of been speeding as well.

I sincerely apologize If I irritated any of you by stating "real" tickets. I didn't mean that you issue "unreal" tickets.... I should of analyzed my thoughts a little bit more before putting them on this post. I respect and admire what you do.

thanks for your input.
                    Last edited by BradyBeck; 02-21-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Ride the right lane !

Most people posting here are attempting to enter a highly competitive employment group, with strict entrance requirements, that are not flexible or forgiving of current or past mistakes in judgement or behavior.
                      IT REQUIRES a change of your entire attitude and ingrained life decision making (or the lack of proper decisions) processes, JUST to be given a chance to enter this Profession !
                      While it is true that if stopped for speeding on the Northway and you giving a heartfelt plea for a no point ticket versus the real thing...that a Trooper "may" be lenient...it is just as likely that the Trooper say, and rightfully so, "you should have know better" and duke you out with the 80 in 65 that you earned !
                      A Trooper would not start patrol without checking that his vehicle was fully stocked with the necessary equiptment and that all his and the vehicle's equiptment was properly functioning. We should all take a walk around prior to leaving the driveway to make sure our vehicle is up to snuff as well.

My Brother at USNA is hearing that there is a large backlog for Navy Pilots at the first step, API, in Pensacola, where you are tested, measured and given some basic flying to see if you have the basic qualifications that the Navy wants for Pilots. That usually takes 6 weeks but because of a shortage of Instructor Pilots at the next step in the process over 400 are in the backlog. Because of the huge backlog, ANY lapse in personal discipline is judged very harshly, so much so that even a speeding ticket will mean dismissal from API and reassignment into the Fleet!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                        Most people posting here are attempting to enter a highly competitive employment group, with strict entrance requirements, that are not flexible or forgiving of current or past mistakes in judgement or behavior.
                        IT REQUIRES a change of your entire attitude and ingrained life decision making (or the lack of proper decisions) processes, JUST to be given a chance to enter this Profession !
                        While it is true that if stopped for speeding on the Northway and you giving a heartfelt plea for a no point ticket versus the real thing...that a Trooper "may" be lenient...it is just as likely that the Trooper say, and rightfully so, "you should have know better" and duke you out with the 80 in 65 that you earned !
                        A Trooper would not start patrol without checking that his vehicle was fully stocked with the necessary equiptment and that all his and the vehicle's equiptment was properly functioning. We should all take a walk around prior to leaving the driveway to make sure our vehicle is up to snuff as well.

My Brother at USNA is hearing that there is a large backlog for Navy Pilots at the first step, API, in Pensacola, where you are tested, measured and given some basic flying to see if you have the basic qualifications that the Navy wants for Pilots. That usually takes 6 weeks but because of a shortage of Instructor Pilots at the next step in the process over 400 are in the backlog. Because of the huge backlog, ANY lapse in personal discipline is judged very harshly, so much so that even a speeding ticket will mean dismissal from API and reassignment into the Fleet!
                        Sir, good points and I couldn't agree with you more. It is probably one of the toughest and most competitive careers to get into. With the provided pool of talent, only the best of the best usually get picked. However, i am not being argumentative in any way when I say this, but if a person doesn't have ANY criminal record, NO past use of illegal substances, a master's degree, employed by the DoD Special Operations Command as an Accountant with a secret clearance, BUT has a speeding ticket and cell phone ticket . . . I wouldn't think that the two tickets would make the investigator say "you have bad character." And as a candidate, I would much rather explain two tickets than smoking weed or getting arrested. Nonetheless, I guess you would know far more than me on how these investigators think. If its not meant to be, its not meant to be.
                        Last edited by BradyBeck; 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Still in "it"

I don't think anyone would say that a speeder (at a "normal" speed over) and a cell phone would knock you out of consideration.
                          BUT, with multi-thousands passing the test and only hundreds getting into the Academy per year, it isn't unusual for totally "clean" applicants to turn up.
                          I have no arrests of any kind, no motor vehicle summones, no juvenile record, no drug use of any kind, in fact have been in an environment where I was unannounced drug tested every year and came up negative for not only CDS but also supplements as well. I admit to having received a fishing ticket when 16 when I moved back from a State that didn't require a fresh water license to one that did.
                          I don't consider me as unusual for the type of applicant to NYSP or other LE jobs.
                          So don't drink and drive, don't speed, don't have your cell phone on as you drive, wear your seat belt, and check your vehicle for lights/horn/windshield/good documents/etc.
                          Good luck, keep the faith...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                            I don't think anyone would say that a speeder (at a "normal" speed over) and a cell phone would knock you out of consideration.
                            BUT, with multi-thousands passing the test and only hundreds getting into the Academy per year, it isn't unusual for totally "clean" applicants to turn up.
                            I have no arrests of any kind, no motor vehicle summones, no juvenile record, no drug use of any kind, in fact have been in an environment where I was unannounced drug tested every year and came up negative for not only CDS but also supplements as well. I admit to having received a fishing ticket when 16 when I moved back from a State that didn't require a fresh water license to one that did.
                            I don't consider me as unusual for the type of applicant to NYSP or other LE jobs.
                            So don't drink and drive, don't speed, don't have your cell phone on as you drive, wear your seat belt, and check your vehicle for lights/horn/windshield/good documents/etc.
                            Good luck, keep the faith...

Thank you Sir.

How long does a ticket stay on your driving record? 3 years or so? Tell me if Im incorrect, but I would imagine that even if a ticket is off the DMV records, the state police can still see it when doing your BI

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                                Calm down BigWill, it not us to decide who gets in or what dq's. But I do see you points...just the rants are a bit much.

I actually think there are not that many people w/ zero police contacts ever, and there are some that just never got caught but it will come out in the poly. For example, did you ever drink under 21? If you did, you broke the law...maybe you didn't get caught...see where i am going.

Hell, they are not looking for saints...god knows I raised some cain and got jammed up a few times for being an idiot...but I still got hired by the USSS.

Good credit is more important than a few slip ups.

Totally agree Up On Base . . . BigWill brings good points, but you said it well . . . I don't care who you are, whether you are the president of the united states, EVERYONE has done something illegal or stupid. Nobody is a saint. I would imagine they look for trends, to see if you made the same stupid mistake over and over and over, or if you actually learned from it and became a better person. Bottom line, everyone has went over the speed limit . . . some people don't get caught, until the lie detector, thats why honesty is a virtue!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7742 users online. 375 members and 7367 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X