X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickebloom
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by NNYSquad
    Actually, they only made it into the 400's to fill the class.
    Number 403 to be exact. Only 100 away from me. Can't wait to go to processing again. Which parts do we have to do over? Anyone know? Thanks
    sigpic
    SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• BradyBeck
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by nickebloom
      Number 403 to be exact. Only 100 away from me. Can't wait to go to processing again. Which parts do we have to do over? Anyone know? Thanks

Good luck. Hey, quick question... since out of the 1,116 people that were called for the first academy ONLY 403 were processed, you wouldn't imagine that they would be calling another 1,000 or so people for this academy, right?

Comment

• BradyBeck
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2008

Hey all,

This question is more aimed at the other candidates out there. . . . Since the Jan and Feb 2008 examinations, have any of your ranks changed?

Comment

• hxd
          Regrouping
          • Jul 2007

Mine has changed a little. Not enough to make a change in processing for me.

Comment

• mwonger80
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2008

I also went down about 15 spots, from low 500s to high 400s. I went through processing for the December academy class, but no letter. I'm hoping for May/June since I'm in high 400s now & I have completed all of my processing. But, I also have to take in consideration the bad economy.

Comment

• BradyBeck
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mwonger80
              I also went down about 15 spots, from low 500s to high 400s. I went through processing for the December academy class, but no letter. I'm hoping for May/June since I'm in high 400s now & I have completed all of my processing. But, I also have to take in consideration the bad economy.
              My rank has stayed the same . . . I am in the mid 5,000's so I have PLENTY of time on my hands . . . but it has stayed the same. I was just wondering why some people's ranks have changed. I mean, the supplemental examinations haven't even been graded yet. My opinion . . . in the past, they normally process nearly 11,000 people in 4 years... I'm gonna say they will process a few thousand less than that, the economy sucks!!!

Comment

• nickebloom
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BradyBeck
                Good luck. Hey, quick question... since out of the 1,116 people that were called for the first academy ONLY 403 were processed, you wouldn't imagine that they would be calling another 1,000 or so people for this academy, right?
                Yeah they probably will just to play it safe. However the extra 600 that don't get considered for this next class will rollover to the next processing in the fall or winter, my guess anyway.
                sigpic
                SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• NYSP1938
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2008

I'm definatley more interested in the State police than the Sheriff's office, but here in Erie County the Sheriff's exam is coming up, not for road patrol unfortunately though. Also, one of the local cops gave me a heads up that there will be a police exam coming later this year.

Comment

• VeeDubs86
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2008

I was looking in to Navy OCS. I can tell you that Officer Candidate School tends to be highly selective; at least for the 'good' jobs. If you don't meet the grade (literally, since they take a look at academic grades and what type of school you went to), they give you the lesser desired Officer positions such as a SWO (Surface Warfare Officer) or a Supply Officer. I can't say too much more than that but I can forward you on the literature I was emailed from a Naval Officer Recruiter if you want (assuming I can still track it down through my inbox).
                    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Blitzfitz2150
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2008

Hey all, I'm a Trooper candidate and I remember at one of the processing sessions they told us we are required to report any interactions with on-duty Police Officers to Albany. Anyone else have a recollection of this?

I got pulled over today and received a ticket for a non-moving violation. Anyone know if this applies and also what number I'm supposed to call? 518-485-8375? I tried that number just now but I guess its after office hours there already. I'm going to try it again in the morning unless someone has more information for me. Thanks.
                      NYSP
                      2008 Exam Score - 97.64
                      Rank- 6xx

Comment

• FKD1013
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2008

My rank went down (in a bad way) 40 spots since the October 08' results were posted, not too bad I don't think. Still leaves me in the 4100's.

Comment

• BigWill2876
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2008

Navy

With my Brother graduating from USNA this May I can tell you the Service Selections that have more applicants than openings for this class.
                          USMC was the most oversubscribed to, even with the Marine Corps taking a higher percentage of this class than previous years.
                          NAVY PILOT was also oversubscibed although NFO (Navy Flight Officer) has openings for the second year in a row.
                          EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) and SEALs (BUDS training) also had more volunteers than available slots.

The two Service Selections with the most openings were SUBS and SWO. SUBS had about 30 openings after 85 volunteers and SWO had about 20.

Supply is slotted for graduates coming out of USNA that have some type of medical issue that will not allow them in the normal fleet billets.

Comment

• VeeDubs86
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by BigWill2876
                            With my Brother graduating from USNA this May I can tell you the Service Selections that have more applicants than openings for this class.
                            USMC was the most oversubscribed to, even with the Marine Corps taking a higher percentage of this class than previous years.
                            NAVY PILOT was also oversubscibed although NFO (Navy Flight Officer) has openings for the second year in a row.
                            EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) and SEALs (BUDS training) also had more volunteers than available slots.

The two Service Selections with the most openings were SUBS and SWO. SUBS had about 30 openings after 85 volunteers and SWO had about 20.

Supply is slotted for graduates coming out of USNA that have some type of medical issue that will not allow them in the normal fleet billets.
                            Yeah, I think Aviator is the most popular. I couldn't qualify for that even to get in the highly competitive running because I didn't meet the strict vision specs. Also, forgot about Subs. Can do that and possibly be based in New London/Groton, CT.
                            Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• skasif11
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2008

Ocs

I know everyone's talking NAVY, but I'm in the process of joining the NYARNG going in with the OCS (09S) option. I'm just waiting for MEPS docs to review my medical records from a surgery I recently had. I'm hoping to be at BCT around May. Initially, I thought of going this route because of the military testing going down, but my rank only moved 28 spots. I figured it would go much, much higher than that. Anyone know how the medical exam at the weekend processing is? If I have all records recording my surgery (abdominal hernia on 10/02/08), and I am clearly fully recovered, would it be much of a problem?

Comment

• NNYSquad
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2008

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-20-2009, 11:43 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11903 users online. 65 members and 11838 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...