300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYLCAJ88 View Post
    Hello Everyone, I have been following this thread for some time as well, thanks for all the valuable information.

Regarding the question, I spoke with a recruiter who said that the processing will hopefully begin in March (just a guess) and the next class will tentatively begin a couple months later. I am anticipating this next class very much, my rank is in the 1400's as well.
    If this is true, I have a question. I'm planning on joining the Army National Guard, leaving for BCT by June 09. After Basic, I wouldn't have any obligation (other than weekend drilling) until I start OCS on January 20ish, 2010, followed by two other phases which I probably wouldn't be able to start for 12 months after I graduate OCS...Would this mean that (assuming I pass the physicals and everything else), I could defer appointment until after I fulfill my ARNG responsibility?

Has anyone else been an active drill soldier while going through the academy? Just curious if you could share your thoughts on whether or not it was a huge pain to get time off from your drill weekends and such.

Thanks!

Comment

I am anticipating this next class very much, my rank is in the 1400's as well.

Does anyone know approximately what rank number they will start at for the second round of processing?

I think we went over this at some point here, but I know it was a while back and I don't remember!

Comment

• Hey guys. As for the most recent questions . . . I believe they called like the top 1200 guys for the first academy off the 2008 eligibility list. So if you are ranked in the 1400's, you are guaranteed to get a phone call for the next academy. Remember, if they are looking for 100 guys to fill the academy, they will call 1000 guys.... so look for them calling the next 1000 top ranked guys.

But.... here is the thing... they have administered a supplemental examination for military personnel that were unable to take the test due to being over in theatre... so once graded, this could push your rank back a bit. Plus there is one more supplemental examination that will be administered in March 2009, that will be the last of them.

Now, if anyone could answer this question, or atleast give an approximation, I would greatly appreciate it. How many people usually take these supplemental examinations?? does anyone have a clue ? Im just wondering in order to guesstimate how badly our ranks could be pushed back.

Thanks, and hopefully this answered some questions.

Comment

• Hey....just had a quick question. For a person going through the selection process for the second time... do the questionnaires and BI's look at your background since the last time being processed or is it the same for everyone? Thanks

Comment

• As an added note... there will also be up to 100 people leftover from the last processing. There was a little over 200 that were called for medical processing and 95 were selected for the current academy. Although some people were DQed, there still is a bunch of people that are leftover from last processing. Myself as one of them.

Comment

• fun in the sun

Hey all, long time listener, first time caller. Ya, I was left over from the processing for the December class, I passed everything, but was not called. However lucky me gets put on a battle roster for one of the two countries we are currently involved in, soo looks like I'll be putting in for a deferment until I get back. Good luck to everyone that will be going through the processing, just rememebr to tell the truth and you'll be ok. And yes, I was very angry at first when I found out that my number (mid 600s) was just missed. Thanks to all of you that keep our streets safe as well as my brothers in arms, this will be my number two deployment, but its what I signed up to do-

Comment

• Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                As an added note... there will also be up to 100 people leftover from the last processing. There was a little over 200 that were called for medical processing and 95 were selected for the current academy. Although some people were DQed, there still is a bunch of people that are leftover from last processing. Myself as one of them.
                I"m also a leftover from last medical processing, haven't heard anything other then no news is good news at this point. Hopefully they pick up from where they left off in the next round of processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                  I"m also a leftover from last medical processing, haven't heard anything other then no news is good news at this point. Hopefully they pick up from where they left off in the next round of processing.
                  There are also those of us who went to the processing weekend who haven't done a background yet and didn't go to the medical weekend, but still are in the mix.

Comment

• I asked a recruiter about how many military persons took the supplemental test and he could not answer the question; however, he did say not to worry about that too much.Personally, I don't think the test will affect our scores dramatically, but it might push us back a little...at least I hope only a little,lol.

Comment

I asked a recruiter about how many military persons took the supplemental test and he could not answer the question; however, he did say not to worry about that too much.Personally, I don't think the test will affect our scores dramatically, but it might push us back a little...at least I hope only a little,lol.
                      When I was processing, my rank dropped by almost 1000 spots after Military testing was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                        When I was processing, my rank dropped by almost 1000 spots after Military testing was done.

ML, Was that after one supplemental test?

Comment

• For those who have already went through processing, or who are troopers, what is an estimate of the ratio of men to women at the processing weekend in Albany?

Comment

• Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
                            Has anyone else been an active drill soldier while going through the academy? !
                            There were a couple in my class. I believe one guy was deployed after the academy even before FTO and completed FTO upon his return. There are 4 reserve/guard members at my station (all officers) and their units work with them as does the SP with their units. NYIllini may answer this better but I believe he resigned his commision prior to the academy.

Originally posted by FightingOrange View Post
                            Anyone have any idea of when the NYSP academy class might begin?
                            In the meantime, I took the exam for both Syracuse and Utica PD,!!!!
                            I doubt anyone knows when the next academy class will begin at this early stage; it would all be pure specualtion. If you get on with either the Utica or Syracuse PD you will learn a lot and do a lot of real police work!

Originally posted by tmo1114 View Post
                            Hey....just had a quick question. For a person going through the selection process for the second time... do the questionnaires and BI's look at your background since the last time being processed or is it the same for everyone? Thanks
                            Not sure what you are asking but if you mean do they update your background since the last time they saw you... then yes!

Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                            there still is a bunch of people that are leftover from last processing. Myself as one of them.
                            All those processing for the first time seem to forget this or not realize it!!!

Originally posted by mad22 View Post
                            this will be my number two deployment, but its what I signed up to do-
                            Stay safe!

Comment

ML, Was that after one supplemental test?
                              I don't know how many supplemental tests were given. I just know that in the end my rank had dropped that far.

Comment

• Academy

Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                                As an added note... there will also be up to 100 people leftover from the last processing. There was a little over 200 that were called for medical processing and 95 were selected for the current academy. Although some people were DQed, there still is a bunch of people that are leftover from last processing. Myself as one of them.
                                I was one as well, not DQ'd and in the 500's. I was told they took up to #403 for the present class. So I should be in the next one. Good lucK!
                                sigpic
                                SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7163 users online. 365 members and 6798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X