300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post

I find the Tahoes more comfortable then the Crown Vic. (Personal preference I guess)
    For some reason everyone runs on me and I have called out "failure to comply" more than I would have cared to

I am not pursuing anyone at breakneck speeds down rural roads in a Tahoe...

On another note has everyone here seen the dash cam video of the Albany shooting:
    http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2009/jan/12/125/

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
      I am not pursuing anyone at breakneck speeds down rural roads in a Tahoe...
      I will do everything in my power to include sit desk for 12 hours to not drive a Tahoe for this specific reason... Even winding a Tahoe up to 100 on the interstate is no fun and I am a speed freak.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Hmmm, I kind of like the Tahoes. I like being higher up and I find it easier to see cell phones and seatbelts violation. Plus at night, the lights from the Tahoe are blinding to the driver.

I find the Tahoes more comfortable then the Crown Vic. (Personal preference I guess)
        I know what you mean by being higher up, just not from a traffic enforcement point of view. I know the NYSP had Chevy Blazer's in the fleet for a couple of years if I'm correct. I just wouldn't feel that safe making turns at a fairly high rate of speed, but I don't go through the training you Tprs. do. Are you comfortable traveling at high rates of speed? I'm guessing it is more comfortable because the new Tahoes at least are a bit lower and closer to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
          On another note has everyone here seen the dash cam video of the Albany shooting:
          http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2009/jan/12/125/

Definitely a "pucker factor 10" moment.

Comment

Hmmm, I kind of like the Tahoes. I like being higher up and I find it easier to see cell phones and seatbelts violation. Plus at night, the lights from the Tahoe are blinding to the driver.

I love my Tahoe! I find it much roomier than the Crown Vic. I don't need to take of my Steton when I get back into the Tahoe either. We all have hit out heads on the door jam of the Crown Vic.
            For speed wise, I find it faster than the Crown Vic getting up to speed, and in some cases faster then SOME Crown Vics. (Some not all!!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              I will do everything in my power to include sit desk for 12 hours to not drive a Tahoe for this specific reason... Even winding a Tahoe up to 100 on the interstate is no fun and I am a speed freak.
              Being forced to be tethered to a desk by a ball and chain for even a minute a day is cruel and unusual punishment to me. If it paid as well, I'd go shovel snow to get away from the desk. To me, wanting to sit at a desk for 12 hours over driving a Tahoe says a lot about the Tahoe. Think Durangos would have been a bit better than Tahoes? I know some local police agencies around here use them. I think Troop K has/had some Jeeps too.
              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

well, from what i remember you are @ 8ft tall, so i can believe it.

Comment

• 90 is the number at the academy folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                    Being forced to be tethered to a desk by a ball and chain for even a minute a day is cruel and unusual punishment to me. If it paid as well, I'd go shovel snow to get away from the desk. To me, wanting to sit at a desk for 12 hours over driving a Tahoe says a lot about the Tahoe. Think Durangos would have been a bit better than Tahoes? I know some local police agencies around here use them. I think Troop K has/had some Jeeps too.
                    Desk time is when you do your paperwork... I don't sit at the station doing paperwork on the days I can be out on the road arresting people. If my pending cases pile gets too big I take the desk.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Ahhh, paperwork. My most favorite aspect of any job. Troopers have to provide supporting depositions on the spot now for traffic infractions also if I recall correctly, so that must be fun; especially for the more intriguing stops. Can you guys just say "Operator of motor vehicle was stupid" on all supporting depositions?
                      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that frequents this thread (especially the OTJ guys). I have received my official offer of employment from a local SO and start the academy in a couple weeks. Even though it's not the NYSP, I believe this agency will suit me well. It will provide me with some great entry-level experience and the chance of advancement in the future. I wanted to express my thanks to everyone here who has provided information and advice that carries over into the general LE hiring process. I have learned a lot just from this thread and utilized a lot of that knowledge to help me get hired. Again, thanks and stay safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                          Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that frequents this thread (especially the OTJ guys). I have received my official offer of employment from a local SO and start the academy in a couple weeks. Even though it's not the NYSP, I believe this agency will suit me well. It will provide me with some great entry-level experience and the chance of advancement in the future. I wanted to express my thanks to everyone here who has provided information and advice that carries over into the general LE hiring process. I have learned a lot just from this thread and utilized a lot of that knowledge to help me get hired. Again, thanks and stay safe.
                          Congratulations, good luck, and be safe sir!

Comment

I have received my official offer of employment from a local SO and start the academy in a couple weeks..
                            Congrats! The are a very good department and you will learn a lot from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                              Congratulations, good luck, and be safe sir!
                              Thanks. I've never been called sir before

Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Congratulations and Good Luck!
                              Thank you.

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                              Congrats! The are a very good department and you will learn a lot from them.
                              Thanks. I'm looking forward to it all. I know the academy and FT will be tough, but I also know it will prepare me for what I've wanted to do my whole life. I believe that this whole experience will make a better individual overall.

Comment

Thanks. I've never been called sir before
                                Well get used to it, you'll be hearing it a lot out there on the road! I use it all the time, respect

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10015 users online. 474 members and 9541 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X