300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
    No one! There is some restructuring of ranks and SDT is a victim of the new system. Basically they put the name of every member of the NYSP in a hat and drew those names at random for the new ranks.

I think one of the new probationary Troopers who just got off FTO is going to be the new Superintendent. Should be interesting...

Not sucking up, but congrats to those new Troopers off FTO especially if you are the new Superintendent.
    It feels good to be done with FTO, but thanks to some last minute decision changes Troop isn't letting us ride alone here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      I'm reluctant to start making calls for people, because I would be quickly inundated with lots of such requests. But I can suggest you contact your recruiter. He/she can probably find out.

On the other hand, if you had been DQ'd, you would know it by now.
      That's good to know, I will do just that and reach out to the local recruiter, I appreciate the feedback SDT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
        Hold on first you said you heard they stop for three over now you are saying you were stopped for 4 over. Which one is it? What I AM saying is just because you heard something doesn’t make it true. If you have experienced then why say you “heard”? Why say they just have that reputation. What reputation are you talking about?
        I guess I didn't clarify myself sorry on that. I was stopped for 4 over. 39 in a 35. Also I heard they still stop for very low amounts over the speed limit. That is why I said I heard. This was a while ago when we were stopped and I heard it hadn't really changed. The reputation I spoke of is that they stop for very low amounts over the speed limit. For example, 4 over. Not trying to be the bad guy here everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
          It feels good to be done with FTO, but thanks to some last minute decision changes Troop isn't letting us ride alone here.
          Um.....I believe I'm in the same troop and they are here.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I've got a question, I received and e-mail after exchanging e-mails with a recruiter about an Explorer program and they have a class Tuesday night at the Academy. Does anyone have any more information on this? Thanks.

Comment

• Hey everyone . . . I've been following this for quite some time but only made like one or two posts. I was just curious about something and wanted to see if any of you Troopers knew the answer to this. Typically, on these supplemental examinations that the agency administers . . . How many military personnel take this examination. I mainly would like to know just to judge or estimate how badly my rank could be effected. If anyone has any insight on this, I would appreciate it.

Comment

• Also, I have read alot of concern on how the agency will be affected through Paterson's budget cuts. Seems to me, through reading articles and talking with Trooper Recruitment officers, the public safety division won't really be affected, what will affect the number of academies would be the attrition rate. Fewer state workers are retiring. Let me know what you think . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by BradyBeck View Post
                  Also, I have read alot of concern on how the agency will be affected through Paterson's budget cuts. Seems to me, through reading articles and talking with Trooper Recruitment officers, the public safety division won't really be affected, what will affect the number of academies would be the attrition rate. Fewer state workers are retiring. Let me know what you think . . .
                  Usually public safety won't be affected. I think Governor Paterson even said that, before though. I don't see how the attrition rate would be affected? You have to have what it takes to make it through the academy. They pay you in the academy around 50,000 I'm pretty sure. The amount of academy classes will be affected is my guess because of less funding available for the division. You will probably get a better answer from one of the Troopers on the board though. Just my .02

Comment

• Originally posted by BradyBeck View Post
                    Also, I have read alot of concern on how the agency will be affected through Paterson's budget cuts. Seems to me, through reading articles and talking with Trooper Recruitment officers, the public safety division won't really be affected, what will affect the number of academies would be the attrition rate. Fewer state workers are retiring. Let me know what you think . . .
                    Budget Woes are not stopping any guys that I know who are planning to retire. The numbers of road Troopers has dwindled over the years with the advent of all kinds of special details. When I was driving back and forth between home and college in the early 90's... I would see no less than 5 Troopers in the ~180 miles. Now I can make the trip and would be lucky if I see 3. If there is only money the the budget for 70 seats in the main lecture hall once a year... it doesn't matter that we could use 200 new Troopers every 6 months on the road... we are only going to get 70 recruits.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        Um.....I believe I'm in the same troop and they are here.
                        Nah, I have to deal with the lack of respect for another few weeks. Still riding with their primary!
                        How quickly the Yes Sir, No Sir vanishes

Comment

• http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/10/...ing/index.html

Be safe on the roads out there guys

Comment

• Talked with my troop recruiter, they said that for this class they went up to number 403 off the list.
                            sigpic
                            SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Yes please be safe Troopers! That could have been a very bad scence. Thankfully no officers, troopers, or civilians were injured and the moron (kind word) who did this will be going to jail for a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
                                I haven't posted on here in quite awhile. I do frequent the thread and see some of the same names still around and quite a few new ones.

Anyway, I saw this special report that a local news station is doing about the use of Tahoe's by the NYSP and thought I would share it.

http://news10now.com/content/special...s/Default.aspx
                                good post......i recently put in my request to remain in a crown vic....those tahoes feel so unstable to me...probably just not used to them

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9785 users online. 342 members and 9443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X