Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pdlynbrook View Post
    Hey SDT, who did you p*ss off?
    No one! There is some restructuring of ranks and SDT is a victim of the new system. Basically they put the name of every member of the NYSP in a hat and drew those names at random for the new ranks.

I think one of the new probationary Troopers who just got off FTO is going to be the new Superintendent. Should be interesting...

Not sucking up, but congrats to those new Troopers off FTO especially if you are the new Superintendent.
    Last edited by GrayPatriot; 01-07-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
      No one! There is some restructuring of ranks and SDT is a victim of the new system. Basically they put the name of every member of the NYSP in a hat and drew those names at random for the new ranks.

I think one of the new probationary Troopers who just got off FTO is going to be the new Superintendent. Should be intersting...

Not sucking up, but congrats to those new Troopers off FTO especially if you are the new Superintendent.
      Hahaha. That sounds like a stupid way to do business. It's New York State though so you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        I took a week off in early December. When I came back, I found out I was demoted and transfered.

So, I've been off for this past week, and I'm afraid to even ask.....

...but was I demoted and/or tranfered again?
        Well, I was joking when I typed that, but I was transferred again. This time right back to where I started from (well 40 feet down the hallway).

A certain frequent contributor to this thread is transfferd here too.

Welcome GrayState.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
          SDT, what would have to occur for the NYSP to demote someone (or I am missing something?) Also, has anyone heard how the current class is coming along ? # of dropouts? I was relatively high on the last list, but haven't received a letter stating where I stand or if I was Dq'd, etc... just playing the waiting game...
          I was being sarcastic when I said demoted, I'm not actually. But I'll have some new duties normally associated with one rank lower than the rank I have. No big deal really.

One of my guys is working at the Academy now, I'll ask next time I see him. But after 2 weeks, I think he said 6 had quit.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              I was being sarcastic when I said demoted, I'm not actually. But I'll have some new duties normally associated with one rank lower than the rank I have. No big deal really.

One of my guys is working at the Academy now, I'll ask next time I see him. But after 2 weeks, I think he said 6 had quit.
              Thanks SDT, is there anyway of having someone up in Albany or possibly local recruiter provide status of application other then member hiring? I spoke with someone up there a over a month ago and was told that I should receive an update in the mail shortly (within 2-3 weeks) , but nothing has arrived. I went through all processing up to the medical and haven't received a yes / no / pending since. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Comment

• Have a meeting with the Troop G recruiter next wednesday! Excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                  Thanks SDT, is there anyway of having someone up in Albany or possibly local recruiter provide status of application other then member hiring? I spoke with someone up there a over a month ago and was told that I should receive an update in the mail shortly (within 2-3 weeks) , but nothing has arrived. I went through all processing up to the medical and haven't received a yes / no / pending since. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
                  I'm reluctant to start making calls for people, because I would be quickly inundated with lots of such requests. But I can suggest you contact your recruiter. He/she can probably find out.

On the other hand, if you had been DQ'd, you would know it by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                    Well, at least I didn't get painted post and my new boss is alright from what I hear
                    Yeah, but you only heard that from me.

Sorry I woke you up.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by forresde1 View Post
                        Quick interjection:

I've stopped tons of cars and the NY ones tend to think I'm insane for stopping them for 12, 15, 16 over the limit. They general indicate that the NYSP would never stop for those speeds. I've never met a NYSP Trooper so please give me something so I can act like I do know what goes on in NY next time I get one of these persons.

I'm tired of saying, "Well sir/maam I don't know about NY but it doesn't fly in VA."

thx.....
                        Well from what I've heard VA will stop for 3mph over.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

That would be odd. Never heard of that at least not with the VSP. I've heard of some smaller towns pulling interesting stunts of that nature. Kinda hard to go in front of the judge on that one.
                            Virginia's just got that reputation I guess. Most Troopers I know say they start pulling over at 12+ on the thruway. I find it hard to believe someone asking why they are being stopped for 16 over! I was once pulled over in Chesapeake for 4mph over. My father almost lost it, radar has a +1, -1 reading right? Haha anyways long story short, we didn't get the ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Don’t believe everything you read on this forum about the VSP. It is a top notch organization. All the complaining you hear here or elsewhere is more sour grapes than anything. I don’t care if it is a civilian or another cop anytime someone is complaining/bitch1ng about an agency after they get a ticket I stop listening.
                              No that's not what I'm doing. I experienced a stop for 4 over by a Virginia Trooper. I have a profound respect for any officer/trooper out there and will never look down on any kind of work they do. Whether it be a stop for 1 over or 50 over. I was just surprised that an officer would stop at that low of a speed. But hey, a speed limit is a speed limit.

Comment

I've stopped tons of cars and the NY ones tend to think I'm insane for stopping them for 12, 15, 16 over the limit. They general indicate that the NYSP would never stop for those speeds. I've never met a NYSP Trooper so please give me something so I can act like I do know what goes on in NY next time I get one of these persons.

I'm tired of saying, "Well sir/maam I don't know about NY but it doesn't fly in VA."

thx.....
                                Kinda depends on the road, conditions and speed limit.

15 over in a 65 zone is a good stop anywhere/any time/ any day.

15 over back in the 55 days always seemed weak to me. Most guys waited until at least 17 over back then. 72 was my minimum on the big road back in the day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8636 users online. 477 members and 8159 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X