300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mwonger80 View Post
    hey nick, cars/metals are replacable, I work for a volvo dealer, screw the car, screw the money, just be happy your safe man, I've seen too many screwed up things happen involving car accidents, and I'm not even an officer yet.... keep your head straight, i'm sure we're all glad to hear your ok
    Thank you sir for the kinds words, I appreciate that. It isn't the money, or the car that I'm upset about. It's the deputy. I'm very relieved and glad to be sitting here with not a scratch on me. Once again, thanks!

Comment

• Just in case any of you are interested....there is an action pistol league starting this sunday at the Oneida Rifle Club for those of you in Troop D it right near the Headquarters Building.

If anyone wants to try it out they have a website....
      http://www.oneidarifleclub.com/

here is the contact info for the action pistol league...
      http://www.oneidarifleclub.com/pdf/November-2008.pdf

Later....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
        Just involved in a car accident. Had someone cut into my lane of traffic and stay in it traveling over 70mph. I moved over to the shoulder and hit ice and snow than did a 180 into a guard rail and snowbank. A lot of damage. Car did not even stop. Put my hazard lights on and a Schenectady County Sheriff Deputy drove by and I flashed him with my high beams and he didn't even brake. Stupid me drove to a side street to avoid cars whizzing passed me at 55mph+. Deputy drove by again, didn't even stop. Than again and I flashed him with my flashlight, once again didn't even stop. Car was driveable so my dad told me to drive home behind him. Now I have a 500 dollar deductible to pay. I'm so furious more at the Deputy. I could understand if he was responding to a call, but no calls were made by him to another officer. My phone was dead after calling my dad. Filed a report with the local pd and they didn't understand why the deputy didn't even stop or radio it in. I'm so ****ed right now had to vent.

/rant.
        How do u know he was not responding to a call or maybe he did not see u. If u were in ur car how could u without a doubt know that. Also since he passed u twice maybe he was looking for something in the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          Any 14 yet???
          Still not out for Troop E.

I got to believe it will be out this week coming up. I know people within the Troop have been getting phone calls.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
            How do u know he was not responding to a call or maybe he did not see u. If u were in ur car how could u without a doubt know that. Also since he passed u twice maybe he was looking for something in the area.
            I stated in my first post, "I could understand if he was responding to a call." Well the third time he passed me he passed very slow and I flashed the flashlight in his window. He braked and came to a slow crawl and then just sped off. I'm not saying he did see me, but to me it was very hard not to see a car just involved in an accident half on the road half off, the hazard lights, the high beams flashing, and a flashlight in the window of his car. Somehow to me it has to be hard to miss all of that.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Delete Post.
                Last edited by NYSP61; 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Funny how quiet the thread got after the class started. Probably won't pick up again until March or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    Funny how quiet the thread got after the class started. Probably won't pick up again until March or so.
                    I know, weird. It's time to come up with a topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                      I know, weird. It's time to come up with a topic.

Well, my demotion and involuntary transfer is effective Thursday. Want to discuss that?

Comment

• I've been following this forum since I took the exam in January and I think it's been a great source to motivate me about this potential career. Lately I've been thinking about leaving the IRR and heading into the Active Reserves. It's not my intention to make me a better candidate than the next guy but it couldnt hurt right? I would like to think I've done enough but what do some of you think?

Comment

Well, my demotion and involuntary transfer is effective Thursday. Want to discuss that?
                          Oh boy! Well that's terrible SDT I'm sorry haha. I would not want to put you in an upset mood so how bout them giants? ahah

Comment

They have started it all over now! I hope we don't lose our Station Commander

Comment

Hey SDT, who did you p*ss off?

Comment

• SDT, what would have to occur for the NYSP to demote someone (or I am missing something?) Also, has anyone heard how the current class is coming along ? # of dropouts? I was relatively high on the last list, but haven't received a letter stating where I stand or if I was Dq'd, etc... just playing the waiting game...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9755 users online. 364 members and 9391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X