Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanx for the reply Trooper4985. I was a bit confused about this Jan academy class. So I guess i'm still looking at approx. June - August for the next processing unless by some miracle another class is put in earlier. Maybe I'll get lucky and a large number of Troopers will retire this year. LOL! I'll keep ya's posted if I hear anything further.

Thanx again,
    Bob
    Last edited by ATrooper2b; 01-15-2007, 08:59 PM.
    sigpic
    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985
      The recruits that are about ready to be cut loose graduated on Halloween so most knew that the likelyhood of a November class was slim and none.
      Today was the first day alone from being cut loose. What a weird feeling to look over at the passenger seat and have no one else there.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState
        Today was the first day alone from being cut loose. What a weird feeling to look over at the passenger seat and have no one else there.
        I think about that all the time. The fact that it will be just me out there for miles in some cases. I think that this is why it is most important to treat all traffic stops and calls as possible gun runs and stay alert at all times. You can never have too much training and keeping yourself in great physical shape is the biggest link in you safety. Always be mentally and physically one step ahead of anyone you are dealing with. It only takes a second for things to get ugly. According to Troopers I have spoke with over the years about the job, they say these are the key elements of having a long healthy career and making it to a long healthy retirement you can enjoy.

Good luck to you and all who just went solo.

Bob
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew
          192nd graduated 93
          193rd graduated 243
          194th entered with ~82

I would guess the average class has been ~150
          The 242 was an absurdly large number.
          The 82 unusually low.

I'd suspect the average is just north of 100. Just my guess.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
            earlier. Maybe I'll get lucky and a large number of Troopers will retire this year. LOL! I'll keep ya's posted if I hear anything further.
            You trying to push me out the door too?

Comment

About running dual academies... I know it happened a few times many many years ago. There were a few classes in Brockport probably 20 years or more ago.
              There were 2 academies (Brockport and Albany) for only two classes.

#160 (Fall of 1986) and #161 (Spring of 1987).

Since those people are all eligible to retire now (or will be in a few weeks) we may indeed see accelerated retirements. It seems to me we already have, though maybe for other reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                You trying to push me out the door too?
                Nothing personal Sir... Just always believed in that saying... "Out with the old and in with the new". LOL! It's time to give some of us young blood a chance. By the way... your not one of those old timers still carrying your six-shooter are ya? LOL! My father did 30 years in LE but thats when it was too good to retire. LOL!

Honestly, I would like work with and learn from the experienced and not just modern day text book theory. Unfortunately, the only way I will get in before my list expires or I am too old, is for people to retire. So, all of you listening that are due... let's hand in those papers already.
                sigpic

Comment

Hahaha... Vacation picks haven't made it down to you yet?

I'm trying to figure out which platoon will burn the fewest AL days for my honeymoon this year. Thats if the senior guys don't want to vacation those weeks.
                  When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                    Nothing personal Sir... Just always believed in that saying... "Out with the old and in with the new". LOL! It's time to give some of us young blood a chance. By the way... your not one of those old timers still carrying your six-shooter are ya? LOL! My father did 30 years in LE but thats when it was too good to retire. LOL!

Honestly, I would like work with and learn from the experienced and not just modern day text book theory. Unfortunately, the only way I will get in before my list expires or I am too old, is for people to retire. So, all of you listening that are due... let's hand in those papers already.
                    You don't have to encourage anyone to retire... we're short enough on the road as it is.

Originally posted by Ranter64
                    I'm trying to figure out which platoon will burn the fewest AL days for my honeymoon this year. Thats if the senior guys don't want to vacation those weeks.
                    Don't do it... I can't imagine that my barracks is much diffrent from any other in Division... the odds are stacked against you... Right now there are 3 divorces in the works and one was just finalized. One of the guys who just got cut loose had his wedding anouncement in the paper and 2 or 3 weeks later (right after graduation) it was off. Do your retirement plan a favor and learn that dogs are always faithful and wont care if you come stumbling in at 3am and can't remember your own name.
                    Last edited by Trooper4985; 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• [QUOTE=Trooper4985]You don't have to encourage anyone to retire... we're short enough on the road as it is.

I have heard that from quite a few Troopers. I can't understand how with crime growing and the need for anti-terrorism security the Govenor won't increase the manpower. I'm looking to eventually work central upstate and it's bad enough that around there your backup is miles away. Hopefully one day we will get a Govenor that sees the need for more manpower.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I did my AL picks already. Fortunately for me, it really doesn't matter when I take them. No wife or kids does have its advantages. I just started buying myself some nice toys and have a pretty good setup where I'm moving.

We might see some accelerated retirements now too since our contract is about to expire, right?

Comment

Fortunately for me, it really doesn't matter when I take them. No wife or kids does have its advantages. I just started buying myself some nice toys and have a pretty good setup where I'm moving.
                          +1

Santa left a loaded black 2006 Mustang GT with red stripes, ducktail and Borla/FRPP exhaust in my garage this christmas
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

You don't have to encourage anyone to retire... we're short enough on the road as it is.
                            4985, it's when my boss starts encouraging me to retire that I'll be worried. Fortunately, that hasn't happened yet, so I plan on sticking around for a while longer. I'm quite happy where I am, doing what I'm doing.

ATrooper2B, it's nothing personal.

Comment

We might see some accelerated retirements now too since our contract is about to expire, right?
                              That could happen if it looks like years might pass before resolution.

Comment

• NYSP training...

Hi, Anyone know how long you ride along with an experienced Trooper once you finish the academy? Also, How ,long is probation?

Thanx
                                Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 12:06 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11076 users online. 513 members and 10563 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X