Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I may have misunderstood him...maybe he was saying something about using some of your active duty years towards retirement. I'm not sure, he told me one of those and I asked about the other...I just can't remember whether he told me about the retirement, or the seniority.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
      The Army recruiter I was talking to also advised me that if I were to be hired after serving in the army (say 4 yrs), after graduation from the academy, my salary would start higher than normal. Can anyone confirm this?
      Salary with who? There is no signing bonus with the NYSP simply because you did the right thing and served your county. Recruiters are known to tell you anything they think will get you to sign the contract. I would ask this recruiter to document where his information came from.
      sigpic

      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Trooper4985's official theme song

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
        Salary with who? There is no signing bonus with the NYSP simply because you did the right thing and served your county. Recruiters are known to tell you anything they think will get you to sign the contract. I would ask this recruiter to document where his information came from.
        Whoa...easy man. As I wrote a few posts before, I must've misunderstood him. But I wasn't thinking in terms of signing bonus, I was talking about getting seniority based incentives (1st year of work, actually being 3 years of work with AD time), but like I said earlier, I think he told me about the buying back 3 years of retirement time, and I asked the latter.

        Comment


        • Hey guys be careful out there on patrol, hopefully the rest of new york isnt as bad as the city, 2 cop killers were aquitted of murder...and the third was declared a mistrial because some one was sick. Not trying to turn this into the NYPD rant but there is already a big change out on the streets in my pct. Be Safe and be smart. RIP Det Timoshenko RIP PO Enchautegui.

          Comment


          • NY State Resident here. Thanks to the Troopers working out there today and tomorrow, helping to keep things safe. Happy Holidays.

            Comment


            • A western New York couple is credited with helping save a woman's life after her car crashed off a snow-covered road and landed in a rural creek.

              Virginia and James "Chip" McKotch of Kennedy were traveling on a Chautauqua County road Tuesday morning when she spotted the back of a car sticking out of Cassadaga Creek, 60 miles south of Buffalo.

              Chip McKotch walked down an embankment and tried to look inside the submerged vehicle, but the windows were fogged over. He yelled but heard nothing, so the McKotches called police. State Trooper Kevin Wozniak soon arrived and heard a muffled voice when he pounded on a window. He broke it with a rescue tool and pulled 66-year-old Lola Bennett of Frewsburg to safety.

              Comment


              • Does anyone know why they took the videos off of the NYSP Recruitment website? Also the career slideshow is no longer on the site.

                Thanks

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
                  A western New York couple is credited with helping save a woman's life after her car crashed off a snow-covered road and landed in a rural creek.

                  Virginia and James "Chip" McKotch of Kennedy were traveling on a Chautauqua County road Tuesday morning when she spotted the back of a car sticking out of Cassadaga Creek, 60 miles south of Buffalo.

                  Chip McKotch walked down an embankment and tried to look inside the submerged vehicle, but the windows were fogged over. He yelled but heard nothing, so the McKotches called police. State Trooper Kevin Wozniak soon arrived and heard a muffled voice when he pounded on a window. He broke it with a rescue tool and pulled 66-year-old Lola Bennett of Frewsburg to safety.
                  Here's a link to the article. I know this Trooper, good for him.

                  http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/531910.html
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
                    Does anyone know why they took the videos off of the NYSP Recruitment website? Also the career slideshow is no longer on the site.

                    Thanks
                    Budget cuts... they couldn't afford the bandwidth anymore.
                    sigpic

                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    Trooper4985's official theme song

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                      Budget cuts... they couldn't afford the bandwidth anymore.
                      Really? I heard it was so they could tax the NYS residents that wanted to watch them.

                      Comment


                      • Merry Christmas to everyone here! Enjoy your holidays. For those of you out on patrol always stay safe!

                        Comment


                        • Anyone think they'll go up to the 1700's for the next round of processing? With tolls and taxes going up I'm starting to think maybe Patterson won't make public safety state cuts

                          Comment


                          • Top Number

                            1699 is the highest number that 'they' are reporting for the next class...

                            Comment


                            • Today is a good day

                              Look what Santa left under the tree

                              1. Go fast

                              2. Stay safe
                              sigpic

                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                              Trooper4985's official theme song

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                Look what Santa left under the tree

                                1. Go fast

                                2. Stay safe
                                New Pipes- Check

                                New Glock - Check +

                                Here's what I got, not quite as pricey but I'm happy

                                Last edited by SCHPapplicant21; 12-25-2008, 11:25 AM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9798 users online. 345 members and 9453 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X