300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Carry

Just another firearms question..but by the looks of things most of you like em so what the hey...

Most of you prolly have CCWs. I also heard you can buy a handgun using your badge. How does all that work? Do you have to list everything you have on your CCW on your badge as well? Vice Versa?

Also do they allow you to carry a backup weapon (ie. ankle holster etc.)?

Just curious how all that works?

One more thing...do I need to keep calling my background investigator everytime that I put another handgun on my permit? I have a small shooting addiction that drives my wife nuts....although she is getting into it and pursuing her own permit.

Many thanks...and best of luck to those that made it into this first class. I got bumped back into the 700s so I'm hoping I make the next one but we'll see what the Governor has up his sleeve.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
      Yeah it was a big 14. Most of the Troopers around here got a heads up so there was no surprises.
      No heads up here Thus the surprize.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• What is a File 14?

Comment

• It's a little bit of "inside baseball," but basically it's just an administrative message dealing with personnel matters.

Promotions, transfers, reassignments, that sort of thing.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Dropped by the academy today, saw the recruits out doing some push-ups in their business attire and the cloud of breath from all the Troopers yelling. Joy. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              It's a little bit of "inside baseball," but basically it's just an administrative message dealing with personnel matters.

Promotions, transfers, reassignments, that sort of thing.
              Got it, thanks SDT..
              Last edited by Yankees13; 03-23-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                Got it, thanks SDT..

What is the thought process behind making recruits do pushups in business attire/suits? Isn't that what PT gear is for ?
                It's for the amusement of the staff.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  It's for the amusement of the staff.
                  They were amused. I saw bunches of grins.

Comment

• Well, I received my rejection letter today. This is coming after I spoke with many people in Albany who said I was going to be in the next class. I was even told that my BI passed and made it through the process too. I was ranked 485, with a 98.55 so I really do not know what to think. At least I have a good job now so I was not banking on it, but it is pretty discouraging since I flew back and forth from NC for every little thing and after being told I was in the next class, to be rejected. I guess it is funny how NYS works. Good luck to everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
                      Well, I received my rejection letter today. This is coming after I spoke with many people in Albany who said I was going to be in the next class. I was even told that my BI passed and made it through the process too. I was ranked 485, with a 98.55 so I really do not know what to think. At least I have a good job now so I was not banking on it, but it is pretty discouraging since I flew back and forth from NC for every little thing and after being told I was in the next class, to be rejected. I guess it is funny how NYS works. Good luck to everyone else.

Join the North Carolina State Highway Patrol, you'll have just as much fun down there, dont give up

Comment

Well, I received my rejection letter today. This is coming after I spoke with many people in Albany who said I was going to be in the next class. I was even told that my BI passed and made it through the process too. I was ranked 485, with a 98.55 so I really do not know what to think. At least I have a good job now so I was not banking on it, but it is pretty discouraging since I flew back and forth from NC for every little thing and after being told I was in the next class, to be rejected. I guess it is funny how NYS works. Good luck to everyone else.
                        sorry to hear doowan, what was their reasoning? did they list anything specific?

Comment

Very sorry to hear that doowan. Don't give up!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCHPapplicant21 View Post
                            Join the North Carolina State Highway Patrol, you'll have just as much fun down there, dont give up
                            If getting into suspect cars and making arrests is your thing. Many things can come from an illegal tint stop but not every cop is into "roadkills" and accidents.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              If getting into suspect cars and making arrests is your thing. Many things can come from an illegal tint stop but not every cop is into "roadkills" and accidents.

Just trying to give the man confidence. Wasn't exactly trying to call a highway patrol a state police agency, I was talking in more terms of sheer agency size and being able to call yourself a "trooper" please dont bite my head off. NYSP is obviously legit otherwise 18000 people (one of which was myself) wouldn't have taken the test.

Comment

• Thanks to everyone who has sent a message offering me their thanks. To answer some of the questions that were asked, no, I did not have any problems with the background investigator. I was arrested once at 15, but I do not think that could have been what disqualified me. I did have my share of tickets, but most of them came in 2002, but my BI said that he didn't see anything that would dq me so I do not know. Secondly, the person that told me I was in the next class, is currently running and teaching classes at the current academy. I was told by him that since I was on "the cusp" of being in the backfills that my BI had to be done and approved of by Albany incase I was called. I passed every stage of the process, and after being told I was in, I basically feel that I was lied to to my face. My current profession is a teacher, which I have been doing now for the last 3 years, so I can't see the problem being my background and character. Whatever the reason is, I will not get an answer. My dq letter said I would not be considered for any future employment. I find it ironic that they say I'm not qualified, but the person that they do hire ends up in a scandal or getting fired, or even more so, they end up quitting the academy and wasting the NYSP time. Good luck to everyone else out there who is waiting. I'm sure that I will not be the only one who received news to the contrary.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7170 users online. 363 members and 6807 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X