Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the great advice, I just wont want to damage any chances with the NYSP because of applications with other agencies. I have been applying basically Everywhere b/c I want to be in law enforcement.

I don't see anyting negative because I am basically going to copy all information from my NYSP application to the other applications.
    Thanks again guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGiants View Post
      Does the academy get easier as it goes on or is it the same yelling and messing with you as it is in the beginning....if it does get easier when does it?? (wife of NYGIANTS)
      Like some of the guys have mentioned is may not necessarily get easier rather you adapt to the routine. They do throw curve balls at you to keep you on your toes but it is never easy.

Every Sunday night driving off Exit 3 (correct me if I am wrong) you get the same sick feeling in your stomach whether it be week 2 or week 22.

Comment

• Does anyone know how to find out the new list of eligibility?
        sigpic
        SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
          Does anyone know how to find out the new list of eligibility?
          I would think the best way is to keep checking on www.nytrooper.com.

Remember, rank numbers will change based upon the last (and upcoming March 21, 2009) military testing.

As of today, exam results from the October 4, 2008 Military Testing are not yet available.

Regardless of what it is now, it WILL change after they figure in the military applicants that tested in October and those that will test in March '09.

The most accurate rank number for all of us will be AFTER the March 2009 Military Testing.

Just my 2 cents. Anyone else, feel free to correct or agree with me.

Comment

• So for all of you out there that did not make it in to this class but passed all phases of processing.....what is your rank number? Thanks
            sigpic
            SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• I scored a 98.55, and I am currently ranked 48X.

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-21-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• hey, first post but i've been reading along for a while. i scored a 97.xx and ranked in the 700's

Comment

• I'm in the 800's.....

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-21-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• patrol

Hey I know you guys have the .45 GAP now but do you carry a shotgun or rifle on patrol? If so does everyone? thanks and good luck to everyone

Comment

• I normally would be happy with a score above an 80 on a test, but not when it ranks me above 11.5k.
                          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beatcop10 View Post
                            Hey I know you guys have the .45 GAP now but do you carry a shotgun or rifle on patrol? If so does everyone? thanks and good luck to everyone
                            Every Troop Car is equipped with a Remington 870 with a short barrel. We all qualify at 50 yards with slugs in it but I would prefer (and feel safer) having division allow me qualify with and carry an M4 (with green tip ammo) topped with an EOTech that I have to buy on my own.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I asked it because I just couldn't see it in pictures. But thanks for enlightening me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                I would prefer (and feel safer) having division allow me qualify with and carry an M4 (with green tip ammo) topped with an EOTech that I have to buy on my own.
                                Who wouldn't prefer one of these! Heck, I'd even buy my own too if we were allowed to carry them (I'd prefer it to be mounted above my head though)
                                Last edited by phoenix23; 12-12-2008, 07:36 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11932 users online. 453 members and 11479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X