Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a whole lot of jobs in the feds that do the stuff I wanted to do as a trooper but i suppose i can find somthing similiar. Federal Protective Services maybe. who knows
    "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• alright thanx for the info. nysp was really the only one i wanted to do as far as a state or local agency. Just crazy that the whole thing even happend. Talk about life throwing you curves. Probably going to go air and marine once ive spent a little time as a cbp officer
      "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• Originally posted by woodster11x View Post
        . Plenty of opportunities in the feds that dont require the individual to be a robot :-(
        You answered your own question with this remark! I wouldn't bother taking the test again!

Originally posted by willie7797 View Post
        How come troopers dont wear vests?
        What would make you incorrecly think this?

Comment

• Originally posted by willie7797 View Post
          How come troopers dont wear vests?
          Seeing as shortly after Andy Sperr was murdered, the Superintendant made it mandatory for road Troopers to wear their vest (even though Andy was wearing his vest), I doubt you are going to see any road Troopers not wearing their vest. It's tough to see that some guys are wearing their vest because they are in great shape... some of us aren't in such great shape so the vest is visible.

And what is with the bold?
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by woodster11x View Post
            alright thanx for the info. nysp was really the only one i wanted to do as far as a state or local agency. Just crazy that the whole thing even happend. Talk about life throwing you curves. Probably going to go air and marine once ive spent a little time as a cbp officer
            Its all good man. Cbp is very boring. go for marines sniper.

Comment

• Vests

My Dad always pipes up; "Don't think that vests will ALWAYS work, be ready, think ahead tactically, and shoot straight !"

One of his good friends NJSP was murdered on a mv stop, with vest on, while reloading his 6 shooter (didn't carry a back up). One .9mm went under the arm pit, no vest area, bounced off a bone and thru the heart.

Comment

• Does the academy get easier as it goes on or is it the same yelling and messing with you as it is in the beginning....if it does get easier when does it?? (wife of NYGIANTS)

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                    Just out of curiosity where did you get this idea?
                    I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                      I'm guessing your writing this because he came home from the first week and you could tell he was a little rattled. This is perfectly normal. If you have never been in a situation like that before I can be a HUGE shock. The Academy doesn't get easier so much as you get used to it. You develop a rhythm and before you know it that rhythm will pull you through. There is always going to be PT, DT and an Academic course load. Most of all there is always going to be some sort of instructor induced stress. It has to be there. But if they are cut out to be a Trooper the recruits will learn to deal with it to the point where eventually it seems easier. Some recruits will have an easier time with the Academy but it is really never supposed to be easy.
                      NY Illini , you mention there is always PT, DT and course load, what does DT refer to? Thanks... I'm trying to get as much feedback/info about The Academy as possible.

Comment

• Thanks JB !

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees13 View Post
                          NY Illini , you mention there is always PT, DT and course load, what does DT refer to? Thanks... I'm trying to get as much feedback/info about The Academy as possible.
                          This thread is a great source of information. 200 some odd pages will take a while to go through, but the information in here is great as stated. Check out http://www.nytrooper.com/academy.cfm for some more Academy information.

Comment

• For those who don't know I scored 97xx on the written test in Feb, ranked low 600s, and was invited to final medical processing, but was not on selection for this class or a backfill. I contacted my recruiter who had advised me to stay in shape, out of trouble, the usual. I am finishing college right now so I have no problem with that. However, other Police agencies have been contacting me for further processing including Pennsylvania State Police & a local NJ police agency.

I wanted to know if processing through these agencies could be damaging to my appointment in the NYSP?
                            Although the NYSP had already reviewed my background, I am just nervous that if one of these agencies find something not suitable for them, when reviewed before the next academy class, it will be looked at negatively. How much truth can be told of this?

Comment

• Different agencies have different standards when looking at candidates. If PaSP doesn't feel that you're a good fit, but NYSP does, I don't see where that would hurt you with NYSP.

On the other hand, consider this:
                              What if, for whatever reason, you don't get an invite from NYSP after you have passed on several other agencies?

If your dream is to be a cop, it would be prudent to pursue ALL of the opportunities presented to you. Even if you don't get (or take) the job, you get practice in going through the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                                If your dream is to be a cop, it would be prudent to pursue ALL of the opportunities presented to you. Even if you don't get (or take) the job, you get practice in going through the process.
                                Agreed.

I learned a while back that if being involved in law enforcement is what I really want to do (and it is ) then I absolutely cannot put all my eggs in one basket.

I received excellent advice from a Lt./SWAT Cmdr. which I will pass on to you: Take as many tests as you can and get your foot in the door, even if it is not at first with your "dream agency". Then go from there.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12215 users online. 456 members and 11759 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X